SAINTS striker Marcus Barnes impressed on his Eastleigh debut a few hours after his loan move to the Silverlake Stadium was revealed.

The 22-year-old, who made his Saints first-team debut in the FA Cup tie against Derby County in January, came on as a 78th-minute replacement for goalscorer Ben Williamson as Eastleigh won their third match of the season in the National League.

AFC Bournemouth right-back Charlie Seaman also made his debut after his three-month loan was agreed on Monday.

Williamson gave Eastleigh a seventh-minute lead from Tyrone Barnett’s through ball.

And captain Danny Hollands’ looping header in a crowded penalty area, from a Jack Payne corner, doubled the home side’s lead in the 54th minute.

A diving header from Williamson nearly doubled Eastleigh’s lead shortly after his opener and Eastleigh were grateful to a brilliant reaction save from Max Stryjek midway through the second half (the rebound was put over the bar by Ricky Shakes).

The visitors finished with ten men after Tom Champion was sent off for a second booking for a high challenge on Scott Rendell in injury time.

Eastleigh have leapfrogged Boreham Wood into 13th place in the National League and are away to second-from-bottom Ebbsfleet United on Saturday.

Eastleigh assistant manager Jason Bristow said: “We deserved it. The manner of Saturday’s defeat (2-1 at Barnet) was tough to take but this was a disciplined performance and one of quality at times.

“There were a few moments where we need to be better and we rode out luck once or twice.

“But everyone stepped up. I’m delighted with the performance of everyone and our performances over the season have deserved more.”

Williamson’s goal was his first of the season.

Bristow added: “Willo deserved that goal, not just for tonight’s performance but the way he has played all season.

“Charlie also did great. The squad needed a bit of help with all the injuries we’ve had and he adapted well to the way we play and put some fantastic crosses in.”

Winchester City will host Taunton Town in the FA Cup’s first qualifying round on Saturday after winning their preliminary round replay 3-1 at AFC Stoneham last night. Oli Bailey and Ollie Griggs both scored after Rob Carr was sent off early on.