A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- WATCH: Fareham office staff celebrate Red Nose Day
- Man who 'hears voices telling him to kill people' jailed for attempted GBH
- Headteachers meet MPs over school funding fears
- Bid to ban plastic bottles from town
- First look at plans for new hotel
- Airfield’s centenary celebrations are cleared for take off
- Tom finds perfect match in pioneering three-way transplant pairing
- Civic chiefs looking to develop new arts centre