A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Hampshire man found safe and well
- Police appeal for information on missing Hampshire man
- Firefighters tackle gorse fire in Hampshire
- Hampshire village hall to host World War One talk
- Killer flees to Southampton after being freed from prison after manslaughter of Bond-girl wife
- UPDATE: Police confirm body found is that of missing man Kieran Smith
- Who's hot in 2015: Ten Hampshire music acts you should take notice of
- Time running out for residents to have say on 3,500-home development in Hampshire