When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Inquest heard pensioner was unlikely to have died from asbestos
1:20pm Sunday 6th July 2014 in News
AN inquest was held into the death of a pensioner as it was suspected that he had come into contact with asbestos.
Raymond John Reader died of lung cancer on April 7 at Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester.
The inquest at Southampton Coroner’s Court heard that the 66-year-old, from Balldown Farm Cottages, Northwood, Sparsholt, had jobs which could have caused him to come into contact with the industrial material.
However, a post-mortem examination revealed that asbestos was not likely to have caused his death.
Assistant coroner Simon Burge recorded that Mr Reader died of natural causes.