When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
List of where the axe will fall in council cuts
7:32am Tuesday 13th November 2012 in News
LABOUR'S BUDGET AT A GLANCE
Where will the axe fall? (annual savings and job cuts)
- Sure Start children’s centres, £1m, 12 jobs
- Our House residential children’s home to close £788,000, 22 jobs
- Children’s service support and management roles £1.15m, 36 jobs
- Youth service slashed £765,000, 29 jobs
- Free parking in district centres axed
- 10% pensioner discount scrapped
- Weekly bin collections axed £834,000, 12 jobs
- Archaeology unit closed, 10 jobs
- Library hours cut £303,000, 18 jobs
- Parks and grounds maintenance cut £697,000, 18 jobs
- Street cleaning cut £482,000, 13 jobs
- Mayor’s number plate for sale, £100,000 - for more click here
How you will pay more?
- £30 for a first resident parking permit
- New evening parking charges to raise £500,000
- New charges for green waste Fees for burials, cremations, pest control up 5%
- Council tax up 2%
Comments are closed on this article.