Asbestos exposure

First published in News

A RETIRED mechanic was
found to have suffered
exposure to asbestos
during his working life, an
inquest heard.
Brian Waters, of Beech
Crescent, Hythe, had
developed lung conditions
caused by contact with the
lethal material.
He was exposed to
asbestos when he handled
brake linings for Calor Gas,
Southampton Coroner’s
Court heard.
The 85-year-old had also
developed asthma, lung
cancer, pneumonia and
problems with his heart.
He died at Oakhaven
Hospice in Lymington on
January 18 this year.
A verdict of death from
natural causes contributed
to by asbestos exposure
was recorded.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree