Former Chamberlayne headteacher Richard Hilary says sex assault claims are "completely wrong"

Former headteacher Richard Hilary

Richard Hilary pictured during his teaching career

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Education Reporter

A FORMER headteacher has described as “absolutely reprehensible” the suggestion that he lied to police about his alleged involvement with a schoolgirl.

Richard Hilary told Winchester Crown Court that the girl’s allegations that he sexually assaulted her when she was 15 were “completely wrong”.

Jurors heard that during his police interview Hilary’s account was that he has couldn’t even remember talking to the girl.

However, taking the stand in his own defence he said that there had been occasions where the pair had met, after she had left school, including one at Farley Mount near Winchester, where they had kissed in his car and he had touched her over her clothing.

This morning Hilary was asked by prosecutor Matthew Jewell to explain why he never mentioned that meeting to police, suggesting it was an attempt to imply the girl was confused over what happened and when.

Hilary said he had been focussing on the allegations that were being put to him at a specific point in time and his encounter in the car park with the girl when she was over the age of consent, did not enter his head.

Asked why he had ever met the girl at the beauty spot Hilary said: “I think I was flattered, it was a huge mistake. It was madness, I am well aware of that now. I am fighting for my life, my whole teaching career. I am fighting for my existence.”

He was also unable to offer any explanation for how the girl would know details of where he lived at the time or the layout of his bedroom, emphatically denying she had ever been in his home as she had claimed in her evidence.

Hilary, 63, was shown diary entries in which the girl kept accounts of their alleged meetings which he also denied ever happening.

The court had heard how he had been a PE teacher at Winchester’s Montgomery and Alamein school before teaching in Farnborough and then going on to become headteacher at Chamberlayne Park in Southampton, formerly known as Weston Park Girls School.

Hilary of Northend Lane, Droxford denies three counts of indecent assault between December 1977 and December 1979.

>>>>>For further coverage from the case click here<<<<<

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:24pm Thu 22 May 14

solomum says...

So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.
So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion. solomum
  • Score: -9

4:29pm Thu 22 May 14

Superchick says...

solomum wrote:
So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.
Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service Superchick
  • Score: 11

4:33pm Thu 22 May 14

Deirdre39 says...

He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous Deirdre39
  • Score: 14

4:33pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

He is the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet the fact is he made a mistake and having been in his office on countless occasions as well as plenty of other people that I know and NOTHING happened its stupid these allegations are being bought to light NOT GUILTY I hope that's the verdict!!
He is the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet the fact is he made a mistake and having been in his office on countless occasions as well as plenty of other people that I know and NOTHING happened its stupid these allegations are being bought to light NOT GUILTY I hope that's the verdict!! Kirsty666
  • Score: 8

4:35pm Thu 22 May 14

solomum says...

Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?
[quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place? solomum
  • Score: 0

4:38pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

solomum wrote:
Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?
Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him !
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?[/p][/quote]Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him ! Kirsty666
  • Score: 4

4:39pm Thu 22 May 14

solomum says...

Superchick wrote:
solomum wrote:
So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.
Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service
That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance.
[quote][p][bold]Superchick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service[/p][/quote]That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance. solomum
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

solomum wrote:
Superchick wrote:
solomum wrote:
So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.
Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service
That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance.
Guilty or not I bet you'd lie to police under pressure!
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Superchick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service[/p][/quote]That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance.[/p][/quote]Guilty or not I bet you'd lie to police under pressure! Kirsty666
  • Score: 0

4:43pm Thu 22 May 14

Deirdre39 says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?
Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him !
Exactly, come on, we are talking over 35 years ago, but please, all I am saying is please don't make ridiculous comments as to his guilt when you have absolutely no basis for them.
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?[/p][/quote]Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him ![/p][/quote]Exactly, come on, we are talking over 35 years ago, but please, all I am saying is please don't make ridiculous comments as to his guilt when you have absolutely no basis for them. Deirdre39
  • Score: 5

4:45pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

Deirdre39 wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?
Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him !
Exactly, come on, we are talking over 35 years ago, but please, all I am saying is please don't make ridiculous comments as to his guilt when you have absolutely no basis for them.
To be fair if you don't know him DONT COMMENT!!
[quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]If he has no guilt, then why lie in the first place?[/p][/quote]Can you remember every conversation you have ever had in your life word for word? NO is likely the answer I as well as over 1000 other people stand by him ![/p][/quote]Exactly, come on, we are talking over 35 years ago, but please, all I am saying is please don't make ridiculous comments as to his guilt when you have absolutely no basis for them.[/p][/quote]To be fair if you don't know him DONT COMMENT!! Kirsty666
  • Score: 4

4:46pm Thu 22 May 14

Superchick says...

solomum wrote:
Superchick wrote:
solomum wrote:
So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.
Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service
That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance.
Theres many possible explanations as to y. Maybe he panicked at the thought of his marriage could be jeopardised as it does state that he was newly married. Perhaps this was an extramarital relationship. Maybe he had genuinely forgotton about the lady in question and had spent a bit of time thinking back. I for one cannot rememeber every person I hav come across or every event in my youth. Theres all sorts of possibilites. If this lady was genuinely being abused do u believe her accounts of the events where she says they met on more than one occasion. Surely she would hav been petrified and would never put herself in his company again.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Superchick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: So he has changed his story from what he said in the police interview which was he does not recall ever talking to her, to admitting they met up. The very fact he has lied would lead to a guilty verdict in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Well if thats the basis of your guilty verdict i hope u never be called for jury service[/p][/quote]That is why there are 12 people on jury service, so that one person alone does not make the ultimate decision. Only he and the alleged victim know if he is guilty, but if someone has no guilt, they surely would not feel the need to lie in the first instance.[/p][/quote]Theres many possible explanations as to y. Maybe he panicked at the thought of his marriage could be jeopardised as it does state that he was newly married. Perhaps this was an extramarital relationship. Maybe he had genuinely forgotton about the lady in question and had spent a bit of time thinking back. I for one cannot rememeber every person I hav come across or every event in my youth. Theres all sorts of possibilites. If this lady was genuinely being abused do u believe her accounts of the events where she says they met on more than one occasion. Surely she would hav been petrified and would never put herself in his company again. Superchick
  • Score: 8

4:48pm Thu 22 May 14

snipershaun says...

Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary.
Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary. snipershaun
  • Score: 9

4:52pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

snipershaun wrote:
Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary.
I had him as a head teacher and amazing guy always in his office for one thing or another never felt uncomfortable at all true gent!
[quote][p][bold]snipershaun[/bold] wrote: Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary.[/p][/quote]I had him as a head teacher and amazing guy always in his office for one thing or another never felt uncomfortable at all true gent! Kirsty666
  • Score: 7

4:53pm Thu 22 May 14

jolamb81 says...

In regards to the mr hilary case........a group was set up on facebook yesterday to support mr hilary & his family through this traumatic time. The group has now reached 1131 members who have all shared there dealings with mr hilary during there time at weston park girls/chamberlayne park school. I have been reading alot of the comments & not one bad word has been said about mr hillary. He was an inspiration to us all whether you were good or bad at school. The school really did go down hill after he left. He was very respected by girls & boys. Teachers these days have no patience with kids we need more mr hilary's in our schools. I was very shocked to read this story in the echo.
In regards to the mr hilary case........a group was set up on facebook yesterday to support mr hilary & his family through this traumatic time. The group has now reached 1131 members who have all shared there dealings with mr hilary during there time at weston park girls/chamberlayne park school. I have been reading alot of the comments & not one bad word has been said about mr hillary. He was an inspiration to us all whether you were good or bad at school. The school really did go down hill after he left. He was very respected by girls & boys. Teachers these days have no patience with kids we need more mr hilary's in our schools. I was very shocked to read this story in the echo. jolamb81
  • Score: 10

5:01pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

The problem is the DE don't want to hear our views on him being a fab bloke they just want to ruin his AMAZING reputation as does the alleged victim BULL SH1T comes to mind!!!
The problem is the DE don't want to hear our views on him being a fab bloke they just want to ruin his AMAZING reputation as does the alleged victim BULL SH1T comes to mind!!! Kirsty666
  • Score: 6

5:08pm Thu 22 May 14

solomum says...

Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail. solomum
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school. Kirsty666
  • Score: 5

5:22pm Thu 22 May 14

Missdoyle says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.[/p][/quote]I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps Missdoyle
  • Score: -1

5:23pm Thu 22 May 14

Missdoyle says...

snipershaun wrote:
Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary.
So if your daughter was meeting up with her teacher you would be happy
[quote][p][bold]snipershaun[/bold] wrote: Hilary is not guilty of doing any sort of sexual contact, it said they met up a few times, yeah could've been just a cuddle or something. I personally don't think he had any interest to do anything. He has a group on facebook with over 1000 people in one day, all people if tought and worked with and none of them said anything bad. Loads of his students were left alone with him and none of them felt uncomfortable because he doesn't have it in him. We are all behind you Mr.Hilary.[/p][/quote]So if your daughter was meeting up with her teacher you would be happy Missdoyle
  • Score: 3

5:26pm Thu 22 May 14

solomum says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
Comments should not even be allowed on this site whilst a proceeding is still in place. I have no intention of ruining this guys reputation. As I said, I do not know him. My comment was inappropriate and ill though out, I apologise for that. As I said, I sincerely hope that the truth prevails in this case and the right person is the one who is bought to justice.
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.[/p][/quote]Comments should not even be allowed on this site whilst a proceeding is still in place. I have no intention of ruining this guys reputation. As I said, I do not know him. My comment was inappropriate and ill though out, I apologise for that. As I said, I sincerely hope that the truth prevails in this case and the right person is the one who is bought to justice. solomum
  • Score: 8

5:41pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps
I know him in and out of school the alleged victim I don't know but she was 15 when she said it happened and when I was 15 I knew my mind.
He said she was 16 and of age and I believe his word over hers!
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.[/p][/quote]I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps[/p][/quote]I know him in and out of school the alleged victim I don't know but she was 15 when she said it happened and when I was 15 I knew my mind. He said she was 16 and of age and I believe his word over hers! Kirsty666
  • Score: -1

5:47pm Thu 22 May 14

Deirdre39 says...

solomum wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
Comments should not even be allowed on this site whilst a proceeding is still in place. I have no intention of ruining this guys reputation. As I said, I do not know him. My comment was inappropriate and ill though out, I apologise for that. As I said, I sincerely hope that the truth prevails in this case and the right person is the one who is bought to justice.
I have to agree that comments on here could have a detrimental effect and that would be the worst outcome, I will not be commenting further, I've said my piece. I think it big of you to apologise for your first comment which was extremely ill thought out but that happens! Tensions and emotions are running very highly for many of us ex students who remember the man so well and are very concerned that a man so highly thought of by so many people can be accused of the vile things this girl is saying. I also hope the whole truth come out and that justice prevails.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.[/p][/quote]Comments should not even be allowed on this site whilst a proceeding is still in place. I have no intention of ruining this guys reputation. As I said, I do not know him. My comment was inappropriate and ill though out, I apologise for that. As I said, I sincerely hope that the truth prevails in this case and the right person is the one who is bought to justice.[/p][/quote]I have to agree that comments on here could have a detrimental effect and that would be the worst outcome, I will not be commenting further, I've said my piece. I think it big of you to apologise for your first comment which was extremely ill thought out but that happens! Tensions and emotions are running very highly for many of us ex students who remember the man so well and are very concerned that a man so highly thought of by so many people can be accused of the vile things this girl is saying. I also hope the whole truth come out and that justice prevails. Deirdre39
  • Score: 2

5:55pm Thu 22 May 14

Deirdre39 says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
Missdoyle wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
solomum wrote:
Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.
Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.
I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps
I know him in and out of school the alleged victim I don't know but she was 15 when she said it happened and when I was 15 I knew my mind.
He said she was 16 and of age and I believe his word over hers!
Said I wouldn't comment again, but had to just jump in to say that In fact the newest reports and looking at the dates, it now appears she was 18! The age, the dates, the number of times, it all keeps changing it seems, I repeat let justice prevail
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: Oh dear. My comment seems to have ruffled a few feathers. I do not know the accused or the alleged victim so have no idea as to if the accused is guilty or not. I genuinely hope he is not, but only he and the alleged victim know the truth. I sincerely hope though that the verdict of this case is the correct one and that truth will prevail.[/p][/quote]Ruffled is the wrong word you opened a can of worms and all your comments helps the DE ruin his reputation he taught over 1000 girls was head of over 500 when the school became mixed most of us consistently in his office for one thing or another but guilty or not I'll still shake his hand for getting me through school.[/p][/quote]I suppose you also know the victim well enough to judge weather she's the type to lie as you say don't comment if you don't know him.. Don't comment if you don't know the victim wither perhaps[/p][/quote]I know him in and out of school the alleged victim I don't know but she was 15 when she said it happened and when I was 15 I knew my mind. He said she was 16 and of age and I believe his word over hers![/p][/quote]Said I wouldn't comment again, but had to just jump in to say that In fact the newest reports and looking at the dates, it now appears she was 18! The age, the dates, the number of times, it all keeps changing it seems, I repeat let justice prevail Deirdre39
  • Score: 0

6:14pm Thu 22 May 14

thesouth says...

