A MAN fractured a woman’s jaw in two places and left her needing a metal plate fitted, a court heard.

Daniel Grzywaczewski answered his front door holding a baseball bat after inviting his victim to his Southampton home.

Prosecution barrister, Jennifer Gray, told how the 22-year-old punched her in the head and closed the door in her face.

But he then followed her down the street and punched her again.

Daily Echo: Daniel Grzywaczewski outside Southampton Crown Court.Daniel Grzywaczewski outside Southampton Crown Court.

His co-defendant, Mateusz Daszewski, 29, grabbed one of the woman’s friends and held her in a headlock so she “struggled to breathe”.

Grzywaczewski and Daszewski, both of Copeland Road, Southampton, then fled the scene.

Ms Gray said Grzywaczewski and his victim “had previously been friends and had in fact shared a house but there was some difficulty between the two of them, so Mr Grzywaczewski suggested she came to his house, and they discuss matters”.

However, when she arrived, he attacked her.

Daily Echo: Daszewski hides his face.Daszewski hides his face.

In a statement read out at Southampton Crown Court, Daszewski’s victim said she woke up with back pain.

Furthermore, she had difficulty eating solid food for days after the assault on March 14 last year

Her attacker competes as an MMA fighter based on his social media posts.

Appearing before Southampton Crown Court, Grzywaczewski was charged with GBH.

Meanwhile, Daszewski, 29, faced an allegation of ABH.

Daily Echo: Mateusz Daszewskiwept as he was sentenced.Mateusz Daszewskiwept as he was sentenced.

They both pleaded guilty at a previous court hearing.

However, Grzywaczewski, who has 13 convictions, told his offending manager his victim “deserved what she got”.

Defending, Berenice Mulvanny, argued that Grzywaczewski had not reoffended since.

Furthermore, he had been attending rehabilitation sessions.

Daniel Sawyer said Daszewski is a hardworking man currently working two jobs to provide accommodation for himself and his partner.

Judge Peter Henry jailed Grzywaczewski for 28 months.

Daszewski wept as he was handed an 18-month community order.

He must also complete 180 hours of unpaid work and pay £250 in compensation.