Drugs alert as woman fights for life in city park

Drugs alert as woman fights for life in city park

Drugs alert as woman fights for life in city park

First published in News
Last updated

A WOMAN was fighting for her life last night after she collapsed in a park from a suspected reaction to drugs.

Police cordoned off part of Palmerston Park in Southampton city centre while paramedics battled to save her.

The 38-year-old had been found seriously ill in the park at about 3.40pm yesterday.

A South Central Ambulance Service spokesman said it had taken the woman to Southampton General Hospital in a “life threatening condition”.

Daily Echo:

The drama came amid fears that a “bad batch” of illegal drugs could be circulating among users.

A police spokesman said: “Hampshire police are working closely with partner agencies in Southampton to highlight the dangers of illegal drugs following a number of incidents in the city in recent weeks.”

Homeless man Leon Ingraham, below,  told the Daily Echo how he discovered the woman and immediately called for help.

Daily Echo:

The 38-year-old said: “Her lips were going blue.

"The paramedics were trying to resuscitate her. They were trying to make her breath with a machine. The police are saying it could be a bad batch.”

Anyone with information about illegal drugs should contact Hampshire police on 101 or the independent Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111, where information can be given anonymously.

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:53am Tue 24 Jun 14

rudolph_hucker says...

All set for a fun filled Monday afternoon of taking drugs in the park and then this happens. Poor lady.
All set for a fun filled Monday afternoon of taking drugs in the park and then this happens. Poor lady. rudolph_hucker
  • Score: -11

8:04am Tue 24 Jun 14

Woolston ollie says...

Who thinks i know its Monday lets take some drugs sit and have a nice day in the park, while the rest of normal society goes to work.
Police ambulance hospital services have better things to to do than look after self inflicted lowlifes with nothing better to do.
Who thinks i know its Monday lets take some drugs sit and have a nice day in the park, while the rest of normal society goes to work. Police ambulance hospital services have better things to to do than look after self inflicted lowlifes with nothing better to do. Woolston ollie
  • Score: 20

8:23am Tue 24 Jun 14

mrs pepperpot says...

No sympathy what so ever!
No sympathy what so ever! mrs pepperpot
  • Score: 4

8:33am Tue 24 Jun 14

Tenderhearts wife says...

good to see that we are not judging these people at all!
good to see that we are not judging these people at all! Tenderhearts wife
  • Score: 23

9:06am Tue 24 Jun 14

thesouth says...

mrs pepperpot wrote:
No sympathy what so ever!
Bad life style or not, do you not care that someone could die? Your life but be so loveless
[quote][p][bold]mrs pepperpot[/bold] wrote: No sympathy what so ever![/p][/quote]Bad life style or not, do you not care that someone could die? Your life but be so loveless thesouth
  • Score: 15

9:22am Tue 24 Jun 14

skeptik says...

Sometimes what people say marks them out as 'lowlife'.
Sometimes what people say marks them out as 'lowlife'. skeptik
  • Score: 11

9:49am Tue 24 Jun 14

killthrill says...

Everyone has problems and addictions in life.
These people need help not judgements,
that helps no one.
Everyone has problems and addictions in life. These people need help not judgements, that helps no one. killthrill
  • Score: 10

9:54am Tue 24 Jun 14

sparkster says...

sadly there are always going to be unscrupulous people who add substances to drugs, when drug users buy drugs they are not to know whats in them. She is someone's daughter/wife/mother at the end of the day, maybe this could be a turning point for her in that it may scare her enough to get help to come off drugs, I hope she makes a complete recovery
sadly there are always going to be unscrupulous people who add substances to drugs, when drug users buy drugs they are not to know whats in them. She is someone's daughter/wife/mother at the end of the day, maybe this could be a turning point for her in that it may scare her enough to get help to come off drugs, I hope she makes a complete recovery sparkster
  • Score: 16

9:58am Tue 24 Jun 14

emmjjaayy1291 says...

Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.
Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery. emmjjaayy1291
  • Score: 14

10:08am Tue 24 Jun 14

sotonboy84 says...

killthrill wrote:
Everyone has problems and addictions in life.
These people need help not judgements,
that helps no one.
Does this apply to anybody that commits a crime or is there a special type of sympathy for criminals who takes drugs?
[quote][p][bold]killthrill[/bold] wrote: Everyone has problems and addictions in life. These people need help not judgements, that helps no one.[/p][/quote]Does this apply to anybody that commits a crime or is there a special type of sympathy for criminals who takes drugs? sotonboy84
  • Score: 5

10:28am Tue 24 Jun 14

mrs pepperpot says...

emmjjaayy1291 wrote:
Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.
It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs!
[quote][p][bold]emmjjaayy1291[/bold] wrote: Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.[/p][/quote]It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs! mrs pepperpot
  • Score: 5

10:29am Tue 24 Jun 14

vag says...

This will probably be an unusually pure batch of something like Heroine. The users take their usual dose, and it's actually a much higher dose than they are expecting. The Police have been very busy this week, trying to stamp this problem out.
This will probably be an unusually pure batch of something like Heroine. The users take their usual dose, and it's actually a much higher dose than they are expecting. The Police have been very busy this week, trying to stamp this problem out. vag
  • Score: 3

10:30am Tue 24 Jun 14

vag says...

*Heroin*, autocorrect fail.
*Heroin*, autocorrect fail. vag
  • Score: 1

3:21pm Tue 24 Jun 14

loosehead says...

I suffered a head injury whilst playing Rugby I went to A&E & was told it was self inflicted so I had to wait in wet muddy Rugby gear.So I did as I couldn't get angry with people who were there to help me & it wasn't their fault I got injured so I waited for 4 hours.
In the waiting room was a couple who were stoned going mad because they didn't know what was happening to their friend who was in a bad way after taking illegal drugs,
They were shouting & threatening nurses & that was just the female.But a few of us managed to persuade them to cool it & they did.
As with this lady they broke the law & took illegal substances & even if it was legal as with alcohol or fags if someone offers it to you at a low,low price & even if you know it's illegal people will still buy it.
They take the gamble it's okay but if not then who's fault is it?
Why then do people think we should feel sorry for them? If a burglar's robbing my house & falls out of the window & breaks his/her neck should I feel sorry for them?NO
I suffered a head injury whilst playing Rugby I went to A&E & was told it was self inflicted so I had to wait in wet muddy Rugby gear.So I did as I couldn't get angry with people who were there to help me & it wasn't their fault I got injured so I waited for 4 hours. In the waiting room was a couple who were stoned going mad because they didn't know what was happening to their friend who was in a bad way after taking illegal drugs, They were shouting & threatening nurses & that was just the female.But a few of us managed to persuade them to cool it & they did. As with this lady they broke the law & took illegal substances & even if it was legal as with alcohol or fags if someone offers it to you at a low,low price & even if you know it's illegal people will still buy it. They take the gamble it's okay but if not then who's fault is it? Why then do people think we should feel sorry for them? If a burglar's robbing my house & falls out of the window & breaks his/her neck should I feel sorry for them?NO loosehead
  • Score: 6

3:24pm Tue 24 Jun 14

RomseyKeith says...

The comments on here assume a lot. What if she'd had a drink spiked and reacted badly to whatever drug had been slipped into it? At no point on here does it say she is an addict and a user. Everyone calling her everything under the sun would then have egg on their face.
(Admittedly this is unlikely, but you never know until all the facts are out).
The comments on here assume a lot. What if she'd had a drink spiked and reacted badly to whatever drug had been slipped into it? At no point on here does it say she is an addict and a user. Everyone calling her everything under the sun would then have egg on their face. (Admittedly this is unlikely, but you never know until all the facts are out). RomseyKeith
  • Score: 4

4:13pm Tue 24 Jun 14

shirlski says...

Let's hope this 'bad batch' of smack does the rounds of Southampton's junkies and knocks a few of the worthless sods off. I've never known so many beggars in the city centre, you can't walk from one end to the other without constantly being accosted, what get's me is the idiot do-gooders who give them money! They all have access to the overly generous benefit system and will always find a bleeding heart liberal to listen to their sob story. Lot's of us have had crappy childhoods etc etc but we took control of our lives, didn't take drugs and didn't resort to the boo-hoo poor me stories that they are all full of.You may garner from this rant that I have no sympathy whatsoever for junkies.
Let's hope this 'bad batch' of smack does the rounds of Southampton's junkies and knocks a few of the worthless sods off. I've never known so many beggars in the city centre, you can't walk from one end to the other without constantly being accosted, what get's me is the idiot do-gooders who give them money! They all have access to the overly generous benefit system and will always find a bleeding heart liberal to listen to their sob story. Lot's of us have had crappy childhoods etc etc but we took control of our lives, didn't take drugs and didn't resort to the boo-hoo poor me stories that they are all full of.You may garner from this rant that I have no sympathy whatsoever for junkies. shirlski
  • Score: -1

4:27pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Zexagon says...

