Eastleigh by-election: UKIP vow to make it a four-way fight

Daily Echo: UKIP leader Nigel Farage speaks with a market trader in Eastleigh this morning UKIP leader Nigel Farage speaks with a market trader in Eastleigh this morning

UKIP leader Nigel Farage today pledged to make the Eastleigh by-election a four-way marginal fight and said his party's number one issue will be immigration.

Kicking off the party's campaign in the Hampshire seat vacated by Chris Huhne's resignation for pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice, Mr Farage said: "Our number one issue is that this country faces a second massive migratory wave "We have nothing against people from Bulgaria and Romania, we wish then well, but we cannot think it's right this country has a total open door policy."

He said the pressure on housing, education and services from immigration "poses a major problem" for the country, especially if people from other countries claim benefits.

Citizens from Romania and Bulgaria will have full movement rights across Europe from 2014.

He also said that the other parties were ignoring the issue of immigration.

"I'm always confident when UKIP is on the ballot paper," Mr Farage said.

"If we can rally our support like we have in the last three by-elections in Rotherham, in Middlesbrough and in Corby then this seat could become a four-way marginal."

He did admit that the Liberal Democrats have the advantage in the constituency but he added that he was "delighted" that the Tory candidate, Maria Hutchings, is Eurosceptic.

Mr Farage also called the EU budget reduction negotiated by Prime Minister David Cameron as "a rotten deal for Britain".

"If you go and knock on 100 doors here in Eastleigh and tell them that they will Pay £50 million a day to Europe for the next seven years they will think that's not a good deal."

He also said that "the years of mockery and derision" for the party were over since he had been UKIP's first ever candidate in another Eastleigh by-election in 1994 - coming second to last and just in front of the Monster Raving Loony Party.

"The whole tenor of the debate in this country has changed since then, it's now an in/out debate on Europe," he said He explained that in Eastleigh the party would also be campaigning on how a EU subsidy that Britain had put money into had allowed Ford to close its Transit van factory nearby.

But Mr Farage added he would not be standing in the by-election and denied it was because of Mr Cameron's EU referendum promise.

"Good God no," the MEP said. "I do not think a vague promise of a referendum five years from now is a reason for not standing.

"The reason is simple: I am leading this party into the local elections in England and then the European elections and thirdly, it's quite busy in Brussels and I need to be there.

Mr Farage said that the party now had good candidates and denied it was just a one-man party and that he was that man.

"If we went into Eastleigh and asked people to name four front bench Labour politicians they couldn't," he claimed.

He said the party now had a shortlist of five candidates that the local branch would choose tomorrow with the candidate unveiled in Eastleigh on Tuesday morning.

Labour have also started campaigning in the constituency with Southampton Itchen MP John Denham campaigning in the town with activists but the party has not yet picked a candidate.

The Liberal Democrats, who held the seat in the 2010 General Election with a majority of 3,684, will announce their candidate for the February 28 poll tonight.

Comments (73)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:34pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

"He did admit that the Liberal Democrats have the advantage in the constituency"

Seriously? Who on earth would still vote for that lot after their vile duplicity?

UKIP are still a joke though.

Unlikely though it is, I really hope Independent candidates start taking more seats. The party system has demonstrably failed.
"He did admit that the Liberal Democrats have the advantage in the constituency" Seriously? Who on earth would still vote for that lot after their vile duplicity? UKIP are still a joke though. Unlikely though it is, I really hope Independent candidates start taking more seats. The party system has demonstrably failed. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Sat 9 Feb 13

upwherewebelong says...

I think it is a bit patronising of Mr Farage to say people in Eastleigh couldn't name 4 Labour front benchers.

Here are 4 I can think of without trying to hard.

Twigg - Education
Balls - Shadow Chancellor
Miliband Ed - Leader
Harriet Harman.

