A teenager who had years of ‘violent fantasies’ attacked his stepfather despite him ‘shouting and screaming’ to stop, a court heard.

Vladimir Ivashikin started looking at violent content on ‘gore websites’ a year before he allegedly killed his stepfather, Barry Hounsome, a jury at Southampton Crown Court was told yesterday.

The 22-year-old denies murdering the university lecturer.

Mr Hounsome’s body was found lying behind the front door of the family home in Southcroft Road, Gosport, covered in seven bin bags.

A note allegedly written by Ivashikin saying 'I am so, so, so, so, sorry' was found on top of his body.

Ivashikin, who was 16 at the time of the offence in October 2018, told officers he started hearing voices before the attack.

But he admitted to a nurse in February 2022 he had 'fabricated' his symptoms.

The scene of the incident in Southcroft Road, GosportThe scene of the incident in Southcroft Road, Gosport (Image: Solent News Agency)

Consultant forensic psychiatrist Dr James Orsby told the jury of his meeting with the defendant in September 2022 following his admission.

He said Ivashikin told him there had been a “gradual build-up” to the offence.

Dr Orsby said: “The defendant told me he had violent fantasies from the ages of 11 and 12 when he started watching action films.

“About a year before the offence he started looking at violent content on the internet, and said he felt a rush of excitement at seeing it, after the initial shock.”

READ MORE: Teen cadet Googled 'could a drill go through your skull' before killing stepdad

He added that he experienced such ‘violent fantasies’ on the morning he attacked his stepfather.

“Ivashikin said he initiated the violence and his victim shouted and screamed, and he kept going until he stopped moving”, Dr Orsby said.

The defendant also told him that he told officers he heard voices as he “wanted to blame somebody else”.

He added: “He told me he wasn’t experiencing auditory hallucinations and that he had made up those experiences. He said he was happy he had been open about it.”

Dr Orsby confirmed he found no evidence of a personality disorder following his meeting with Ivashikin.

Following his arrest, Ivashikin pleaded not guilty to murder but instead pleaded guilty to manslaughter by diminished responsibility.

He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and was transferred to Ravenswood House Hospital in Fareham.

The trial continues.