RomseyKeith wrote:
The comments on here assume a lot. What if she'd had a drink spiked and reacted badly to whatever drug had been slipped into it? At no point on here does it say she is an addict and a user. Everyone calling her everything under the sun would then have egg on their face.
(Admittedly this is unlikely, but you never know until all the facts are out).
Or perhaps slipped and fell into a prickle bush
[quote][p][bold]RomseyKeith[/bold] wrote: The comments on here assume a lot. What if she'd had a drink spiked and reacted badly to whatever drug had been slipped into it? At no point on here does it say she is an addict and a user. Everyone calling her everything under the sun would then have egg on their face. (Admittedly this is unlikely, but you never know until all the facts are out).[/p][/quote]Or perhaps slipped and fell into a prickle bush Zexagon
  • Score: 1

4:45pm Tue 24 Jun 14

shirlski says...

So Mr Ingraham 'discovered' her did he? I walk through this park everyday on my way to work (an anathema Mr Ingraham and his ilk) and I've seen their little den with a few of the sad sacks in there, I would imagine that all her so called friends legged it when she turned blue leaving poor old Ingraham stashless to make the call....but hey! RomseyKeith I'm just guessing.
So Mr Ingraham 'discovered' her did he? I walk through this park everyday on my way to work (an anathema Mr Ingraham and his ilk) and I've seen their little den with a few of the sad sacks in there, I would imagine that all her so called friends legged it when she turned blue leaving poor old Ingraham stashless to make the call....but hey! RomseyKeith I'm just guessing. shirlski
  • Score: -1

5:01pm Tue 24 Jun 14

RomseyKeith says...

shirlski wrote:
So Mr Ingraham 'discovered' her did he? I walk through this park everyday on my way to work (an anathema Mr Ingraham and his ilk) and I've seen their little den with a few of the sad sacks in there, I would imagine that all her so called friends legged it when she turned blue leaving poor old Ingraham stashless to make the call....but hey! RomseyKeith I'm just guessing.
Indeed, it is a solid theory. I used to work at the RSH and crossed the parks to get there from the bus stop by the Guild Hall. I agree, you see a great many folks like that. However, without a pic I couldn't say if I'd seen her amongst them, or even the guy pictured, before.
Without the facts we don't know for sure. (Although I agree it's very likely he was with her and they were both using).
[quote][p][bold]shirlski[/bold] wrote: So Mr Ingraham 'discovered' her did he? I walk through this park everyday on my way to work (an anathema Mr Ingraham and his ilk) and I've seen their little den with a few of the sad sacks in there, I would imagine that all her so called friends legged it when she turned blue leaving poor old Ingraham stashless to make the call....but hey! RomseyKeith I'm just guessing.[/p][/quote]Indeed, it is a solid theory. I used to work at the RSH and crossed the parks to get there from the bus stop by the Guild Hall. I agree, you see a great many folks like that. However, without a pic I couldn't say if I'd seen her amongst them, or even the guy pictured, before. Without the facts we don't know for sure. (Although I agree it's very likely he was with her and they were both using). RomseyKeith
  • Score: 0

7:15pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Vars1234 says...

Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".
Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot". Vars1234
  • Score: -3

7:49pm Tue 24 Jun 14

4abettersouthampton says...

Cold turkey is the only way
Cold turkey is the only way 4abettersouthampton
  • Score: -1

8:06pm Tue 24 Jun 14

normal1965 says...

why bother.just dont make sense
why bother.just dont make sense normal1965
  • Score: 0

8:07pm Tue 24 Jun 14

normal1965 says...

its a risk you take if you do drugs,boohoo
its a risk you take if you do drugs,boohoo normal1965
  • Score: -1

8:56pm Tue 24 Jun 14

forest hump says...

Natural selection
Natural selection forest hump
  • Score: 1

9:09pm Tue 24 Jun 14

loosehead says...

