A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Paralympians go for GB glory in Rio 2016
- Charges introduced to dump waste at recycling centres
- Rush hour delays on Hampshire's motorways
- Government scheme helps thousands of families get on housing ladder
- A-LEVELS: Find out how Hampshire's students got on
- A-LEVEL RESULTS: Clearing information and how Hampshire's schools did
- Council put safety of vulnerable people at risk by leaving their personal details in building
- PHOTOS: Record crowds enjoy rock legends at Wickham Festival