Fawley 1, Andover NS 5

BEATEN only once in their last seven matches, Andover New Street moved towards mid-table respectability in the Hants Premier after last Saturday's nap-hand drubbing of bottom club Fawley.

Pete Swinney continued his fine form of late to finish on the Street score sheet for the third game in a row and their other goals came from Bobby Swayne, Matt Styles, an og and a Nic Turpin penalty.

Street never looked back after racing into a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes with Swinney rifling in the first from a free kick and then Bobby Swayne thumping a spectacular 30-yarder into the top corner Styles made it 3-0 when heading home from a free kick by Antony Waters but Street sat back for a spell and Fawley pulled a goal back. However, it only proved to be a consolation as Street extended their lead to 4-1 five minutes later through an own goal.

Street continued to create chances in the second half but they had to wait until the penultimate minute before Turpin completed their nap hand from the penalty spot.

"Scoring the early goals made all the difference," summed up Street boss Gary Prince. "They were all quality goals but then everyone wanted to score. It helps having a settled team, the side is now playing with a bit of self belief and a lot more confidence. They now think they can go out and win."

Paul Reidy's Street Res at last had something to celebrate - their first points of the season in the JWL combination - after a goal from Matt Duke gave them a 1-0 home win against AFC TottonRes.

Andover NS (5-3-2): Tasker; Waters, Allen, Dunn, Keogh, Knight (capt); Swinney, Swayne, Vince; Styles, Turpin. Subs: Grocott (for Waters 80 mins), Burnell (for Vince 75 mins).

Stockbridge 1, Poole 2

Stockbridge lost a Hants Premier game they should have won when they took on old rivals Poole at the Recreation Ground last Saturday.

"We chucked it away!" moaned 'Bridge boss Barry Andrews. "It was so disappointing not to have got a result., we played really well and deserved to get something out of the game. They had only two chances but we gave them both their goals."

'Bridge were well worth their 20th minute lead at the break with Paul Atkins volleying them in from after Paul Barnard had headed the ball back across the face of the goal following a corner.

Even with just the one goal advantage 'Bridge always looked comfortable with Sean Sanders and Mark Butcher in total control of things in midfield, but they then shot themselves in the foot in the last 13 minutes as they handed Poole all three points with two defensive mistakes.

Earlier in the week 'Bridge beat high-flying Hants Second Division side DCFC from Salisbury 4-2 at home in the second round of the Trophyman League Cup with Andy Chainney on target twice from the penalty spot.

Chainney, who recently joined 'Bridge from Winchester City, had also scored a brace in his previous game and their other goals came from Sean Sanders and Paul Atkins. A goal up at the break, 'Bridge worked hard for their win against a DCFC side that liked to play a long-ball game.

Their direct styles gave 'Bridge a few problems but once the home side went to three at the back the result never looked in doubt and they ran out comfortable winners.

'Bridge will be holding a Sportsmen's Dinner on Friday, 22 November, in aid of club funds when former Saints manager Lawrie McMenemy will be the guest speaker. Former Saints stars Jimmy Case and Nick Holmes will also be attending and tickets, pried £40, are available from Barry Andrews on 07710 645261.

Stockbridge (5-4-1): Morris; Chainney, Barnard, Thomson, Winton, Smith; Atkins, Sean Sanders, Butcher, Curran; Paul Sanders. Subs: Sale (for Curran 70 mins), Andrews (not used), Hewitt (for Thomson 82 mins).