Council sticks to ‘hail and ride’ cab limit of 283 in Southampton

Daily Echo: Clive Johnson, chairman of the Southampton Trade Association. Clive Johnson, chairman of the Southampton Trade Association.

THERE will be no increase in taxis on Southampton’s city streets – after cabbies said more competition would ruin their livelihoods.

Cabbies, who complained to councillors about already overflowing ranks from a lack of work, feared even more taxis will make it even harder for them to make ends meet.

Councillors agreed to follow the recommendations of a once in three-year review by transport consultants and keep the number of hail and ride cabs in the city capped at 283.

Clive Johnson, chairman of the Southampton Trade Association, which has around 450 members including 100 Hackney Carriage drivers, welcomed the decision.

“It was inevitable really. At the present moment in time we’ve got taxi drivers being booked for parking at the end of ranks because we’ve nowhere to go. There is no work out there.”

Consultants Halcrow, who were paid £15,000 to carry out the survey, found sufficient taxis were “generally available” in the city although there was a need for more wheelchair friendly cabs.

Only one third of those surveyed felt the taxi service could be improved, but nearly half thought fares should be cheaper. Nearly half the cabbies surveyed said they would leave the trade if more licences were issued, and 84 per cent said they wanted additional and longer ranks.

Ian Hall, chairman of the Southampton Hackney Association, told councillors there were only 15 24-hour taxi ranks in the city with spaces for 73 taxis, leaving a shortfall of 210 spaces. He added the council had shortened the ranks in recent years.

Despite opposition from the trade, three years ago the council agreed to issue 20 more lucrative taxi licences - worth up to £35,000 on the open market – in a controversial secret lottery exposed by the Daily Echo.

Perry McMillan, from the Southampton taxi section of the Unite union, said: “This survey confirms what we’ve been saying all along. We feel the decision three years ago to ignore our pleas has caused a lot of hardship for the trade. And the timing of the (latest) survey, before the last eight new plates went on in December, shows we didn’t need them.”

The survey also found more permits should be issued for taxis to work the docks, and that more needed to be done to improve access and reduce congestion.

Docks owners ABP signed an agreement with the council three years ago to issue permits and enforce standards after concerns about scruffy drivers, cherry picking of fares, and allegations of overcharging. The permits cost £63.

But the decision could be challenged as under Government guidelines Southampton City Council must show that retaining a limit on the number of taxis in the city benefits customers.

One Conservative councillor, Brian Parnell, questioned whether the city should remain closed shop to new cabbies.

The number of licensed private hire vehicles - around 550 - is not limited.

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:09pm Sat 16 Jun 12

The Salv says...

Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously. The Salv
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Sat 16 Jun 12

pod says...

The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
I ask only three things of my taxi driver.
1. can speak and understand english
2. knows where they are going
3. clean and tidy.
I once got into a pre-booked taxi to go from itchen to bitterne, and the driver had no idea, then he took a wrong turning and tried to charge me an another time got into a taxi at the station and asked for bitterne, and he asked me if I wanted to go via portswood. I got out.
If I am paying for a service I should be able to decide who I spend my money with.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]I ask only three things of my taxi driver. 1. can speak and understand english 2. knows where they are going 3. clean and tidy. I once got into a pre-booked taxi to go from itchen to bitterne, and the driver had no idea, then he took a wrong turning and tried to charge me an another time got into a taxi at the station and asked for bitterne, and he asked me if I wanted to go via portswood. I got out. If I am paying for a service I should be able to decide who I spend my money with. pod
  • Score: 0

1:57pm Sat 16 Jun 12

bigfella777 says...

The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
Yes and that is why they love the taxi trade so much because it enables them to commit benefit fraud as no one knows that they are working.That is why they are quite happy to sit around and clog up the ranks all day as all there bills are already being paid by us.
Google it and look through the amount of court cases it is staggering,when they get caught they just say they were confused and offer to pay the money back at a small rate.It is one of the biggest scams in this country and should be routed out.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]Yes and that is why they love the taxi trade so much because it enables them to commit benefit fraud as no one knows that they are working.That is why they are quite happy to sit around and clog up the ranks all day as all there bills are already being paid by us. Google it and look through the amount of court cases it is staggering,when they get caught they just say they were confused and offer to pay the money back at a small rate.It is one of the biggest scams in this country and should be routed out. bigfella777
  • Score: 0

2:37pm Sat 16 Jun 12

bekki83 says...

I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too.
I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too. bekki83
  • Score: 0

3:05pm Sat 16 Jun 12

flatulence hero says...

I have always had great service from the "cabbies" in Southampton.

