ALRESFORD Town will visit Wimborne in a battle of the Magpies in the FA Cup preliminary round on Saturday week (August 20).

Richard Luffman’s men came through a big test 2-1 at Bridport on Saturday with goals from Tom Sands and Craig Harding.

Alresford trailed to a Dan Peach goal after 14 minutes, but were back on terms seven minutes later when Sands beat the 'keeper to a long ball and lobbed him from 18 yards.

Chances followed at both ends, including a 53rd-minute penalty for the Sydenhams Premier visitors. Chris Mason took it, but the Bridport 'keeper Jason Hutchings saved.

Town's winner arrived just after the hour when Harding rounded off a neat build-up with a sweeping finish.

Alresford, who have signed defender Harry Davies from Fleet Town, tomorrow (Tuesday) travel to Andover Town in the Sydenhams Premier Division.

Andover are also through to the FA Cup preliminary round courtesy of a 5-2 home win over Royal Wootton Bassett.

John Robson's Portway crew led midway through the first half when Danny Urry chipped through for youngster Adam Grange to calmly slot home.

Ten minutes later Craig Blakeman and Craig Stanley rattled in two quickfire goals to give Andover a 3-0 half-time lead.

Town struck again after the break when Chris Onoufriou netted from the penalty spot after Grange had been fouled in the box.

The Hellenic Premier visitors hit back twice through Aliowie Diouf, but Liam Gilbert’s penalty on 85 minutes ended all hope of a RWB comeback.

Andover face a trip to Surrey-based Spelthorne Sports in the preliminary round.

Last season’s Wessex FA Cup heroes Brockenhurst are safely through after overcoming Laverstock & Ford 2-1 at Grigg Lane.

Ryan Long was the hero of the hour, scoring both Badgers’ goals.

Long converted the first chance of the game, beating L&F keeper Lee Newman-Judd to a long ball forward.

Laverstock replied courtesy of former Bemerton man Graham Mankin and had a goal ruled out early in the second half.

But it was Brock who booked a trip to either Lymington Town or Hamworthy United with Long’s second of the game.

They might have had a third but Mark Barker missed a penalty.