MICHAEL Obafemi fired in a last-minute equaliser to earn Saints a 2-2 draw against Manchester United.

Stuart Armstrong sent the visitors ahead in the first half, only for Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial to hit a quick-fire double.

But Saints were able to stretch their unbeaten run to four when Obafemi arrived at the back post to turn in a James Ward-Prowse corner.

Ralph Hasenhuttl picked the same starting XI for the third Premier League match in a row.

The Austrian kept faith with the players that pulled off a famous win against Man City before earning a draw away to Everton at Goodison Park.

Defender Jannik Vestergaard was back on the bench for Old Trafford after recovering from a minor injury.

Saints started brightly but it was the hosts who had the first opportunity.

Ward-Prowse’s touch took the ball away from him and into Martial’s path, leaving the forward a free run on goal.

Martial’s shot, however, was met by a solid save from goalkeeper Alex McCarthy.

Saints responded to this in emphatic fashion, though, and took the lead in the 12th minute.

Danny Ings nicked the ball off Paul Pogba just outside the penalty area before feeding it to Nathan Redmond.

Redmond then noticed the unmarked Armstrong at the far post, with the Scottish international taking a touch and blasting it past David De Gea.

United thought they’d equalised in the 16th minute when ex-Saint Luke Shaw slipped a pass through to Rashford.

Rashford slotted his strike past McCarthy but the flag went up for offside.

The England forward didn’t have to wait long to hit the back of the net again – and this time the linesman stayed quiet.

Pogba passed to Martial before the striker dragged it into Rashford’s path, who then pummelled his shot into the far corner in the 20th minute.

Not wanting to be outdone by his United teammate, Martial then gave his side the lead 180 seconds later.

He cut inside from the left, charged at Kyle Walker-Peters and curled his strike past McCarthy and into the roof of the net.

Saints managed to compose themselves following the quick-fire double and started playing football again.

They spent most of the first half camped inside their half but were able to send the hosts a timely reminder that there were two teams on the pitch.

A succession of Ward-Prowse corners were cleared away before Redmond’s cute pass was just too far in front of Ings.

Saints went in search of an equaliser after the break and almost found one in the 49th minute.

Armstrong sprayed the ball out to Redmond before the winger went in search of De Gea’s bottom corner.

However, the 26-year-old’s strike drifted narrowly wide of the post.

United then went up the other end of the Old Trafford pitch and close to extending their lead but McCarthy was able to deny Rashford bagging his second of the match.

The striker came close again moments later when his shot from distance caught Saints out and rippled the side netting.

Going in search of an equaliser, Hasenhuttl took both Che Adams and Armstrong off, replacing them with Shane Long and Will Smallbone.

Smallbone came close to making an immediate impact with a cross towards the near post and the lurking Ings.

But Victor Lindelof was able to turn his centre out for a corner to prevent Saints’ ace receiving a golden opportunity to equalise.

Fellow substitute Long had to stay patient before being presented with half a chance to equalise in the 81st minute.

The striker directed his header on target but had it saved by De Gea.

Redmond was the next player to come close to netting an equaliser, forcing the United goalkeeper into a brilliant save.

The winger drifted in from the wing, made his way into the box, and then tried placing his strike into the far corner, only for the Spaniard to match his effort with a fine stop.

United were forced to see the game out with 10 men after a collision between Walker-Peters and Brandon Williams led to the youngster needing medical attention for a nasty cut.

Hasenhuttl’s side took full advantage of the extra man in the final minute of the match when Obafemi turned the ball home from a Ward-Prowse corner.