AFC Popley 0 R and B Sports 3

THE division one title is now safely in the hands of Paul Hook's side R and B Sports.

They followed up a 3-0 Basing-stoke and District League win in midweek against Silchester, by beating the one club who might have caused them problems, AFC Popley.

R and B go into their final three league matches with a 100 per cent record but they were held up by the wind and an uneven pitch at Sherborne Road which left the first half goal-less.

Matt Button opened the scoring on 50 minutes with a volley after a James Satwick centre. R and B were always in control and they increased their lead on the hour when Toby Hyde turned his man and put Simon Nellor through.

Nellor was pulled back in the box and, from the penalty spot, Lee Berry made no mistake.

On Wednesday, R and B will play Lamb Inn at Brighton Hill and Lamb manager Nigel LeFlem is looking for a point which will give his side the second promotion place. His team will be at full strength.

R and B Sports 3 Silchester United 0

In their final game of the season, Silchester switched their players around, with 'keeper Mike Spiers playing up front and outfield player Graham Owen in goal.

The outcome was better than October's meeting with R and B when they crashed 8-0. The R and B goals came from John Alderton, Lee Berridge and Simon Nellor.

Tadley Town A 0 Oakley Athletic Res 2

This result has given fresh hope to the two promotion challengers in division two - Bramley United Reserves and Preston Candover - and tonight's Tadley-Bramley clash at the RecSoc, Aldermaston, will be the likely title decider.

On Saturday, Tadley manager Goff White had injury and illness problems and he is looking for a better turnout this evening when a victory will seal the league championship.

After 25 minutes, Ian Perryman headed Oakley in front.

Although Tadley were sluggish, Tom Hunkin, in the Oakley goal, kept his side in the game until injury forced him to be replaced by Nick Breeze.

Tadley were still unable to capitalise as a fine save stopped Greg Lambden equalising.

Perryman then scored his second and the frustration piled up for White.

Bramley United Res 4 Sherborne St John 2

This was a vital win for Bramley and now they must make sure they win against Tadley this evening or their promotion hopes go out of the window and they will finish third.

Bramley went ahead when a 30-yard shot from Steve Kinge was fumbled into the net by Saints' goalkeeper Alex Brown.

Kinge then laid on the chance for Colin Bell to make it 2-0 and, after 17 minutes, Bramley were 3-0 up after Bell scored again, this time from a Russell Bennett headed pass.

Sherborne hit back on 35 minutes through Mike Taylor and, after the break, Taylor scored again to give his Sherborne side hope.

However, on the hour, a corner from Dave Chillcott was headed on to the crossbar by James Wakes.

Russell Bennett snapped up the rebound to wrap up the points for Bramley.