CUP fighters Lymington Town marched into the second round of the Wessex League Cup last night with a battling 2-0 victory over Ordnance Survey at Southampton Road.

This time Lymington, who shocked Division 1 outfit Thatcham Town 3-1 in the FA Vase on Saturday, started as favourites against their Division 3 opponents.

But Town had to wait until the 55th minute to break the deadlock, John Bailey's pass was chested down by Danny Veal who took a touch before rifling the ball home from 18 yards.

Lymington's second came two minutes from time, a great cross from Kevin James was spilled by the Survey keeper and Steve Jenkin pounced for an easy finish.

"It was a very hard game and fair play to Ordnance who came here and set their stall out well and frustrated us," said Lymington manager John Pyatt.

Blackfield & Langley booked their place in round two after winning a nail-biting penalty shoot-out 4-3 against Division 3 opponents Otterbourne after extra time had seen the two sides still locked together at 2-2.

Tom Clifford slotted the Watersiders into an early lead only for Liam Houghton to equalise for the Otters after 20 minutes. Danny Keyworth then put the visitors in front eight minutes into overtime before Danny Mockeridge pulled it back to 2-2 with a thumping 35-yarder after 110 minutes.

Robbie Morant, Danny Homer, Glen Burnett and Mockeridge were the successful spot-kickers for Blackfield.

The two upsets of the evening saw Division 3 outfits Farnborough North End and Hayling United win away at their Division 2 hosts.

A David Aldridge penalty (15) and another strike by Danny Mortimer (85) saw Hayling United triumph 2-0 against East Cowes Vics and unbeaten Division 3 pacesetters Farnborough North End won 3-1 at Andover New Street.

Steve Lloyd latched onto Tinio Christie's through ball to give North End a fifth minute lead and then he nodded in their second on 17 minutes after Paul Xiberras had seen his header parried by the keeper.

Lee Belbin scrambled the ball in for the home side after 53 minutes but the visitors booked an away date with Romsey in the next round when Shaun Percy headed in a Rory Todd cross in the last minute.

Promotion-chasing Paulsgrove suffered their second defeat in three days despite taking an eighth minute lead at Alresford Town.

A Danny Kyle header and a Ryan Doyle free-kick put the home side ahead before half-time and another Kyle header plus a brace by Phil Anderson put them 5-1 up before Martin Whittaker converted a late penalty for Paulsgrove.

Winning doubles from Kerry Roberts and Wayne Kerr saw Amesbury Town home 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller with Micheldever who replied through John Malone (2) and Simon Peters.

A second-half hat-trick by Ashley Howard finally gave Horndean a 6-3 verdict against near neighbours AFC Portchester after their Division 3 opponents had led 2-1 and 3-2 in the second half.

Steve Warwick had opened the scoring for Horndean with a header, Aaron Fennemore then pulled it back to 3-3 and substitute Niall Bodin scored with his first touch to nudge Horndean 4-3 with Howard bagging their second and final two.

There was no banana skin for Petersfield Town who extended their unbeaten run to seven matches with a 3-0 win over SWL whipping boys Yateley Green.

Mark Glazier scored either side of half time for the Love Lane side and Barry Keogh pouched their third after 88 minutes.