The Titanic Engineers' Memorial in East Park is Southampton's largest tribute to the disaster.

Erected in 1914, it pays respect to the men who worked below decks as the ship sank.

They toiled to keep the lights on as long as possible, sacrificing themselves in the process.

The memorial, which overlooks Above Bar and is opposite the city's cenotaph, was unveiled on April 22, 1914 in front of a crowd that was reported as being 100,000 strong - over 85 per cent of the town's population at the time.

The memorial was designed and built by Whitehead & Son of the Imperial Works, London and funded by international donations.