When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Doctor attacked as she treats 'injured' man near Southampton General Hospital
A DOCTOR was assaulted as she went to the aid of a man she thought was injured.
The doctor was making her way home along Olive Road after work at Southampton General Hospital, when she saw a man crouching down in undergrowth who appeared to be hurt.
When the woman went to help him the man demanded money, punched her and began struggling with her.
The woman managed to fight him off and escape following the attack that happened between 8.45pm and 9.15pm on Monday.
Police believe the motivation for the attack appears to have been an attempt to steal money rather than sexual.
They have now urged the man to give himself up.
He is described as:
- Pale complexion
- Aged early 20's
- About 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins tall
- Slim build
- Dark hair with a short fringe sticking out from underneath the hood (length and style not seen as male's hood was up)
- He had a mildly pointed chin and was clean shaven
- He was wearing a light coloured hooded top, possible pale grey or dirty white, with three dark coloured letters across the front chest area and a large pocket at the bottom across the stomach area, the same colour as the top.
- He was also wearing dark blue or black trousers, and light coloured shoes.
- He spoke with a mild Scottish accent.
Anyone with information can contact Hampshire police on 101.
Comments are closed on this article.