Vars1234 wrote:
Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".
The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law.
My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in.
I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it.
The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance.
If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they?
[quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".[/p][/quote]The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law. My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in. I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it. The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance. If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they? loosehead
  • Score: 4

9:32pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Vars1234 says...

loosehead wrote:
Vars1234 wrote:
Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".
The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law.
My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in.
I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it.
The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance.
If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they?
Your argument doesn't make sense.... You condemn all drug users then you worry that the young then try the drugs... So are you condemning the young for their drug use or saying that they're victims?? And who said that this female ever burgled a house?? I think you are relying on dicky info for your opinions! How do you know that she is not employed, or being pimped by someone, or any other situation? Why are people so quick to condemn?? Where's your humanity?? If someone turned to alcohol when their chips were down, they would get sympathy....! Hypocrisy! Sorry your bro died but that is completely different to being brought up in a wholly damaging and neglectful way...we don't know why this lady had drugs in her system but let's not drag out the hangmans noose!
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".[/p][/quote]The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law. My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in. I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it. The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance. If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they?[/p][/quote]Your argument doesn't make sense.... You condemn all drug users then you worry that the young then try the drugs... So are you condemning the young for their drug use or saying that they're victims?? And who said that this female ever burgled a house?? I think you are relying on dicky info for your opinions! How do you know that she is not employed, or being pimped by someone, or any other situation? Why are people so quick to condemn?? Where's your humanity?? If someone turned to alcohol when their chips were down, they would get sympathy....! Hypocrisy! Sorry your bro died but that is completely different to being brought up in a wholly damaging and neglectful way...we don't know why this lady had drugs in her system but let's not drag out the hangmans noose! Vars1234
  • Score: -3

5:44am Wed 25 Jun 14

loosehead says...

Vars1234 wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Vars1234 wrote:
Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".
The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law.
My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in.
I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it.
The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance.
If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they?
Your argument doesn't make sense.... You condemn all drug users then you worry that the young then try the drugs... So are you condemning the young for their drug use or saying that they're victims?? And who said that this female ever burgled a house?? I think you are relying on dicky info for your opinions! How do you know that she is not employed, or being pimped by someone, or any other situation? Why are people so quick to condemn?? Where's your humanity?? If someone turned to alcohol when their chips were down, they would get sympathy....! Hypocrisy! Sorry your bro died but that is completely different to being brought up in a wholly damaging and neglectful way...we don't know why this lady had drugs in her system but let's not drag out the hangmans noose!
I've been burgled by young drug takers who needed the money to buy drugs.
I've lost a friend to bad drugs who started off on cannabis then ending up injecting himself.
I don't think any of them are victims or innocent if they start taking drugs then they know they're breaking the law & there are enough warnings about addiction & bad drugs
[quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: Why do some echo readers assume someone is worthless because they use illicit drugs? These kinds of selfish, self satisfied attitudes exacerbate the sense of worthlessness many drug users already have, not because they are "drug users" (people normally have more than their use to their identities) but often people they use drugs to cushion themselves caused by the emotional devastation caused to them by abuse, exploitation and neglect.... If society lacks the compassion that some DE readers exhibit, then this social ill and it's victims will get worse. Get off your high horse, stop being judgemental about someone and their situation that you know nothing about and show some compassion. Your attitude, in my book, puts you down with the lowest of lows. You are the epitome of antisocial, "woolston Ollie" and "mrs pepperpot".[/p][/quote]The reason these people or anyone breaking the law get very little sympathy if any is because they are breaking the law. My older brother & I were very close so when he took his life it destroyed me & I wanted to join him but it went against everything we both were suppose to believe in. I could have quite easily turned to drugs but I didn't & I feel great about it. The biggest problem we have is when people excuse this illegal act or try legalising it by saying certain drugs aren't addictive but they are & the young try them then have to burgle to get more or try a stronger substance. If they never touched it they wouldn't get a bad batch would they?[/p][/quote]Your argument doesn't make sense.... You condemn all drug users then you worry that the young then try the drugs... So are you condemning the young for their drug use or saying that they're victims?? And who said that this female ever burgled a house?? I think you are relying on dicky info for your opinions! How do you know that she is not employed, or being pimped by someone, or any other situation? Why are people so quick to condemn?? Where's your humanity?? If someone turned to alcohol when their chips were down, they would get sympathy....! Hypocrisy! Sorry your bro died but that is completely different to being brought up in a wholly damaging and neglectful way...we don't know why this lady had drugs in her system but let's not drag out the hangmans noose![/p][/quote]I've been burgled by young drug takers who needed the money to buy drugs. I've lost a friend to bad drugs who started off on cannabis then ending up injecting himself. I don't think any of them are victims or innocent if they start taking drugs then they know they're breaking the law & there are enough warnings about addiction & bad drugs loosehead
  • Score: 5

