THERE was no such thing as unlucky 13 for Sholing as they continued their dominance of the Sydenhams Premier Division with yet another win on Saturday.

Baffins Milton Rovers were the latest victims as the Boatmen made it 39 points out of 39 with a 3-1 Universal Stadium victory - their 14th straight win in all competitions.

Baffins might have upset the applecart on 33 minutes but Dale Mason headed a good chance wide.

That was enough to jolt the Boatmen to life and, just minute later, they took the lead when, from Marvin McLean’s run and cross, Dan Mason’s shot was blocked and fell to Lee Wort to hammer home from ten yards.

With Sholing in control, Dan Miller had a header cleared off the line before, on 50 minutes, master marksman Mason struck.

A scruffy one it was too, with Cameron Scott’s attempted clearance hitting Mason on the side of the face and looping back over the Baffins keeper.

After a lull in proceedings the game burst to life again with Jason Parish firing wide for the Portsmouth visitors.

Again Sholing mustered an instant response and this time Mason’s 30th goal of the season had quality stamped all over it.

McLean beat the right back and slipped a reverse pass into the area for Ryan Mackney. He cut it back to Mason, who made space out of nothing and beat Cameron with a powerful shot into the top corner.

Scott saved well from Jake Hoole’s lob to prevent a fourth Sholing goal and, two minutes later, Parish grabbed a consolation effort for Baffins with an angled shot that beat Gosney at his near post.

A large cheer went up from the Sholing Ultras when Owen Royl came off the bench in the 89th minute for his 100th Boatmen’s appearance.

Sholing boss Dave Diaper said: “We had to be at our best to get the three points. Give credit to Baffins who were a very decent side who impressed me with their discipline and work ethic.

“There are fine margins in football and the game could have been different if they’d taken their chances but, that said, I must applaud my players who worked hard to stay on top, especially in the second half, and deservedly get the three points.”

Tomorrow Sholing visit US Portsmouth in the Hampshire Senior Cup third round (7.45pm).

Their next league assignment is a tough one, at home to high-riding Horndean on Saturday (3pm).

The Deans slipped from second to third on Saturday, held 1-1 at Bashley.

After a goalless first half, Horndean’s Harry Jackson broke the deadlock with a shot into the top corner.

Two minutes later the Deans were awarded a penalty when a sharp cross hit Brad Strickland’s hand. It was somewhat harsh on Bash, but keeper Jason Collins made amends, diving low to his right to keep out Jack Maloney’s spot kick.

That proved a game changer. Stung into action, Bash upped their game and bossed the final 25 minutes. Their domination paid off on 90 minutes when Sam Jackson picked out goal poacher Dan Munday to strike from close range.

Deans boss Michael Birmingham was far from impressed, branding his side's performance: “Bone idle and lazy.”

Leapfrogging Horndean into second spot were Portland United who had two-goal Jamie Symes to thank for edging Team Solent 2-1.

The Students led through a 19th-minute Samuel Koroma goal which was cancelled out by Symes towards the end of the first half.

With time running out, Symes won it from the penalty spot after Darren Watts had been felled.

Christos Papakonstantinou made a winning debut for Brockenhurst on a dual signing from AFC Totton.

The Badgers had two Jude Nwachukwu goals to thank for beating Alresford Town 2-0 in the Sydenhams Premier Division.

Goalkeeper Luke Deacon was another Brock hero, saving Sam Burt’s penalty at 1-0.

To add to Alresford’s woes, they had defender Luke Dempsey sent off on 75 minutes.

River Smith got Bournemouth Poppies off to a dream start with a second-minute opener against Lymington Town.

Jake King pulled Lymo level with a header from a corner before Chris Speers nodded in on 61 minutes for a 2-1 Poppies win.

Mike Turvey was here, there and everywhere as fourth-placed AFC Portchester saw off Shaftesbury 3-1.

Man-of-the-match Turvey scored the Royals’ second goal, set up the others for Joel Jackson and Billy Connor and hit the woodwork into the bargain. Aaron White replied.

Fareham Town ended their losing streak with a 2-2 home draw against Andover New Street, but will be kicking themselves for not banking all three points.

Having raced 2-0 up inside 12 minutes through Curt Robbins and Simon Woods, the Reds were pegged back by a Callum Sweeney brace – the second a 78th-minute penalty.

Harry Davies gave Hamble Club the lead at Tadley Calleva, but Shaun Dallimore and Andrew Charsley turned the contest 2-1 in the home side’s favour.

Bemerton (Jordan Matthews, Scott Hassell) saw off Cowes Sports (Jez Conway) 2-1, while Hamworthy United triumphed 4-1 at Christchurch thanks to Luke Stone (2), Dan Cann and sub Mickey Finch.