A woman who alleges she was sexually abused by her schoolteacher while she was a pupil has denied creating "scenarios" in her head.

Peter Morse's alleged victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told a jury she has "dealt with the damage and the trauma" caused by his actions "for over two decades".

Answering questions in front of the jury, the woman said the former Bitterne Park School teacher had “physically abused” her during her time at the school.

But Morse's defence argues one incident happened later in the year, once the complainant had left school, while others "simply didn’t happen".

READ MORE: Former Bitterne Park teacher performed sex acts on pupil, jury told

Morse, 51, of Providence Park, Southampton denies two charges of engaging in sexual activity while in a position of trust.

Southampton Crown Court previously heard about one incident in which Morse allegedly took the girl’s clothes off before performing sex acts on her.

On another occasion, he kissed her having told her it was “the most intimate thing you could do”.

But defending, Gemma White suggested this incident, which the woman said took place at night as it was "very dark", actually happened during the day in October, once the woman was no longer a student.

Daily Echo: Former Bitterne Park teacher Peter MorseFormer Bitterne Park teacher Peter Morse (Image: Solent News and Photo Agency)

On another occasion, the woman was speaking to another teacher who told her she had shared a kiss with Morse, jurors heard.

The alleged victim confirmed she was “broken-hearted” having previously explained she had a crush on the teacher, who was in his mid-twenties at the time.

But Ms White told her the incidents "simply didn’t happen and it is part of a fantasy you created".

"You have created scenarios in your head when you were a teenager fantasising over Mr Morse.

"In reality, they simply didn’t happen."

But the woman responded: "They happened.

"I have dealt with the damage and the trauma of that for over two decades."

When asked if she had contact with Mr Morse in the years following the alleged abuse, she said: "I think at that point the broken-heartedness and the feeling of how I felt internally had taken over.

"I buried stuff and I just tried to make things look quite normal."

The trial continues.