Reliable and safe and polite.
Priced fairly.

Do not really care where the driver comes from providing they deliver the above.
The hotel we stay at normally use West Quay Cars, not sure I would be so happy in a "white cab".
I have always had great service from the "cabbies" in Southampton. Reliable and safe and polite. Priced fairly. Do not really care where the driver comes from providing they deliver the above. The hotel we stay at normally use West Quay Cars, not sure I would be so happy in a "white cab". flatulence hero
  • Score: 0

4:58pm Sat 16 Jun 12

pod says...

flatulence hero wrote:
I have always had great service from the "cabbies" in Southampton.

Reliable and safe and polite.
Priced fairly.

Do not really care where the driver comes from providing they deliver the above.
The hotel we stay at normally use West Quay Cars, not sure I would be so happy in a "white cab".
I do not care where the driver comes from, don't care if it is mars as long as we can communicate and they know where they are going.
[quote][p][bold]flatulence hero[/bold] wrote: I have always had great service from the "cabbies" in Southampton. Reliable and safe and polite. Priced fairly. Do not really care where the driver comes from providing they deliver the above. The hotel we stay at normally use West Quay Cars, not sure I would be so happy in a "white cab".[/p][/quote]I do not care where the driver comes from, don't care if it is mars as long as we can communicate and they know where they are going. pod
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Sat 16 Jun 12

Lone Ranger. says...

The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them.
.
Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them. . Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

5:40pm Sat 16 Jun 12

British asian says...

You silly child, the very first asian taxi driver has been in taxis for 42 years and in the UK long long before you or your parents were probably born. Some of the others have been in Southampton since the 60s, some are born here AND only a small proportion are IMMIGRANTS. What makes you so "BRITISH" ? If you want to debate it is the CELTS who are ingenious to the land mass of "ENGLAND" who happen to be the WELSH. Last week you were celebrating the DIAMOND JUBILEE of the Queen who is of the SAXO-COBURG House - GERMAN!!! You silly silly boy, the roots of your MONARCH are not even ENGLISH/BRITISH. Incidentally Prince Philip is a Greek "immigrant".
You silly child, the very first asian taxi driver has been in taxis for 42 years and in the UK long long before you or your parents were probably born. Some of the others have been in Southampton since the 60s, some are born here AND only a small proportion are IMMIGRANTS. What makes you so "BRITISH" ? If you want to debate it is the CELTS who are ingenious to the land mass of "ENGLAND" who happen to be the WELSH. Last week you were celebrating the DIAMOND JUBILEE of the Queen who is of the SAXO-COBURG House - GERMAN!!! You silly silly boy, the roots of your MONARCH are not even ENGLISH/BRITISH. Incidentally Prince Philip is a Greek "immigrant". British asian
  • Score: 0

5:41pm Sat 16 Jun 12

British asian says...

Silly boy referring to you "the salve"
Silly boy referring to you "the salve" British asian
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Sat 16 Jun 12

andysaints007 says...

bekki83 wrote:
I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too.
And you are still being mugged off at £12 for a 3 mile journey!!!
[quote][p][bold]bekki83[/bold] wrote: I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too.[/p][/quote]And you are still being mugged off at £12 for a 3 mile journey!!! andysaints007
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Sat 16 Jun 12

andysaints007 says...

British asian wrote:
You silly child, the very first asian taxi driver has been in taxis for 42 years and in the UK long long before you or your parents were probably born. Some of the others have been in Southampton since the 60s, some are born here AND only a small proportion are IMMIGRANTS. What makes you so "BRITISH" ? If you want to debate it is the CELTS who are ingenious to the land mass of "ENGLAND" who happen to be the WELSH. Last week you were celebrating the DIAMOND JUBILEE of the Queen who is of the SAXO-COBURG House - GERMAN!!! You silly silly boy, the roots of your MONARCH are not even ENGLISH/BRITISH. Incidentally Prince Philip is a Greek "immigrant".
What makes you so BRITISH then ?
[quote][p][bold]British asian[/bold] wrote: You silly child, the very first asian taxi driver has been in taxis for 42 years and in the UK long long before you or your parents were probably born. Some of the others have been in Southampton since the 60s, some are born here AND only a small proportion are IMMIGRANTS. What makes you so "BRITISH" ? If you want to debate it is the CELTS who are ingenious to the land mass of "ENGLAND" who happen to be the WELSH. Last week you were celebrating the DIAMOND JUBILEE of the Queen who is of the SAXO-COBURG House - GERMAN!!! You silly silly boy, the roots of your MONARCH are not even ENGLISH/BRITISH. Incidentally Prince Philip is a Greek "immigrant".[/p][/quote]What makes you so BRITISH then ? andysaints007
  • Score: 0

