A WOMAN was attacked in her own home after a long-running feud with her boyfriend’s ex-partner, a court was told.

The victim was kneed in the face before being kicked as she lay on the floor - and was so upset by the incident that she moved house.

Her assailant, Jade Ralph, also assaulted a police officer who arrested her, Southampton Crown Court was told.

Kirsty Day, prosecuting, said the incidents occurred in May last year.

After arriving at the other woman’s home the defendant grabbed her hair, kneed her in the face and kicked her on the floor as she tried to protect herself, the court heard.

Ms Day said the victim’s face was left bruised and swollen.

She described the ill-feeling that existed between the two women as a feud, adding: “This was a matter which had been brewing for some time.”

In a personal impact statement the victim added: “Ever since this happened I have felt vulnerable.

“I feel scared all the time. We have moved house to get away (from Ralph). My children have had to change schools and miss their friends.”

Laura Deuxberry, mitigating, said the victim’s former partner was her client’s current partner, but denied the assault was planned. She added that Ralph returned later that day and apologised.

“The defendant is deeply ashamed and determined that she’s not going to be before these courts ever again.”

Referring to the incident involving the police officer Ms Deuxberry said someone else was arrested at the same time. The defendant felt the other person was being wrongfully detained and panicked.

Ralph, 33, of Fullerton Close, Southampton, had previously pleaded guilty to assaulting an emergency worker as well as assault causing actual bodily harm.

Judge Gary Burrell told her: “What you did was quite dreadful.

“You set about her, causing bruises that are not very pleasant to look at in the photographs. It happened in her own home and children were upstairs.”

Ralph was given an eight-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, and a two-year restraining order prohibiting her from having any contact with her victim.

The defendant was also told to complete 150 hours of unpaid work and pay the other woman £250 compensation.