You idiot
You idiot thesouth
  • Score: -1

6:21pm Thu 22 May 14

thesouth says...

The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements.
1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming
2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult

He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone
The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements. 1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming 2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone thesouth
  • Score: 5

6:24pm Thu 22 May 14

amelia75 says...

I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe
I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe amelia75
  • Score: -1

6:24pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

thesouth wrote:
The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements.
1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming
2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult

He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone
Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school?
[quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements. 1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming 2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone[/p][/quote]Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school? Kirsty666
  • Score: 5

6:29pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

amelia75 wrote:
I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe
Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting!
[quote][p][bold]amelia75[/bold] wrote: I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe[/p][/quote]Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting! Kirsty666
  • Score: 5

6:37pm Thu 22 May 14

amelia75 says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
amelia75 wrote:
I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe
Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting!
That wasnt the case when i was in school there ?
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]amelia75[/bold] wrote: I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe[/p][/quote]Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting![/p][/quote]That wasnt the case when i was in school there ? amelia75
  • Score: 2

6:51pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

amelia75 wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
amelia75 wrote:
I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe
Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting!
That wasnt the case when i was in school there ?
I was forever in his office as were many of my time there and that's the way it was . I was always getting kicked out of history and getting sent down to see him because like most people the teachers couldn't deal with me and we would talk about life on a personal level as I said I often remember him outside of school knocking the door as well as others I know.
[quote][p][bold]amelia75[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]amelia75[/bold] wrote: I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe[/p][/quote]Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting![/p][/quote]That wasnt the case when i was in school there ?[/p][/quote]I was forever in his office as were many of my time there and that's the way it was . I was always getting kicked out of history and getting sent down to see him because like most people the teachers couldn't deal with me and we would talk about life on a personal level as I said I often remember him outside of school knocking the door as well as others I know. Kirsty666
  • Score: 4

7:20pm Thu 22 May 14

magpiesaint says...

Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name?
[quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name? magpiesaint
  • Score: 1

7:30pm Thu 22 May 14

jolamb81 says...

magpiesaint wrote:
Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name?
The facebook page is called 'save our teacher mr hillary'
[quote][p][bold]magpiesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name?[/p][/quote]The facebook page is called 'save our teacher mr hillary' jolamb81
  • Score: -1

7:44pm Thu 22 May 14

jolamb81 says...

jolamb81 wrote:
magpiesaint wrote:
Deirdre39 wrote:
He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous
I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name?
The facebook page is called 'save our teacher mr hillary'
Sorry its 'save our old school teacher mr hillary'
[quote][p][bold]jolamb81[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]magpiesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deirdre39[/bold] wrote: He without sin cast the first stone! Who are you to make a comment such as that Solomum! I was taught by My Hilary at Weston Park Girls school for 5 years, I along with over 1000 former pupils and colleagues offer our utmost support for him, check our Facebook page 'save our old school teacher Mr Hilary' Not one single pupil has come forward with any allegations of any sort whatsoever. He was 28 at the time and I believe she was 16, he made an error of judgement and immediately put it right. I do not for one second believe the allegations made and hope the truth will come out. Some of her statements are ridiculous - under a Yew Tree?? Smacks of the ridiculous[/p][/quote]I can't find the Facebook page. As an ex-colleague I would like to see the messages of support. Is that the actual page name?[/p][/quote]The facebook page is called 'save our teacher mr hillary'[/p][/quote]Sorry its 'save our old school teacher mr hillary' jolamb81
  • Score: -1

8:19pm Thu 22 May 14

WarwickNights says...

Daily Echo- why are you allowing comments before verdict. Very irresponsible
Daily Echo- why are you allowing comments before verdict. Very irresponsible WarwickNights
  • Score: -1

10:16pm Thu 22 May 14

thesouth says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
thesouth wrote:
The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements.
1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming
2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult

He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone
Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school?
Again, typical comment clearly showing your ignorance on the subject. Hope no one you know ever opens up to you about something. Grow a brain
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements. 1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming 2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone[/p][/quote]Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school?[/p][/quote]Again, typical comment clearly showing your ignorance on the subject. Hope no one you know ever opens up to you about something. Grow a brain thesouth
  • Score: -2

10:19pm Thu 22 May 14

thesouth says...