6:30pm Sat 16 Jun 12

kissmya%% says...

some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod !
some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod ! kissmya%%
  • Score: 0

6:35pm Sat 16 Jun 12

dango says...

kissmya%% wrote:
some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod !
they were Yo-Yo's, you should have given them time to recoil back in!
[quote][p][bold]kissmya%%[/bold] wrote: some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod ![/p][/quote]they were Yo-Yo's, you should have given them time to recoil back in! dango
  • Score: 0

6:38pm Sat 16 Jun 12

kissmya%% says...

dango wrote:
kissmya%% wrote:
some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod !
they were Yo-Yo's, you should have given them time to recoil back in!
well i got a crime number , The book of punishments for the guilty driver , it ruined my day !

I would of done time if it was trio biscuits which went missing in the 80's :(
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kissmya%%[/bold] wrote: some drivers are good but some are bad ! eg- some yo-yo biscuits fell out of my shopping bag , did he hand them to the police nop :) sod ![/p][/quote]they were Yo-Yo's, you should have given them time to recoil back in![/p][/quote]well i got a crime number , The book of punishments for the guilty driver , it ruined my day ! I would of done time if it was trio biscuits which went missing in the 80's :( kissmya%%
  • Score: 0

7:13pm Sat 16 Jun 12

wossit says...

i do a regular journey in a taxi of about 12 miles, tell me how can varies by £8
i do a regular journey in a taxi of about 12 miles, tell me how can varies by £8 wossit
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Sat 16 Jun 12

wossit says...

look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family
look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family wossit
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Sat 16 Jun 12

wossit says...

look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family
look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family wossit
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Sat 16 Jun 12

wossit says...

look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family
look at the photo can you see the black sheep of the family wossit
  • Score: 0

8:20pm Sat 16 Jun 12

bigfella777 says...

what would Jesus do?
what would Jesus do? bigfella777
  • Score: 0

10:15pm Sat 16 Jun 12

chunky_lover says...

Who even takes taxis anyway? What's wrong with your own car?? Something I've never understood.
Who even takes taxis anyway? What's wrong with your own car?? Something I've never understood. chunky_lover
  • Score: 0

3:38am Sun 17 Jun 12

Essruu says...

bekki83 wrote:
I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too.
You're still being charged more than you should be then! WQ Cars use their own tariff, not the one for fares set by Soton City Council. That. 3.2 mile journey with Radio Taxis would cost £7.70 daytime or £9.80 at night (11pm-6am).
[quote][p][bold]bekki83[/bold] wrote: I got in one of these white cabs last weekend and they wanted £18 to travel 3.2 miles. I called West Quay Cars and got the fair £6 cheaper!! Thats why the white hail and ride cabs are empty - they are overpriced, WQC drivers are generally better, cleaner and more polite too.[/p][/quote]You're still being charged more than you should be then! WQ Cars use their own tariff, not the one for fares set by Soton City Council. That. 3.2 mile journey with Radio Taxis would cost £7.70 daytime or £9.80 at night (11pm-6am). Essruu
  • Score: 0

5:27am Sun 17 Jun 12

bravebeth says...

Taxis are far too expensive. There is very little service from the taxi drivers. How taxi drivers can charge £8 from the top of Hill Lane to The Mayflower is beyond belief.
Taxis are far too expensive. There is very little service from the taxi drivers. How taxi drivers can charge £8 from the top of Hill Lane to The Mayflower is beyond belief. bravebeth
  • Score: 0

8:07am Sun 17 Jun 12

100%HANTSBOY says...

The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
Racist troll please ignore
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]Racist troll please ignore 100%HANTSBOY
  • Score: 0

10:54am Sun 17 Jun 12

sotonandproud says...

even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it sotonandproud
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Sun 17 Jun 12

jonnyx says...

sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.
[quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck. jonnyx
  • Score: 0

4:33pm Sun 17 Jun 12

Georgem says...

chunky_lover wrote:
Who even takes taxis anyway? What's wrong with your own car?? Something I've never understood.
Are you for real? People take taxis for all sorts of reasons. If you can't think of at least one, you're even more of a simpleton than I thought.
[quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: Who even takes taxis anyway? What's wrong with your own car?? Something I've never understood.[/p][/quote]Are you for real? People take taxis for all sorts of reasons. If you can't think of at least one, you're even more of a simpleton than I thought. Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:00pm Sun 17 Jun 12

sotonandproud says...

jonnyx wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.
wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.
[quote][p][bold]jonnyx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.[/p][/quote]wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country. sotonandproud
  • Score: 0

8:09pm Sun 17 Jun 12

Georgem says...

sotonandproud wrote:
jonnyx wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.
wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.
Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic.
[quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jonnyx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.[/p][/quote]wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.[/p][/quote]Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic. Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Sun 17 Jun 12

sotonandproud says...

