Seven jailed in huge drugs operation

Simon Simpson

Ryan Poole

Jake Newson

Robert Guilfoyle

Sonny Elms

Dale Carrol

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Crime Reporter

SEVEN members of a nationwide drugs ring that brought crack cocaine and heroin to the streets of Southampton have been jailed for a total of 19 years.

More than 100 officers across the UK busted the major drugs operation that saw the seven arrested and charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs across the south, including Hampshire, Dorset and Cornwall.

Today at Newport Crown Court, gang leader Simon Simpson, from Greater Manchester, was hit with the longest sentence of six year and four months behind bars.

Troy Clack, 20, from Laundry Road, Southampton, was sentence to two years and four months, Robert Guilfoyle, 21, from Camborne, Cornwall, got two years, Dale Carroll, from Greater Manchester, got three years and four months and Ryan Poole, also from Greater Manchester received a three year sentence.

Jake Newson, 20, from Plymouth and Sonny Elms from Greater Manchester were both sentence to two years and four months behind bars.

Detective Sergeant Ross Toms of Hampshire Major Investigation Team said; “Today's sentencing should serve as a warning to others that drug dealers are not tolerated in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.

“We are committed to making the two counties a hostile environment for criminals, especially those who bring with them the kind of misery and additional crime that goes hand in hand with drugs and their supply.

“It took thorough and lengthy investigation to identifying this criminal gang, which had previously avoided detection by internally secreting Class A drugs when travelling from Manchester to the south coast. I sincerely hope the result we've seen today goes some way to reassure people living and working in the two counties that we take a hard line on drug dealing and will always push for conviction.”

Daily Echo: Troy Clack Troy Clack

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:54pm Fri 25 Jan 13

boobooj says...

Handsome devils aren't they?
Handsome devils aren't they? boobooj
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Fri 25 Jan 13

MisterGrimsdale says...

the bloke on the right looks like a human slug
the bloke on the right looks like a human slug MisterGrimsdale
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Fri 25 Jan 13

cliffwalker says...

I guess they had to take up a life of crime when they failed to get work as fashion models.
I guess they had to take up a life of crime when they failed to get work as fashion models. cliffwalker
  • Score: 0

5:56pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Sovietobserver says...

AAAAAAAAAND , once again the photos say it all !!!
AAAAAAAAAND , once again the photos say it all !!! Sovietobserver
  • Score: 0

6:00pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Pretty Boys looking smug after a term of Bird they will look more ugly!
Pretty Boys looking smug after a term of Bird they will look more ugly! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Fri 25 Jan 13

MGRA says...

I am shocked that the one on the right is not the gang leader, he looks like a brain surgeon or astronaut, surely he should have been in charge !!
I am shocked that the one on the right is not the gang leader, he looks like a brain surgeon or astronaut, surely he should have been in charge !! MGRA
  • Score: 0

8:44pm Fri 25 Jan 13

mickey01 says...

apart from the black bloke it looks like a photo shoot or shrek look a like
apart from the black bloke it looks like a photo shoot or shrek look a like mickey01
  • Score: 0

9:20pm Fri 25 Jan 13

elvisimo says...

Mastermind contestants.


Second thoughts



Thicko scum
Mastermind contestants. Second thoughts Thicko scum elvisimo
  • Score: 0

9:22pm Fri 25 Jan 13

costa gaz says...

Well done DS Ross Toms.
Well done DS Ross Toms. costa gaz
  • Score: 0

9:40pm Fri 25 Jan 13

southampton999 says...

The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'. southampton999
  • Score: 0

9:46pm Fri 25 Jan 13

elvisimo says...

southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
What you smokin?
[quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]What you smokin? elvisimo
  • Score: 0

9:50pm Fri 25 Jan 13

southampton999 says...

elvisimo wrote:
southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
What you smokin?
I don't smoke, I hate smoking!! I am merely a realist. Sorry to disappoint you!!!
[quote][p][bold]elvisimo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]What you smokin?[/p][/quote]I don't smoke, I hate smoking!! I am merely a realist. Sorry to disappoint you!!! southampton999
  • Score: 0

10:12pm Fri 25 Jan 13

richieroo says...

cliffwalker wrote:
I guess they had to take up a life of crime when they failed to get work as fashion models.
Crash test dummies maybe!!.
[quote][p][bold]cliffwalker[/bold] wrote: I guess they had to take up a life of crime when they failed to get work as fashion models.[/p][/quote]Crash test dummies maybe!!. richieroo
  • Score: 0

10:21pm Fri 25 Jan 13

David Icke says...

southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you.
[quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you. David Icke
  • Score: 0

10:35pm Fri 25 Jan 13

southampton999 says...

David Icke wrote:
southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you.
People caught smuggling, possessing, dealing would not be in prison, There are many alcoholics in the UK who do not fund their habit by breaking into peoples houses or mugging old ladies. What we have in the UK and many other countries are areas that are taken over by criminal gangs who thrive on the importation and distribution of drugs to society. These areas are full of criminals attracted to them who are committing crimes that are maybe not directly arttributal to drugs but are linked. Yes of course there would still be addicts but at least they would get clean drugs ie not drugs mixed with dubious agents, brick dust, bleach, talcum powder, rat poison etc etc etc. The drugs sold would be certified and taxed and some of the tax returned to society to treat addicts etc rather than finding its way into the hands of the drugs lords in Columbia etc. I absolutely agree with you that longterm drug use is bad for your health, however I would counter your argument by asking how many people are addicted to prescribed drugs?? Lots of people!! Ironically mant drug dealers do not have a drug problem, only their customers and it is hardly in their interest to wean them off drugs or supply them with the best quality available. Sadly the 'war on drugs' is unwinnable. Please tell me I am wrong and then explain how you would win the war!!
[quote][p][bold]David Icke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you.[/p][/quote]People caught smuggling, possessing, dealing would not be in prison, There are many alcoholics in the UK who do not fund their habit by breaking into peoples houses or mugging old ladies. What we have in the UK and many other countries are areas that are taken over by criminal gangs who thrive on the importation and distribution of drugs to society. These areas are full of criminals attracted to them who are committing crimes that are maybe not directly arttributal to drugs but are linked. Yes of course there would still be addicts but at least they would get clean drugs ie not drugs mixed with dubious agents, brick dust, bleach, talcum powder, rat poison etc etc etc. The drugs sold would be certified and taxed and some of the tax returned to society to treat addicts etc rather than finding its way into the hands of the drugs lords in Columbia etc. I absolutely agree with you that longterm drug use is bad for your health, however I would counter your argument by asking how many people are addicted to prescribed drugs?? Lots of people!! Ironically mant drug dealers do not have a drug problem, only their customers and it is hardly in their interest to wean them off drugs or supply them with the best quality available. Sadly the 'war on drugs' is unwinnable. Please tell me I am wrong and then explain how you would win the war!! southampton999
  • Score: 0

10:42pm Fri 25 Jan 13

kingnotail says...

southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
[quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website. kingnotail
  • Score: 0

10:45pm Fri 25 Jan 13

southampton999 says...

kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote:
The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Thank you!!!
[quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Thank you!!! southampton999
  • Score: 0

1:12am Sat 26 Jan 13

David Icke says...

southampton999 wrote:
David Icke wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you.
People caught smuggling, possessing, dealing would not be in prison, There are many alcoholics in the UK who do not fund their habit by breaking into peoples houses or mugging old ladies. What we have in the UK and many other countries are areas that are taken over by criminal gangs who thrive on the importation and distribution of drugs to society. These areas are full of criminals attracted to them who are committing crimes that are maybe not directly arttributal to drugs but are linked. Yes of course there would still be addicts but at least they would get clean drugs ie not drugs mixed with dubious agents, brick dust, bleach, talcum powder, rat poison etc etc etc. The drugs sold would be certified and taxed and some of the tax returned to society to treat addicts etc rather than finding its way into the hands of the drugs lords in Columbia etc. I absolutely agree with you that longterm drug use is bad for your health, however I would counter your argument by asking how many people are addicted to prescribed drugs?? Lots of people!! Ironically mant drug dealers do not have a drug problem, only their customers and it is hardly in their interest to wean them off drugs or supply them with the best quality available. Sadly the 'war on drugs' is unwinnable. Please tell me I am wrong and then explain how you would win the war!!
The war on drugs as i'm sure anyone in the forces knows is unwinnable but doesn't mean for one second they should just give up trying to reduce as much as possible the addicts, crime related incidents and victims, theft and sometimes murder that results from drug abuse. And as i said, the more number of drug users whether in prison or not, means more people doing whatever they can to get their next fix. Legalising drugs would not stop people being less addicted or reduce crime in these areas.

