A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- New village development in line to receive Hampshire's first new rail station in 25 years
- Hunt for flytippers who dumped 'enormous' pile of junk
- NHS GP practice sets up a private service - by paying up to £145 to jump the queue
- Government boost for new 'garden village' Welborne
- Learner drivers set to be allowed onto Hampshire motorways
- Police arrest two men after knifepoint robberies of taxi drivers
- PHOTOS: Thousands of shoppers cash in on Southampton's Boxing Day sales bonanza
- Police alerted after body of man found in park