A 45-YEAR-OLD mother-of-two died after an Ecstasy overdose at a Hampshire music festival, an inquest heard.

Deborah Jeffery had been at the Boomtown Fair at the Matterley Bowl, near Winchester, last summer when she suffered a heart attack as a result of the drug.

Winchester Coroners’ Court heard how, despite the efforts of her partner to revive her, she later died at Southampton General Hospital on August 14.

Leon Lewis, who had lived with Ms Jeffery for eight years, told how they had been at the four-day event where Ms Jeffery had taken Ecstasy.

He said Ms Jeffery, of Fromond Road, Weeke, Winchester had been an occasional Ecstasy user, taking it once every six months, but had not suffered ill-effects before.

Toxicology revealed 1,144 micrograms of Ecstasy per litre of blood as well as 38 micrograms of cocaine per litre and 42 milligrams of alcohol per litre, which it was said may have also contributed.

The inquest heard that amounts as small as 600 micrograms of Ecstasy have previously resulted in death.

Deputy coroner for central Hampshire, Simon Burge, recording a verdict of misadventure, said: “There’s no such thing as a safe level of Ecstasy.”