A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Road closed after accident
- Autism-friendly art gallery opens in Hampshire
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist fights for life after four bike crash
- Investigation launched after Hampshire GP dies suddenly aged just 46
- Hundreds line streets to see renowned horse fair
- PICTURES: Thousands descend on Wickham horse fair
- Hampshire fire service shells out nearly £1m in sick pay - as it faces £12.2m in cuts
- Building firm pledges support for Hampshire hospice