EMERGENCY services have rushed to a fire at a doctors surgery in a Hampshire village.

At 12.37pm, fire fighters were called to a blaze at a doctors surgery on Brook Lane in Sarisbury Green.

The fire is said to have started in an electrical cupboard before spreading into the roof space which had already been evacuated.

Crews from Hightown, Fareham, St Mary’s, Cosham and Eastleigh were in attendance.

The blaze was eventually extinguished using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and covering jets before crews used tactical ventilation to remove smoke.

Fire fighters stepped down at 2.22pm.