A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Solar farm construction begins
- Four arrests after burglars tie up victims in multiple raids
- 12,000 council staff to be offered redundancy to plug £90m gap
- Pensioner with dementia admits killing wife
- Indian summer continues in Hampshire
- Legal action threat if overstretched police officers injured on duty
- Grandmother and child escape 'faulty' car fireball
- New town plan has flaws say campaigners