Georgem wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
jonnyx wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.
wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.
Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic.
thats because our children have to learn polish, romanian, latvian, hindu,urdu and many other tongues before they can be taught english
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jonnyx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.[/p][/quote]wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.[/p][/quote]Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic.[/p][/quote]thats because our children have to learn polish, romanian, latvian, hindu,urdu and many other tongues before they can be taught english sotonandproud
  • Score: 0

8:56pm Sun 17 Jun 12

The Salv says...

sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
Exactley, spot on, everybody knows this.
[quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]Exactley, spot on, everybody knows this. The Salv
  • Score: 0

9:03pm Sun 17 Jun 12

The Salv says...

British asian wrote:
Silly boy referring to you "the salve"
Are you one of the racist shovanistic bigoted **** taxi drivers that regularely submit my girlfriend and her friends to racist and sexist abuse? I also remember that pakistani taxi driver caught on cctv camera in cab subjecting 3 oap women to abusive behavior on the news a year ago.
[quote][p][bold]British asian[/bold] wrote: Silly boy referring to you "the salve"[/p][/quote]Are you one of the racist shovanistic bigoted **** taxi drivers that regularely submit my girlfriend and her friends to racist and sexist abuse? I also remember that pakistani taxi driver caught on cctv camera in cab subjecting 3 oap women to abusive behavior on the news a year ago. The Salv
  • Score: 0

9:05pm Sun 17 Jun 12

The Salv says...

Lone Ranger. wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them.
.
Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion
Because they cant speak English you richard.
[quote][p][bold]Lone Ranger.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them. . Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion[/p][/quote]Because they cant speak English you richard. The Salv
  • Score: 0

12:15am Mon 18 Jun 12

sass says...

The Salv wrote:
Lone Ranger. wrote:
The Salv wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them. . Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion
Because they cant speak English you richard.
Going by the standards here for grammar, punctuation and spelling neither can most of you Brit oiks.

The word is spelled chauvanistic.
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lone Ranger.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them. . Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion[/p][/quote]Because they cant speak English you richard.[/p][/quote]Going by the standards here for grammar, punctuation and spelling neither can most of you Brit oiks. The word is spelled chauvanistic. sass
  • Score: 0

9:36am Mon 18 Jun 12

Lone Ranger. says...

The Salv wrote:
Lone Ranger. wrote:
The Salv wrote:
Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.
How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them.
.
Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion
Because they cant speak English you richard.
Oh i suggest you read your own post ......... It clearly states "SEE" not HEARD ........... So how do you know they cant speak English ......... Youre the richard
[quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lone Ranger.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Salv[/bold] wrote: Most cabbies I see in Southampton are immigrants. They drive as if they were in their home country too, really dangerously.[/p][/quote]How do you know that they are immigrants if you "see" them. . Judging by the colour of their skin is somewhat foolish and leaves you open to your usual biased opinion[/p][/quote]Because they cant speak English you richard.[/p][/quote]Oh i suggest you read your own post ......... It clearly states "SEE" not HEARD ........... So how do you know they cant speak English ......... Youre the richard Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

11:45am Mon 18 Jun 12

Georgem says...

sotonandproud wrote:
Georgem wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
jonnyx wrote:
sotonandproud wrote:
even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it
it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.
wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.
Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic.
thats because our children have to learn polish, romanian, latvian, hindu,urdu and many other tongues before they can be taught english
Yes, I'm sure Southampton is just teeming with primary school kids that can speak upwards of 5 foreign languages.
[quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jonnyx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sotonandproud[/bold] wrote: even these so called immigrants cant make a living as cabbies. Thats why their taking over every shell petrol station. And lets be honest being a cabbie is a nearly all cash business makes you think doesnt it[/p][/quote]it clearly doesn't make you think you racist p***ck.[/p][/quote]wouldnt say i was a racist p**ck but im not dyslexic either you prat theres only 5 letters not 6 in p**ck obviously schooled in a diffrent country.[/p][/quote]Yep. The UK has zero illiteracy. Fantastic.[/p][/quote]thats because our children have to learn polish, romanian, latvian, hindu,urdu and many other tongues before they can be taught english[/p][/quote]Yes, I'm sure Southampton is just teeming with primary school kids that can speak upwards of 5 foreign languages. Georgem
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree