GOALS from Nathan Tella, Nathan Redmond and Stuart Armstrong meant Saints ended their pre-season trip to Wales with a victory.

Mohammed Salisu’s own goal had put Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side behind at Swansea City, but Saints roared back to seal a 3-1 triumph at Liberty Stadium.

The south coast side once again used a number of different options, as they look to get ready for their Premier League opener at Everton on August 14.

Saints were once again without skipper James Ward-Prowse in their squad for the clash against the Swans due to injury.

The England international, a subject of a rejected £25million bid from Aston Villa, was however present in the travelling party with Hasenhuttl’s men.

Moussa Djenepo was included at left-back after scoring in Tuesday’s 4-0 victory over Cardiff. There was also a spot for frontman Che Adams after his two-goal salvo off the bench in midweek.

Swansea had interim boss Alan Tate in charge following Steve Cooper leaving the club earlier in July.

MK Dons had revealed the Welsh side had asked to speak with their manager Russell Martin.

It was Djenepo who fired the first shot on goal after just five minutes.

After combining for a short-corner routine with Redmond, the Malian drilled an effort from 25 yards which was comfortably gathered by home keeper Steven Benda.

Another corner routine then almost had Saints in front. After Redmond and Kyle Walker-Peters played a one-two, the winger crossed for stand-in skipper Oriol Romeu. His header was tipped wide of the post.

But it was the hosts who took the lead on 15 minutes in bizarre fashion.

Liam Cullen’s dangerous cross was diverted into his own net by Salisu – the Ghanaian shanking the ball past a helpless Alex McCarthy when trying to clear.

But virtually straight from kick-off Saints restored parity. Che Adams picked a pass to set winger Tella in on goal, the former Arsenal youngster smashed the ball through the legs of Benda to level the scores.

Hasenhuttl’s side then gained the advantage after incisive work from Redmond. His driving run allowed him to play a give-and-go with Djenepo, with the makeshift full-back’s pass was perfect for the former Norwich man to tuck into the bottom corner.

Saints could have extended their advantage before the interval.

Djenepo again got forward to cross for Shane Long, but the Republic of Ireland striker’s volley was blocked by a covering defender.

Hasenhuttl’s men continued to threaten in the early stages after the break.

Space opened up for Adams to try his luck from range but the Scotland striker’s daisy-cutter was dragged just wide of the post.

But the visitors were then given a let-off on 55 minutes. Keeper McCarthy dithered in possession and lost the ball to Dan Williams – Cullen’s effort was blocked for a corner.

Saints added a third moments later, however. Armstrong spotted the run of Long down the right and after the striker’s cross, the Scotland midfielder received the ball back to drill into the corner.

Hasenhuttl then made seven changes on the hour mark, introducing the likes of Danny Ings and Romain Perraud.

Youngster Ryan Finnigan was then brought on in place of Armstrong with just more than 15 minutes remaining.

Mohamed Elyounoussi struck at goal with 10 minutes left but was denied by a diving stop from Benda.

Saints: McCarthy, Walker-Peters (Valery, 60), Bednarek (Olufunwa, 82), Salisu (Stephens, 60), Djenepo (Perraud, 60), Romeu (Diallo, h-t), Armstrong (Finnigan, 73), Tella (Elyounoussi, 60), Redmond (Walcott, 60), Adams (Ings, 60), Long (Obafemi, 60). Unused subs: Forster (g/k), Lewis (g/k).

Referee: Bryn Markham Jones

Attendance: 5,091.