Kirsty666 wrote:
amelia75 wrote:
I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe
Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting!
If you can't see the 'signs' in what you just wrote, I hope you don't work with protecting children!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]amelia75[/bold] wrote: I see there's quite a few women commenting on this story who obviously have children of their own now if taught by the man in question. What would happen if your 15 year old came home and said a teacher what this teacher been alleged to have done. Im pretty sure as a mother myself this man wouldnt need court he would need alot more to protect him. Ive been reading the online comments on the save him page also. And its seems to me that alot of you only knew him in school setting and lot of you were either small babies or not born when this happened ?? no one really knows this guy apart from him being a teacher. maybe people should just writing stupid stuff and wait for the verdict he has however changed his story so ??? Work if out yourselves maybe[/p][/quote]Most of us knew him in and out of school for various reasons he would come knock on our doors just for a cup of tea and to make sure all was okay in home environments as well as school he dealt with a lot of people who had problems which is why we view him as an amazing person. He would often chat about our home lives as well as his so no not just a school setting it's a whole life setting![/p][/quote]If you can't see the 'signs' in what you just wrote, I hope you don't work with protecting children!!!! thesouth
  • Score: -2

10:35pm Thu 22 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

thesouth wrote:
Kirsty666 wrote:
thesouth wrote:
The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements.
1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming
2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult

He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone
Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school?
Again, typical comment clearly showing your ignorance on the subject. Hope no one you know ever opens up to you about something. Grow a brain
Grow a brain hmmm think I already have one of them. No my dear thesouth it's not ignorance it's about knowing someone on a personal as well as professional level, trusting your gut instinct I have known the man for years and I know deep inside this is not his nature. It's more of a school girl crush which got rebounded and since Jimmy Bloody Saville has come to light someone has thought hmmm lets make a few quid and get revenge. YES he has admitted to kissing her and groaping her BUT when she was of age and NOT before.
I bet at 15 from her story and 18 from his (which is more believable)it's the same as Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forrest she was running after him went so far and got told NO so waited like most people to get back at him it's her word against his and ANYONE can go to the local cop shop and cry wolf!

Oh and it's historical so has obviously gone to court on circumstantial evidence same as michael le vell, William roache and all the others as evidence will no longer be there.
Also nobody else has said he did this to me blah blah blah.

If found guilty I'll always believe he is INNOCENT!!!
[quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kirsty666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thesouth[/bold] wrote: The comments in here clearly show why people delay in reporting. Silly ill informed people make judgements. 1)just because someones 'nice' doesn't mean they are not capable, in fact they are more capable. It's called grooming. They groom their victim AND everyone else so no one believes the victim - IF he is guilty, you are all victims of grooming 2)just because it didn't happens to you or anyone else, doesn't mean it didn't happen to a particle other person. Grooming takes a lot of time and effort, mass grooming is difficult He should be found G / NG based on evidence alone[/p][/quote]Why 1 person 35 years ago why not more as he went from school to school?[/p][/quote]Again, typical comment clearly showing your ignorance on the subject. Hope no one you know ever opens up to you about something. Grow a brain[/p][/quote]Grow a brain hmmm think I already have one of them. No my dear thesouth it's not ignorance it's about knowing someone on a personal as well as professional level, trusting your gut instinct I have known the man for years and I know deep inside this is not his nature. It's more of a school girl crush which got rebounded and since Jimmy Bloody Saville has come to light someone has thought hmmm lets make a few quid and get revenge. YES he has admitted to kissing her and groaping her BUT when she was of age and NOT before. I bet at 15 from her story and 18 from his (which is more believable)it's the same as Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forrest she was running after him went so far and got told NO so waited like most people to get back at him it's her word against his and ANYONE can go to the local cop shop and cry wolf! Oh and it's historical so has obviously gone to court on circumstantial evidence same as michael le vell, William roache and all the others as evidence will no longer be there. Also nobody else has said he did this to me blah blah blah. If found guilty I'll always believe he is INNOCENT!!! Kirsty666
  • Score: 4

11:14pm Thu 22 May 14

Major Ray Cist says...

Well he looks normal alright to me ?
Well he looks normal alright to me ? Major Ray Cist
  • Score: 1

11:51pm Thu 22 May 14

Malcombe says...

