Winchester City top gun Andy Forbes was consigned to the bench for the Sydenhams Wessex League match at Alton Town last night - just three days after he had completed a century of goals on his 70th club appearance.

"We dropped him because his scoring rate wasn't good enough!" joked secretary Ray Murphy as the league leaders celebrated a 5-2 win.

In Forbes's absence, 21-year-old Adam Rogers, pictured right, took on the role of destroyer-in-chief with his first senior hat-trick for the club.

With Michael Dean and Gary Green also on target, City were five up by the hour mark before Dave Bridger hit back with goals in the 74th and 82nd minutes.

Watching in the crowd was Alex Pike, whose Hamworthy United side visit City in the second round of the FA Vase on November 22.

Wearing women's underwear continues to bring the best out of Calvin Hore's Moneyfields side, who scored their first ever Wessex League win over Fareham Town at Copnor last night.

Sporting the thongs that got them featured on BBC1's Football Focus last Saturday, the Money men defeated their neighbours 2-1.

Gavin Jones put the home side ahead with a 15th-minute cross-shot that went in off the post via the despairing fingertips of goalkeeper Lee Webber.

Despite the best efforts of home keeper Peter Houkes, Fareham equalised amid a goalmouth scramble on 50 minutes, but Jon Gittens' men had a lucky escape soon after when Jones's free-kick struck one post, bounced along the line and hit the other before disappearing over the bar.

But Moneyfields had the last laugh when Webber was beaten by another cross-shot from Bickram Singh with five minutes remaining.

The victory was achieved with the help of two new signings from Bognor Regis - striker Matt Stillman and central midfielder David Wright.

Cowes Sports condemned Brockenhurst to their first league defeat since Graham Kemp took over at the Grigg Lane helm.

The Badgers - without unavailable skipper Paul White and injured duo Steve Jenkins and Alan Wright - went down 2-0 to goals by Phil McDonald and Sam Hart.

Kemp said: "I'm very, very disappointed. We've only got a small squad and having three players out proved that it's not deep enough. But we've got to take it on the chin and move on."

BAT are still flirting with danger near the foot of the table after having an early Dave Marden goal overturned in a 2-1 home defeat by Thatcham.

"We can't win a league game for love nor money at the moment," admitted manager Andy Leader, "but I can't fault the commitment, attitude and desire of my players."

Once again the injury jinx came back to haunt the Tobaccomen with Paul Hodder, Marden and Paul West all limping off and substitute Luke Gogan pulling a groin. "I've never known anything like it," sighed Leader.

Whitchurch are still propping up the table - a Justin Bennett hat-trick and a Paul Roffey own goal sentencing them to a 4-0 home defeat by Andover.

Church had to do a quick-change act after ten minutes because Andover's black and white striped shirts clashed with the red and white stripes of the home team.

The Wiltshire derby between Bemerton and Downton ended 2-2 at Western Way with both sides having a man sent off..

Harlequins boss Steve Slade was hopping mad after watching Mark Savage score the late equaliser from a free kick while Bemerton were still organising their wall.

"On every other occasion the referee had told us to wait until he'd blown his whistle, but he didn't blow this time," sighed Slade. "It's one of the grey areas of the game."

Jason Ahmet and Stuart Findlay had given Bemerton a 2-1 lead and Slade pointed out: "We've led in five of our last six games and haven't won any of them."