A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Motorcyclist killed in crash
- Brazen women steal TVs from supermarket
- Don't let thieves ruin your Christmas walk
- South least worried about Christmas debt
- Meals on Wheels available this Christmas
- Young woman fights off attacker
- Motorway delays in morning rush hour
- WIN! A selection of the year's best DVDs