Since the the evil of Jimmy Saville hit the headlines there are many people coming out of the woodwork, I'm certainly not condoning any of this case far from it but back in the middle 80s that this assault allegedly happened the 15 year girl had every opportunity to report it to the Police, she wasn't under any threat from this man and they had agreements to meet when it was possible she even kept a Diary for her own gratification, what has taken her so long to report what she now calls assault it's not as if he's a rich showbiz star?
This man would never forget this time but probably thought it was dead and buried and probably didn't expect it to resurface not surprisingly but knew the risk he was taken and certainly took advantage of her crush and was flattered and she too was obviously flattered probably with her hormones rampant, if her Diary reveals she enjoyed every moment the verdict could be there is no case to answer and it will be a complete waste of time and money and a total embarrassment.
Since the the evil of Jimmy Saville hit the headlines there are many people coming out of the woodwork, I'm certainly not condoning any of this case far from it but back in the middle 80s that this assault allegedly happened the 15 year girl had every opportunity to report it to the Police, she wasn't under any threat from this man and they had agreements to meet when it was possible she even kept a Diary for her own gratification, what has taken her so long to report what she now calls assault it's not as if he's a rich showbiz star? This man would never forget this time but probably thought it was dead and buried and probably didn't expect it to resurface not surprisingly but knew the risk he was taken and certainly took advantage of her crush and was flattered and she too was obviously flattered probably with her hormones rampant, if her Diary reveals she enjoyed every moment the verdict could be there is no case to answer and it will be a complete waste of time and money and a total embarrassment. Malcombe
  • Score: -1

6:59am Fri 23 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

Malcombe wrote:
Since the the evil of Jimmy Saville hit the headlines there are many people coming out of the woodwork, I'm certainly not condoning any of this case far from it but back in the middle 80s that this assault allegedly happened the 15 year girl had every opportunity to report it to the Police, she wasn't under any threat from this man and they had agreements to meet when it was possible she even kept a Diary for her own gratification, what has taken her so long to report what she now calls assault it's not as if he's a rich showbiz star?
This man would never forget this time but probably thought it was dead and buried and probably didn't expect it to resurface not surprisingly but knew the risk he was taken and certainly took advantage of her crush and was flattered and she too was obviously flattered probably with her hormones rampant, if her Diary reveals she enjoyed every moment the verdict could be there is no case to answer and it will be a complete waste of time and money and a total embarrassment.
In the 80's she was 18 and of age which is his claims which I believe her account is in the late 70s when she was 15 and in all honesty when i was 14 I had a 24 yr old bf so that's why it wouldn't surprise me if she ran after him. BUT I can honestly say what a true gent this man is and has never taken advantage of ANY of his female students
[quote][p][bold]Malcombe[/bold] wrote: Since the the evil of Jimmy Saville hit the headlines there are many people coming out of the woodwork, I'm certainly not condoning any of this case far from it but back in the middle 80s that this assault allegedly happened the 15 year girl had every opportunity to report it to the Police, she wasn't under any threat from this man and they had agreements to meet when it was possible she even kept a Diary for her own gratification, what has taken her so long to report what she now calls assault it's not as if he's a rich showbiz star? This man would never forget this time but probably thought it was dead and buried and probably didn't expect it to resurface not surprisingly but knew the risk he was taken and certainly took advantage of her crush and was flattered and she too was obviously flattered probably with her hormones rampant, if her Diary reveals she enjoyed every moment the verdict could be there is no case to answer and it will be a complete waste of time and money and a total embarrassment.[/p][/quote]In the 80's she was 18 and of age which is his claims which I believe her account is in the late 70s when she was 15 and in all honesty when i was 14 I had a 24 yr old bf so that's why it wouldn't surprise me if she ran after him. BUT I can honestly say what a true gent this man is and has never taken advantage of ANY of his female students Kirsty666
  • Score: 0

12:18pm Fri 23 May 14

espanuel says...

I suppose the majority on here who are penalising this person and I'm not taking sides have been in the court listening to the evidence and also they are the jury? Don't rely on what you read in the media.
I suppose the majority on here who are penalising this person and I'm not taking sides have been in the court listening to the evidence and also they are the jury? Don't rely on what you read in the media. espanuel
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Fri 23 May 14

jolamb81 says...

I hope mr hilary and his family can move on from this traumatic time. I never doubted him for a second. Great result today. A true inspirational man not just to his students but there families and work colleagues. I have cried tears of joy for him today.
I hope mr hilary and his family can move on from this traumatic time. I never doubted him for a second. Great result today. A true inspirational man not just to his students but there families and work colleagues. I have cried tears of joy for him today. jolamb81
  • Score: 1

6:32pm Fri 23 May 14

Kirsty666 says...

INNOCENT best word of the day!!!!
INNOCENT best word of the day!!!! Kirsty666
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree