A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Cheaper to call Hampshire County Council
- LIVE REVIEW: Gerard Way at the O2 Guildhall Southampton
- Council to try and push ahead with 6,000 home plan despite criticism
- Funeral for man who went missing in Prague after stag do
- Focus on growth in key South Coast Business Works 2015 speech
- Coach firm invests more than £2m into its frontline fleet
- Rail delays after staff member hurt at station
- Serial sex pest hunted after exposing himself to schoolgirl