Classic cars are geared up for New Forest event

Daily Echo: Classic cars are geared up for New Forest event Classic cars are geared up for New Forest event

CLASSIC cars will be taking to the roads around the New Forest this month. The cars will assemble at the Empress of Blandings car park at Copythorne before setting off at 10am on Sunday, April 27.

“Everyone with a classic car is welcome to join. This event is designed to raise public awareness of classic cars and is sponsored by the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs,” said Michael Eatough of the Austin A30/A35 Owners Club Southampton and New Forest Group.

He added: “We have a thriving group of enthusiastic owners and we particularly want to attract new young members with or without a car.”

The club’s next meeting will be on May 8 at the Empress of Blandings and it starts at 7.45pm.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:28am Thu 17 Apr 14

From the sidelines says...

Watch out for the Nimbys putting tacks on the road. Some of the owners of these classic cars might not be local, so should be discouraged.

Working forest, for working people, we'll have no trouble here....
Watch out for the Nimbys putting tacks on the road. Some of the owners of these classic cars might not be local, so should be discouraged. Working forest, for working people, we'll have no trouble here.... From the sidelines
  • Score: 2

11:43am Thu 17 Apr 14

Torchie1 says...

From the sidelines wrote:
Watch out for the Nimbys putting tacks on the road. Some of the owners of these classic cars might not be local, so should be discouraged.

Working forest, for working people, we'll have no trouble here....
If you ever bother to check your tyres closely you occasionally find a screw or a nail slowly wearing away in the tread. Unless someone drives with very bald tyres a drawing pin or a tack won't penetrate which probably accounts for tacks and drawing pins being the choice of those with youthful high spirits that live in the forest.
[quote][p][bold]From the sidelines[/bold] wrote: Watch out for the Nimbys putting tacks on the road. Some of the owners of these classic cars might not be local, so should be discouraged. Working forest, for working people, we'll have no trouble here....[/p][/quote]If you ever bother to check your tyres closely you occasionally find a screw or a nail slowly wearing away in the tread. Unless someone drives with very bald tyres a drawing pin or a tack won't penetrate which probably accounts for tacks and drawing pins being the choice of those with youthful high spirits that live in the forest. Torchie1
  • Score: -2

1:11pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Drhysted says...

I feel the need to ask where was the poster about "abusing the tranquility of the New Forest here".

Actions of Ann need to be fair.
I feel the need to ask where was the poster about "abusing the tranquility of the New Forest here". Actions of Ann need to be fair. Drhysted
  • Score: 2

1:31pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Franks Tank says...

Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads.
Outrageous.
Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads. Outrageous. Franks Tank
  • Score: 2

2:55pm Thu 17 Apr 14

RomseyKeith says...

A bunch of noisy, air polluting classic cars in tearing through the Forest, and yet no posters or nails on the road to ward against this event, eh? Why is that level of vitriollic hate reserved for the cyclists then? (A quiet, non-polluting form of transport).
A bunch of noisy, air polluting classic cars in tearing through the Forest, and yet no posters or nails on the road to ward against this event, eh? Why is that level of vitriollic hate reserved for the cyclists then? (A quiet, non-polluting form of transport). RomseyKeith
  • Score: 1

4:40pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Torchie1 says...

Franks Tank wrote:
Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads.
Outrageous.
I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight.
[quote][p][bold]Franks Tank[/bold] wrote: Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads. Outrageous.[/p][/quote]I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight. Torchie1
  • Score: 0

7:48pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Franks Tank says...

Torchie1 wrote:
Franks Tank wrote:
Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads.
Outrageous.
I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight.
I hope they'll pull over to let faster cars past. It's a working forest don't you know?
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Franks Tank[/bold] wrote: Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads. Outrageous.[/p][/quote]I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight.[/p][/quote]I hope they'll pull over to let faster cars past. It's a working forest don't you know? Franks Tank
  • Score: 2

12:16am Fri 18 Apr 14

Torchie1 says...

Franks Tank wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
Franks Tank wrote:
Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads.
Outrageous.
I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight.
I hope they'll pull over to let faster cars past. It's a working forest don't you know?
With the benefit of a rear view mirror and the advantage of training and a licence, but devoid of a sense of persecution and paranoia, I'm sure that they will.
[quote][p][bold]Franks Tank[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Franks Tank[/bold] wrote: Them classic cars don't even pay "ROAD TAX" to us our roads. Outrageous.[/p][/quote]I hope no-one mentions that they don't need MOTs and the Insurance costs peanuts or you won't sleep tonight.[/p][/quote]I hope they'll pull over to let faster cars past. It's a working forest don't you know?[/p][/quote]With the benefit of a rear view mirror and the advantage of training and a licence, but devoid of a sense of persecution and paranoia, I'm sure that they will. Torchie1
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree