A MAN has spoken of the moment he lost everything after the buses he lives in caught fire and went up in flames.

The incident, which involved three propane gas cylinders, saw more than 30 firefighters rush to Poles Lane in Otterbourne last night.

As well as the two 18-seater buses - which had been converted into a living space - a caravan and a horse trailer were also destroyed in the blaze which occurred at around 8.50pm yesterday.

Daily Echo:

Now the man, who has asked to remain anonymous, has been left to pick up the pieces.

"It's everything I own in there, all I've got now are literally the clothes I am wearing," he said.

"It hasn't sunk in yet, it was all a blur."

Daily Echo:

He added: "[I had gone out and when] I came back and I came to the buses were on fire."

Speaking to the Echo, the victim thinks it "was an electrical fault".

The fire raged for about an hour, he added.

Crews from Eastleigh, Winchester, Alresford and Fareham were in attendance.

Fire investigation teams are currently still on the scene.

Hampshire police has been contacted for comment.