A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Rose Road charity to close its shops
- Man falls from church bell tower trying to put clock forward
- M27 CRASH: Witness appeal from police after fatal collision and fire
- M27 CRASH: 'Disaster response plans needed' in wake of major crash
- Mystery surrounds the death of a badly injured baby with 'blunt force' injuries
- Car destroyed in fire at caravan park
- Flat fire leaves woman with breathing problems
- Mother's desperate plea for missing son to come home