THE FINAL moments of how a Southampton mum clung desperately onto a friend before she finally slipped from his grasp and plunged 100ft to her death have been revealed.

An inquest heard how Tracey Pancaldi desperately held onto Keith Cooper from the tenth floor of a city tower block begging for him not to let go.

Reading from Mr Cooper’s account of the tragic night DC Laura Dunsford explained how he had held on to Tracey for up to 20 minutes before he finally lost his grip.

She said: “He held her for about 15 to 20 minutes and was screaming for people to help.

“He could see her trying to get her feet on some railing and she was asking him to help her.

He said he would not let go of her. But he lost his grip.”

DC Dunsford added that during the course of the evening Tracey had to be talked off the balcony twice by Keith and his partner Amanda Griffin before she went on the balcony a third time and climbed over the railings.

Daily Echo: Click below to see a video of today's headlines in sixty seconds

Tracey’s family told the Daily Echo how the devoted mum had never got over the trauma of her eldest daughter Jade’s death.

It was in 2005 that the 18-year-old aspiring model and FHM High Street Honey, was found hanging from a tree near her home in Bitterne following a minor argument with her mum.

Following the death a mental health team assigned to Tracey said that she was at risk of self-harming when intoxicated which led to ‘morbid thoughts’, the inquest was told.

Southampton Coroner’s Court heard evidence that the mum of five from Bitterne had consumed a cocktail of drink and drugs before falling from Havre Towers in Weston during the early hours of August 16.

The court was told the results of a toxicology test revealing the 44-year-old had consumed a cocktail of alcohol, cocaine and anti-depressants in the hours before she fell.

Dr Brian Green, who carried out the post-mortem examination, said the amount of cocaine in Tracey’s body was “potentially toxic” and could have been enough to kill her regardless of the fall.

He said: “It was at a level where it would have interfered with her decision making and in particular her ability to walk.”

Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman said: “We shall never know precisely what was in her mind at the relevant time. She was under the influence of alcohol and cocaine at the time the event occurred.

“I’m not satisfied that there was any deliberate attempt to take her life. I shall record an open verdict because of all the uncertainties.”

Speaking to the Daily Echo after the inquest Tracey’s sister Cindy Wyse, 40, said: “Jade’s death had affected her very badly. They were best friends.

“She was making plans for the future and had talked about setting up a website to help parents whose children had committed suicide.”