Paramedics and fire service called to Romsey Rapids

999 alert at swmming pool after worker inhales toxic chlorine

999 alert at swmming pool after worker inhales toxic chlorine

First published in News
Last updated

A MAINTENANCE worker at a Hampshire swimming pool had to be treated by paramedics last night after inhaling toxic chlorine.

The victim suffered a slight reaction when he and colleagues were preparing chlorine to put into the water at Romsey Rapids.

He was able to get out of the building and was treated by paramedics but did not need to go to hospital.

Firefighters from Southampton's Redbridge station also attended the incident, using their air monitoring equipment to ensure it was safe to enter the building.

They were at the scene for about 90 minutes.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:15am Fri 25 Apr 14

SouthamptonLegend says...

Slow news day?
Slow news day? SouthamptonLegend
  • Score: 0

2:50pm Fri 25 Apr 14

southy says...

lucky man
lucky man southy
  • Score: 0

10:15am Sat 26 Apr 14

andysaints007 says...

SouthamptonLegend wrote:
Slow news day?
My god you really are a boring individual
[quote][p][bold]SouthamptonLegend[/bold] wrote: Slow news day?[/p][/quote]My god you really are a boring individual andysaints007
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree