When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Smoke alarm saves man from house fire
Updated 8:32am Thursday 31st January 2013 in News
A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Major rush hour delays after motorway crash
- Police hunting burglars after shop raid
- Takeaway chain is moving into Hampshire
- Driver killed in road smash
- Town one of the most car dependent in the UK
- £5m boost for submarines in Hampshire
- Coach up for ‘hero’ award
- Work begins on new coastguard centre
Comments are closed on this article.