A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Police to teach Hampshire pupils about threat of radicalisation
- Hunt for burglars who fled with cash and jewellery
- Arches sold at auction
- 'We're just waiting' says fiancée of man missing in Prague
- Family of dad missing during stag do in Prague to make TV appeal
- Two taken to hospital after crash
- Delays as lorry sheds bricks over road
- Cabbie stabbed for 'not saying please'