A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Grandmother and child escape 'faulty' car fireball
- New town plan has flaws say campaigners
- Denials that plans for 6,000 homes are 'unaffordable'
- Joint attack on plans for 6,000 new homes
- Boss finds stowaways while unloading lorry
- 'Ambitions' of developers called into question over 6,000 home plans
- £1.5m revamp of Fareham runway will help boost region's economy
- Controversial hotel at Ageas Bowl on target to open in the Spring