A LITTLE boy who nearly died after he was scalded has inspired a £20,000 fundraising campaign.

Luca-Stan King was 16 months old when he climbed up on the toilet seat at his Ringwood home and turned on the tap, causing scalding water to burn his legs badly.

Doctors took skin from his scalp, back, stomach, sides and bottom to try to repair the damage.

Six days later he developed toxic shock syndrome and had to go into intensive care, with doctors telling his parents at one point that they had to expect the worst.

He survived, but he had to have a second round of skin grafts, and he had to relearn how to walk, and even how to eat after his feeding tube was removed.

Luca-Stan, who has just turned two, still has to wear a compression suit and have cream on his skin for several years.

Now his mum Lucie Seymour-Keith has launched a campaign to raise money for Bristol’s Frenchay Hospital, Salisbury District Hospital and Wiltshire Air Ambulance.

To donate, log on to lucastancharity.com.