We could argue about what does the body more damage alcohol or illegal drugs, but we would only repeat what we have both read about in experiments and statistics and would get nowhere. All i can say is that i see drug users and alcoholics daily, and drugs have a more mental and physical long term effect both on it's users and it's consequences. Answering your question about prescribed drugs, it's not those that cause drug related crime as the doctors can combat the problem in many ways if that was the case. An amount of cocaine for example if you brought it legally would lead to more excess use, as,with anything, it's when you abuse it it's a problem. There would be no limits.

You answered your own question when you mentioned that crime and it's effects is far less likely with alcoholics who can basically buy a litre or two of cider for about a quid anyway and don't commit half as much crime as a psychotic long term drug user.
People who react badly and have low tolerance levels of drug taking ARE the minority that we hear about, but legalising would only increase the number still.
The more tolerant you are to drugs, the more you need next time. Even if there is an age limit if drugs were ever to be legalised this would not stop minors experimenting. If drug use does what it can do to to a grown adult can you imagine what could do to a young kid? or a group of them each encouraging the other to do more? As i said there there would be no limits.

If people did things in moderation there would be no problem but there will always be those that can't, and it's those that we have to worry about if it was in a no holds barred society. And quite frankly i find that very worrying.
[quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]David Icke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]How would the prisons be less full if it was legalised, which you assume would mean less addicts stealing or assaulting to feed their addiction locked up? If it was legalised do you not think this would mean a larger number of addicts committing various crimes and ending up in the same place? Please just take a look at the pictures above again and see exactly why drugs are illegal considering what long term drug abuse does to you.[/p][/quote]People caught smuggling, possessing, dealing would not be in prison, There are many alcoholics in the UK who do not fund their habit by breaking into peoples houses or mugging old ladies. What we have in the UK and many other countries are areas that are taken over by criminal gangs who thrive on the importation and distribution of drugs to society. These areas are full of criminals attracted to them who are committing crimes that are maybe not directly arttributal to drugs but are linked. Yes of course there would still be addicts but at least they would get clean drugs ie not drugs mixed with dubious agents, brick dust, bleach, talcum powder, rat poison etc etc etc. The drugs sold would be certified and taxed and some of the tax returned to society to treat addicts etc rather than finding its way into the hands of the drugs lords in Columbia etc. I absolutely agree with you that longterm drug use is bad for your health, however I would counter your argument by asking how many people are addicted to prescribed drugs?? Lots of people!! Ironically mant drug dealers do not have a drug problem, only their customers and it is hardly in their interest to wean them off drugs or supply them with the best quality available. Sadly the 'war on drugs' is unwinnable. Please tell me I am wrong and then explain how you would win the war!![/p][/quote]The war on drugs as i'm sure anyone in the forces knows is unwinnable but doesn't mean for one second they should just give up trying to reduce as much as possible the addicts, crime related incidents and victims, theft and sometimes murder that results from drug abuse. And as i said, the more number of drug users whether in prison or not, means more people doing whatever they can to get their next fix. Legalising drugs would not stop people being less addicted or reduce crime in these areas. We could argue about what does the body more damage alcohol or illegal drugs, but we would only repeat what we have both read about in experiments and statistics and would get nowhere. All i can say is that i see drug users and alcoholics daily, and drugs have a more mental and physical long term effect both on it's users and it's consequences. Answering your question about prescribed drugs, it's not those that cause drug related crime as the doctors can combat the problem in many ways if that was the case. An amount of cocaine for example if you brought it legally would lead to more excess use, as,with anything, it's when you abuse it it's a problem. There would be no limits. You answered your own question when you mentioned that crime and it's effects is far less likely with alcoholics who can basically buy a litre or two of cider for about a quid anyway and don't commit half as much crime as a psychotic long term drug user. People who react badly and have low tolerance levels of drug taking ARE the minority that we hear about, but legalising would only increase the number still. The more tolerant you are to drugs, the more you need next time. Even if there is an age limit if drugs were ever to be legalised this would not stop minors experimenting. If drug use does what it can do to to a grown adult can you imagine what could do to a young kid? or a group of them each encouraging the other to do more? As i said there there would be no limits. If people did things in moderation there would be no problem but there will always be those that can't, and it's those that we have to worry about if it was in a no holds barred society. And quite frankly i find that very worrying. David Icke
  • Score: 0

11:02am Sat 26 Jan 13

Subject48 says...

David Icke says...
1:12am Sat 26 Jan 13

You see, the problem is, kids will get their drugs ANYWAY from drug dealers who will often rob them, encourage them to buy different drugs, rip them off etc. There is no control mechanism in place at all. Same goes for adults, casual and heavy users.

I believe what my friend is trying to say is that some degree of control producing its own revenue which is then pumped back into the system is better then no control at all. This only supplies revenue to criminals.

To put it simply, it is a lesser of two evils. Its just logic.

Drug outlets would have staff trained to counsel users and encourage them to stop rather then push poor quality drugs on them knowing they will be back for more by the end of the day.

From what I hear cocaine on the streets these days is only about 20% pure if you are lucky.
David Icke says... 1:12am Sat 26 Jan 13 You see, the problem is, kids will get their drugs ANYWAY from drug dealers who will often rob them, encourage them to buy different drugs, rip them off etc. There is no control mechanism in place at all. Same goes for adults, casual and heavy users. I believe what my friend is trying to say is that some degree of control producing its own revenue which is then pumped back into the system is better then no control at all. This only supplies revenue to criminals. To put it simply, it is a lesser of two evils. Its just logic. Drug outlets would have staff trained to counsel users and encourage them to stop rather then push poor quality drugs on them knowing they will be back for more by the end of the day. From what I hear cocaine on the streets these days is only about 20% pure if you are lucky. Subject48
  • Score: 0

12:13pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Pikey-Biker says...

kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs
[quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs Pikey-Biker
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Sat 26 Jan 13

kingnotail says...

****-Biker wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs
And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.
[quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs[/p][/quote]And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began. kingnotail
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Sat 26 Jan 13

kingnotail says...

kingnotail wrote:
****-Biker wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs
And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.
And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs.
[quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs[/p][/quote]And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.[/p][/quote]And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs. kingnotail
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Pikey-Biker says...

I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough
I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough Pikey-Biker
  • Score: 0

1:57pm Sat 26 Jan 13

southampton999 says...

****-Biker wrote:
I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough
The battle is more than a little tough and is a waste of time, As Mr Icke has also mentioned. Drugs are rife in society and whatever objections you may have moral or legal are objections that are shared by many people. However the fact remains that drugs can be dangerous and are currently controlled by criminals and their gangs who use their prrofits from drugs in other illegal activities. If the drug supply was controlled by the authorities then quality would be consistent and safe after all most drugs on the street either have direct or indirect equivalents used every day by the NHS. Money earned in tax could and should be used to assist addicts (who will be addicts whether the drugs were legally sourced or illegally sourced) in managing their addiction. The space freed up in our prisons could then be used to lock up robbers, villains etc who currently are finding it very difficult to be locked up and removed from society!! The income would be taken from the criminal gangs who have the ability to use their money, power and influence to make many peoples lives hell.One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight!
[quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough[/p][/quote]The battle is more than a little tough and is a waste of time, As Mr Icke has also mentioned. Drugs are rife in society and whatever objections you may have moral or legal are objections that are shared by many people. However the fact remains that drugs can be dangerous and are currently controlled by criminals and their gangs who use their prrofits from drugs in other illegal activities. If the drug supply was controlled by the authorities then quality would be consistent and safe after all most drugs on the street either have direct or indirect equivalents used every day by the NHS. Money earned in tax could and should be used to assist addicts (who will be addicts whether the drugs were legally sourced or illegally sourced) in managing their addiction. The space freed up in our prisons could then be used to lock up robbers, villains etc who currently are finding it very difficult to be locked up and removed from society!! The income would be taken from the criminal gangs who have the ability to use their money, power and influence to make many peoples lives hell.One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight! southampton999
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Pikey-Biker says...

“One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight!”

Apart from the 1990/91 season which showed a noticeable decline but that could be down more to the Hillsborough stadium disaster and the resulting report by Lord Taylor, your statement is a little thin on facts
“One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight!” Apart from the 1990/91 season which showed a noticeable decline but that could be down more to the Hillsborough stadium disaster and the resulting report by Lord Taylor, your statement is a little thin on facts Pikey-Biker
  • Score: 0

4:21pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Pikey-Biker says...

kingnotail wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
****-Biker wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs
And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.
And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs.
like any major city, Southampton is no different
[quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs[/p][/quote]And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.[/p][/quote]And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs.[/p][/quote]like any major city, Southampton is no different Pikey-Biker
  • Score: 0

10:43pm Sat 26 Jan 13

David Icke says...

Subject48 wrote:
David Icke says... 1:12am Sat 26 Jan 13 You see, the problem is, kids will get their drugs ANYWAY from drug dealers who will often rob them, encourage them to buy different drugs, rip them off etc. There is no control mechanism in place at all. Same goes for adults, casual and heavy users. I believe what my friend is trying to say is that some degree of control producing its own revenue which is then pumped back into the system is better then no control at all. This only supplies revenue to criminals. To put it simply, it is a lesser of two evils. Its just logic. Drug outlets would have staff trained to counsel users and encourage them to stop rather then push poor quality drugs on them knowing they will be back for more by the end of the day. From what I hear cocaine on the streets these days is only about 20% pure if you are lucky.
Revenue from drug legislation would be the least of societies worries if it were ever to happen, but as we're on the subject, have you not heard of corrupt government and mafia type involved police forces that have a hand in the running of certain countries due to the vast amount of money that is already being made from illegal drug related crime? Do you really think people in positions of power are whiter than white? (No pun meant).

Maybe i am going a bit too far here,as it's the larger countries with already high crime statistics that this happens, but where there's money to be made there will be crime anywhere.

Of course some degree of control is better than none at all, but If the only reason people think legalising drugs is okay is because they would make enough money back to counteract the problems it causes, then that's ridiculous.

Certain addicts today who have been arrested after committing a crime now have a choice of going to prison or going to regular trained councelling sessions to prove they want to change their ways and get rehabilitated. What do you guess most of them choose?
The people you talk of who counsel users and encourage them to stop using already have a hell of a job, what chance would addicts have with the temptation of a society legally selling it to them every day?

From what i hear, the more inland cities have more chance of selling less pure drugs as by then more people have got their hands on it and mixed it to go further, and places like Southampton on the outskirts of mainland Britain is therefore more cleaner as it's closer to the ports and 'fresher'. But as you said, this is just what people hear.
[quote][p][bold]Subject48[/bold] wrote: David Icke says... 1:12am Sat 26 Jan 13 You see, the problem is, kids will get their drugs ANYWAY from drug dealers who will often rob them, encourage them to buy different drugs, rip them off etc. There is no control mechanism in place at all. Same goes for adults, casual and heavy users. I believe what my friend is trying to say is that some degree of control producing its own revenue which is then pumped back into the system is better then no control at all. This only supplies revenue to criminals. To put it simply, it is a lesser of two evils. Its just logic. Drug outlets would have staff trained to counsel users and encourage them to stop rather then push poor quality drugs on them knowing they will be back for more by the end of the day. From what I hear cocaine on the streets these days is only about 20% pure if you are lucky.[/p][/quote]Revenue from drug legislation would be the least of societies worries if it were ever to happen, but as we're on the subject, have you not heard of corrupt government and mafia type involved police forces that have a hand in the running of certain countries due to the vast amount of money that is already being made from illegal drug related crime? Do you really think people in positions of power are whiter than white? (No pun meant). Maybe i am going a bit too far here,as it's the larger countries with already high crime statistics that this happens, but where there's money to be made there will be crime anywhere. Of course some degree of control is better than none at all, but If the only reason people think legalising drugs is okay is because they would make enough money back to counteract the problems it causes, then that's ridiculous. Certain addicts today who have been arrested after committing a crime now have a choice of going to prison or going to regular trained councelling sessions to prove they want to change their ways and get rehabilitated. What do you guess most of them choose? The people you talk of who counsel users and encourage them to stop using already have a hell of a job, what chance would addicts have with the temptation of a society legally selling it to them every day? From what i hear, the more inland cities have more chance of selling less pure drugs as by then more people have got their hands on it and mixed it to go further, and places like Southampton on the outskirts of mainland Britain is therefore more cleaner as it's closer to the ports and 'fresher'. But as you said, this is just what people hear. David Icke
  • Score: 0

10:46pm Sat 26 Jan 13

David Icke says...

southampton999 wrote:
****-Biker wrote: I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough
The battle is more than a little tough and is a waste of time, As Mr Icke has also mentioned. Drugs are rife in society and whatever objections you may have moral or legal are objections that are shared by many people. However the fact remains that drugs can be dangerous and are currently controlled by criminals and their gangs who use their prrofits from drugs in other illegal activities. If the drug supply was controlled by the authorities then quality would be consistent and safe after all most drugs on the street either have direct or indirect equivalents used every day by the NHS. Money earned in tax could and should be used to assist addicts (who will be addicts whether the drugs were legally sourced or illegally sourced) in managing their addiction. The space freed up in our prisons could then be used to lock up robbers, villains etc who currently are finding it very difficult to be locked up and removed from society!! The income would be taken from the criminal gangs who have the ability to use their money, power and influence to make many peoples lives hell.One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight!
I think you'll find i didn't say anything about it being a waste of time at all.
[quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: I am aware it isn't but I am not going to give in just because the battle is a little tough[/p][/quote]The battle is more than a little tough and is a waste of time, As Mr Icke has also mentioned. Drugs are rife in society and whatever objections you may have moral or legal are objections that are shared by many people. However the fact remains that drugs can be dangerous and are currently controlled by criminals and their gangs who use their prrofits from drugs in other illegal activities. If the drug supply was controlled by the authorities then quality would be consistent and safe after all most drugs on the street either have direct or indirect equivalents used every day by the NHS. Money earned in tax could and should be used to assist addicts (who will be addicts whether the drugs were legally sourced or illegally sourced) in managing their addiction. The space freed up in our prisons could then be used to lock up robbers, villains etc who currently are finding it very difficult to be locked up and removed from society!! The income would be taken from the criminal gangs who have the ability to use their money, power and influence to make many peoples lives hell.One interesting point regarding drugs is that at the end of the 1980's early 1990's when the police turned a 'blind eye' to MDMA use amongst football hooligans the hooliganism stopped dead in its tracks!! They were too busy 'loving' each other to fight![/p][/quote]I think you'll find i didn't say anything about it being a waste of time at all. David Icke
  • Score: 0

10:58pm Sat 26 Jan 13

David Icke says...

Also, do you know what's worse than someone who's drunk?

It's someone who's been mixing their alcohol with drugs.
Also, do you know what's worse than someone who's drunk? It's someone who's been mixing their alcohol with drugs. David Icke
  • Score: 0

12:00am Mon 28 Jan 13

kingnotail says...

****-Biker wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
****-Biker wrote:
kingnotail wrote:
southampton999 wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.
Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.
Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs
And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.
And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs.
like any major city, Southampton is no different
Keep telling yourself that. I've seen things in Southampton that would make the worst parts of London, Manchester and Glasgow blush.
[quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southampton999[/bold] wrote: The sooner they legalise drugs the better society will be. The government will control it, tax it and users will be able to buy drugs that haven't passed through the hands of the scumbags in this article. They will NEVER win the war on drugs as it is far too lucrative for criminal gangs and the police will never have the resources to stop it. The prisons would be half empty as half of the inmates are in there for offences linked to drugs either dealing, possession or offences linked to addiction (theft, burglary etc). Most of the media, politicians, police officers have taken drugs either in the past or currently . Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the UK today but it is taxed and encouraged. Alcohol kills far more people that drugs ever would. I am sure that many other readers will disagree strongly with this post and I totally understand where they are coming from. But the facts remain that there are NO countries on the planet who have won the war on drugs and never will. There is a whole underclass in the country involved in drugs supply and use. Criminalising these people merely marginalises them further making it more difficult for them to become useful members of society and some even wear their drug use as a 'badge of honour'.[/p][/quote]Very well said. The most sensible comment I have ever read on this website.[/p][/quote]Oh No Mr “I hate Southampton and Hampshire” also wants to legalise Class A drugs[/p][/quote]And? The 'war on drugs' was lost before it even began.[/p][/quote]And it definitely isn't being won in 'wonderful' Southampton - this place is rife with class A drugs.[/p][/quote]like any major city, Southampton is no different[/p][/quote]Keep telling yourself that. I've seen things in Southampton that would make the worst parts of London, Manchester and Glasgow blush. kingnotail
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree