BLACKFIELD & Langley will face Havant & Waterlooville in the Hampshire FA Senior Cup final at St Mary’s.

Glenn Howe’s Blackfield cast off their ‘underdogs’ tag to eclipse Southern League outfit Winchester City 1-0 at the Simplyhealth City Ground – Joe Butcher netting the 24th-minute winner.

Meanwhile, down at Westleigh Park, a Havant & Waterlooville squad packed with ex-AFC Bournemouth know-how overcame Cherries’ under-21s 2-0.

A top-class save by Bournemouth keeper Mark Travers kept out Brian Stock in the first half, but Lee Molyneaux’s finish from a corner made it 1-0 before former Cherries striker James Hayter punished his old club with a diving header.

It was a top night too for AFC Totton who rose to seventh in the Evo-Stik South West with a 1-0 win at North Leigh.

The Stags dominated but, with time running out, it looked as if they would live to regret a first-half penalty miss by Nathaniel Sherborne.

But, with North Leigh down to ten men following a second yellow for Anthony Simpson, Tony Lee played in Craig Feeney for an 89th-minute winner.

In the bottom-versus-top Evo-Stik South Premier clash, Gosport Borough lost 4-0 to Hereford in front of a 539 Privett Park crowd.

It leaves struggling Gosport four points adrift of relegation rivals Dunstable Town with just one game in hand.

Fawley AFC’s Sydenhams Wessex League Cup game against Hamble Club was waterlogged, but two other quarter-final ties went ahead.

AFC Portchester needed a late Liam Bush strike to see off Andover New Street at Wicor Rec, while holders Sholing blitzed Newport 6-1 on the Island to celebrate skipper Byron Mason’s 500th club appearance.

Port’s Aurele Beya wiped out Jamie Bulpitt’s opener for 1-1 at half-time, but the Boatmen ran riot after the break with Dan Mason’s goal sandwiched between a brace apiece for Alex Sawyer and Lee Wort.

There was another postponement at Amesbury Town where a burst pipe left Sydenhams League leaders Andover without a game.

Elsewhere, there was flooding of a different variety with Bemerton Heath Harlequins swamping Bournemouth Poppies 6-0 and Brockenhurst washing away bottom club Petersfield Town 6-1.

Two goals by Sam House and one from Nathan Hurst sealed Lymington Town’s 3-1 win over Team Solent. The Students hit the woodwork through Hisham Kasimu and Ethan Taylor, but had only a late Mitch Byrne strike for consolation.

Fareham Town twice came back from behind for a 3-2 win at Horndean, while ten-man Bashley recovered from 2-0 down to beat Cowes Sports 3-2. Hamworthy United won 3-1 at Baffins Milton Rovers to leapfrog Blackfield into second.

Third-placed AFC Stoneham defeated East Cowes Vics 3-2 in Wessex One through Jack Brady, John Coles and a Sergio Caballero penalty.

Lewis Beale struck twice as US Portsmouth beat Tadley Calleva 5-2, while the basement clash between Follands and Verwood ended 1-1.