A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Southampton snapped from space by Tim Peake
- Elections 2016: Hampshire heads to the polls
- UPDATE: Hunt for two men after suspected acid attack
- Elections 2016: Fareham candidates
- Motorcyclist dies in accident
- Elections 2016: Housing and controversial development on the Fareham agenda
- Snow falls on Hampshire - in April
- Was Shakespeare's visit to Hampshire fact or fiction?