5:26pm Wed 25 Jun 14

clare 42 says...

i think its heartbreaking as a recovering alcoholic we do not choose to live in misery the general public needs educating on the seriousness of addiction Im thinking of her and her family at this sad time
i think its heartbreaking as a recovering alcoholic we do not choose to live in misery the general public needs educating on the seriousness of addiction Im thinking of her and her family at this sad time clare 42
  • Score: 0

9:05pm Wed 25 Jun 14

loosehead says...

clare 42 wrote:
i think its heartbreaking as a recovering alcoholic we do not choose to live in misery the general public needs educating on the seriousness of addiction Im thinking of her and her family at this sad time
So why did you become alcoholic? Did the demon booze come to your door & say drink me & don't stop drinking me?
You have done well getting help but I use to drink Friday nights Saturday lunch Saturday night then lunch & night on Sunday in the summers but only half that in the winter.
I could run up huge debts but then I woke up stopped drinking on a regular basis & I no longer have that debt.
I realised that I was drinking even when I didn't like the taste & I knew I needed to leave it alone & only drink once in a while if I felt like a pint.
I also realised if I took drugs that were far more addictive than beer then I'd become an addict & after seeing what happened to my friend & never touched drugs.
You say you never chose to live in misery but you did choose to drink so you did have a choice didn't you?
[quote][p][bold]clare 42[/bold] wrote: i think its heartbreaking as a recovering alcoholic we do not choose to live in misery the general public needs educating on the seriousness of addiction Im thinking of her and her family at this sad time[/p][/quote]So why did you become alcoholic? Did the demon booze come to your door & say drink me & don't stop drinking me? You have done well getting help but I use to drink Friday nights Saturday lunch Saturday night then lunch & night on Sunday in the summers but only half that in the winter. I could run up huge debts but then I woke up stopped drinking on a regular basis & I no longer have that debt. I realised that I was drinking even when I didn't like the taste & I knew I needed to leave it alone & only drink once in a while if I felt like a pint. I also realised if I took drugs that were far more addictive than beer then I'd become an addict & after seeing what happened to my friend & never touched drugs. You say you never chose to live in misery but you did choose to drink so you did have a choice didn't you? loosehead
  • Score: 2

9:49pm Wed 25 Jun 14

hayz90 says...

mrs pepperpot wrote:
emmjjaayy1291 wrote:
Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.
It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs!
some people get spiked not all people take it by choice .how would you feel if this was a family member or your and you had to read these comments personaly i hate drugs never done and never will by choice but does not make the people that do them bad people hope this lady is going to be ok for her familys sake
[quote][p][bold]mrs pepperpot[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emmjjaayy1291[/bold] wrote: Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.[/p][/quote]It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs![/p][/quote]some people get spiked not all people take it by choice .how would you feel if this was a family member or your and you had to read these comments personaly i hate drugs never done and never will by choice but does not make the people that do them bad people hope this lady is going to be ok for her familys sake hayz90
  • Score: 0

7:01am Thu 26 Jun 14

loosehead says...

hayz90 wrote:
mrs pepperpot wrote:
emmjjaayy1291 wrote:
Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.
It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs!
some people get spiked not all people take it by choice .how would you feel if this was a family member or your and you had to read these comments personaly i hate drugs never done and never will by choice but does not make the people that do them bad people hope this lady is going to be ok for her familys sake
where does it say this lady had her drinks spiked? I'm sure that if the article stated that many of the comments on here would be different.
[quote][p][bold]hayz90[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mrs pepperpot[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emmjjaayy1291[/bold] wrote: Sorry we aint all as perfect as the ones with the negative comments. Well let's hope this never happens to u. I wish the lady in question a speedy recovery.[/p][/quote]It wont happen to me, I'm not stupid enough to take drugs![/p][/quote]some people get spiked not all people take it by choice .how would you feel if this was a family member or your and you had to read these comments personaly i hate drugs never done and never will by choice but does not make the people that do them bad people hope this lady is going to be ok for her familys sake[/p][/quote]where does it say this lady had her drinks spiked? I'm sure that if the article stated that many of the comments on here would be different. loosehead
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree