A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- New local TV channel takes to the air
- Helicopter engine firm to axe 56 jobs
- Work begins on controversial supermarket
- More power to drivers as another charge point opens
- End of cheap gun licenses could raise £500,000 for county's police force
- Fire at thatched house
- Report reveals shocking state of country's chalk streams
- Police to teach Hampshire pupils about threat of radicalisation