A RECORD number of supporters turned out to watch Saints Women sweep aside AFC Bournemouth in spectacular fashion.

Marieanne Spacey-Cale’s side cruised to a 7-1 Hampshire Cup victory at Totton’s Snows Stadium in front of 832 fans.

Goals from Sophia Pharoah, Rachel Panting, Shannon Albuery, Shannon Sievwright and Caitlin Morris sent Saints Women into the third round of the competition.

The 832 supporters didn’t have to wait long to witness Pharoah’s finish, as she took full advantage of a poor clearance to rifle home from 12 yards out.

Defender Alisha Ware surged forward down the wing, eventually picking out Panting with an excellent cross into the box.

The striker then matched the pin-point delivery with a strike to match, with her volley leaving the Bournemouth goalkeeper no chance.

Saints’ opponents spent most of the early exchanges under pressure but responded with chances of their own.

Both of these fell to Rebecca Miller, who failed to take advantage of the chances that came her way.

Spacey-Cale’s side continued to assert their dominance and should have added a third before half time.

Ella Morris whipped in a teasing cross that went straight across the face of goal, only for it to miss Phoebe Williams by a whisker.

After seeing an opportunity go to waste prior to the break, Saints made up for it with a goal in the 47th minute.

It was another cross that caused the Bournemouth defence a host of problems and, this time, Albuery was on hand to slot home with ease.

The visitors gave themselves a glimmer of hope when a shot deflected off Kelly Fripp and past Sara Luce in goal.

This proved to spur Saints on, with Panting bagging her second of the match just before the hour mark.

Bournemouth’s misery was compounded when Sievwright netted a stunning brace which saw both goals come from outside the box.

Sievwright’s first looped over the Bournemouth goalkeeper in spectacular fashion, before she went one better and drilled a shot into the top corner from 20 yards out.

Having made it six, the Saints playmaker then set up Morris, who rounded off a comfortable afternoon in front of the record-breaking crowd with a headed goal.