I think Farage is a muppet.
I think it is a bit patronising of Mr Farage to say people in Eastleigh couldn't name 4 Labour front benchers. Here are 4 I can think of without trying to hard. Twigg - Education Balls - Shadow Chancellor Miliband Ed - Leader Harriet Harman. I think Farage is a muppet. upwherewebelong
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Sat 9 Feb 13

MGRA says...

this is not and never will be a 4 hourse race... its between the tories and the Lim Dems... There are enough stupid people in Eastleigh to make this status quo remain. I will be voting for an independent..... if there is one who is not deranged, if not I will draw a p3n1s on the ballot paper and write "good ridance Mr Huhne" on it.
this is not and never will be a 4 hourse race... its between the tories and the Lim Dems... There are enough stupid people in Eastleigh to make this status quo remain. I will be voting for an independent..... if there is one who is not deranged, if not I will draw a p3n1s on the ballot paper and write "good ridance Mr Huhne" on it. MGRA
  • Score: 0

12:57pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Paramjit Bahia says...

By dividing Tory vote UKIP could be NuLabour's saviour.

But NuLabour appears to be its own worse enemy.

Unlike Tories who were well prepared NuLabour leadership appear to have kept on enjoying their sleep.

If they still have not got candidate in place they may be leaving bit too late.

With his past connection with Eastleigh former Labour candidate Alan Lloyd may be the only right person. Because he is not contaminated with Blairism has massive experience as County and City councillor, is famous for helping people, cares for environment and is opposed to cuts and on top of all that is life long supporter of NHS.

Although NuLabour has left announcing the candidate bit too late, with Alan already known to many in Easteligh they may be able to make up for that lost time.

As John Denham is man with exceptional political instinct I am bit surprised that he has not used his close links with Milliband and influence upon others to get Alan Lloyd selected as candidate.
By dividing Tory vote UKIP could be NuLabour's saviour. But NuLabour appears to be its own worse enemy. Unlike Tories who were well prepared NuLabour leadership appear to have kept on enjoying their sleep. If they still have not got candidate in place they may be leaving bit too late. With his past connection with Eastleigh former Labour candidate Alan Lloyd may be the only right person. Because he is not contaminated with Blairism has massive experience as County and City councillor, is famous for helping people, cares for environment and is opposed to cuts and on top of all that is life long supporter of NHS. Although NuLabour has left announcing the candidate bit too late, with Alan already known to many in Easteligh they may be able to make up for that lost time. As John Denham is man with exceptional political instinct I am bit surprised that he has not used his close links with Milliband and influence upon others to get Alan Lloyd selected as candidate. Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

1:43pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.
The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Sat 9 Feb 13

coolnesscoolness says...

UKIP are the only way forward

Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK:

http://epetitions.di
rect.gov.uk/petition
s/41492
UKIP are the only way forward Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK: http://epetitions.di rect.gov.uk/petition s/41492 coolnesscoolness
  • Score: 0

2:18pm Sat 9 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

MGRA wrote:
this is not and never will be a 4 hourse race... its between the tories and the Lim Dems... There are enough stupid people in Eastleigh to make this status quo remain. I will be voting for an independent..... if there is one who is not deranged, if not I will draw a p3n1s on the ballot paper and write "good ridance Mr Huhne" on it.
I reckon you should stand for the Common Sense and Honesty Party, you would walk it.
[quote][p][bold]MGRA[/bold] wrote: this is not and never will be a 4 hourse race... its between the tories and the Lim Dems... There are enough stupid people in Eastleigh to make this status quo remain. I will be voting for an independent..... if there is one who is not deranged, if not I will draw a p3n1s on the ballot paper and write "good ridance Mr Huhne" on it.[/p][/quote]I reckon you should stand for the Common Sense and Honesty Party, you would walk it. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Sat 9 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

If not MGRA then Sandra Gidley to stand and exact revenge on the Tories! Not that I care much, all MP's seem to be of the same persuasion, wouldn't matter who got in.
If not MGRA then Sandra Gidley to stand and exact revenge on the Tories! Not that I care much, all MP's seem to be of the same persuasion, wouldn't matter who got in. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:23pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Time for a sea change in politics. A vote for Lib/Lab/Con is a vote for more of the EU, more uncontrolled immigration and less self determination. A vote for UKIP is a vote for a Party that wants to see an exit from the money squandering EU, a return of autonomy, a return of democracy, and and control over our borders. I will be voting UKIP.
Time for a sea change in politics. A vote for Lib/Lab/Con is a vote for more of the EU, more uncontrolled immigration and less self determination. A vote for UKIP is a vote for a Party that wants to see an exit from the money squandering EU, a return of autonomy, a return of democracy, and and control over our borders. I will be voting UKIP. sam1970
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Sat 9 Feb 13

arthur dalyrimple says...

nigel porridge is full of it.
nigel porridge is full of it. arthur dalyrimple
  • Score: 0

2:53pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader.

e.g. http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab
Ts
Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader. e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts sam1970
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Sat 9 Feb 13

pjl20 says...

Why are UKIP 'a joke' canthinkofone? (first comment above)

We claimed 22% of the vote and came second in Rotherham, South Yorkshire only a few weeks back. This beat the Tories and the Lib Dems in a Labour stronghold.
Why are UKIP 'a joke' canthinkofone? (first comment above) We claimed 22% of the vote and came second in Rotherham, South Yorkshire only a few weeks back. This beat the Tories and the Lib Dems in a Labour stronghold. pjl20
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Dresnez says...

Nigel Farage states 'he added that he was "delighted" that the Tory candidate, Maria Hutchings, is Eurosceptic.'

Well he would be wouldn't he.

All the comments in the Daily Telegraph noted that she is spouting UKIP policies and not Tory ones.

So what exactly does she stand for. What does she actually believe in. Well that is hard to say since she apparently was a lifelong LABOUR supporter that has defected to the TORY Party at the time when the Labour party became more like the Tories under Blair. She is now spouting UKIP policies which is a far right wing party.

I would suggest she is prepared to say anything to gain the seat. Self interest?

Nigel Farage, Well I note for all his anti EU rhetoric, he is not prepared to give up his MEP role

European Union decision to forbid MEPs from holding a dual mandate, if he were to be elected to the House of Commons, he would have to resign his seat as MEP.


In May 2009, The Guardian reported that Farage had said in a speech to the Foreign Press Association that over ten years as a Member of the European Parliament he received £2 million of taxpayers' money in staff, travel, and other expenses on top of his £64,000 a year salary.


A former MP Denis MacShane, previously a Labour Minister for Europe, said that this showed that Farage was "happy to line his pockets with gold". Farage called this a "misrepresentation", pointing out that the money had been used to promote UKIP's message and staff salaries, not his own salary, but he welcomed the focus on the issue of MEP expenses, claiming that "ver a five year term each and every one of Britain's 78 MEPs gets about £1 million. It is used to employ administrative staff, run their offices and to travel back and forth between their home, Brussels and Strasbourg."

May 2012 London mayoral and local elections
In a "bizarre ****-up", the UKIP forgot to put their party name on their candidate's ballot paper for the London mayoral election, 2012, Laurence Webb appearing as "A fresh choice for London." Farage admitted the mistake describing it as an internal error.

Lets hope they can do better here in Eastleigh lol!

http://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Nigel_Farag
e
Nigel Farage states 'he added that he was "delighted" that the Tory candidate, Maria Hutchings, is Eurosceptic.' Well he would be wouldn't he. All the comments in the Daily Telegraph noted that she is spouting UKIP policies and not Tory ones. So what exactly does she stand for. What does she actually believe in. Well that is hard to say since she apparently was a lifelong LABOUR supporter that has defected to the TORY Party at the time when the Labour party became more like the Tories under Blair. She is now spouting UKIP policies which is a far right wing party. I would suggest she is prepared to say anything to gain the seat. Self interest? Nigel Farage, Well I note for all his anti EU rhetoric, he is not prepared to give up his MEP role European Union decision to forbid MEPs from holding a dual mandate, if he were to be elected to the House of Commons, he would have to resign his seat as MEP. In May 2009, The Guardian reported that Farage had said in a speech to the Foreign Press Association that over ten years as a Member of the European Parliament he received £2 million of taxpayers' money in staff, travel, and other expenses on top of his £64,000 a year salary.[33] A former MP Denis MacShane, previously a Labour Minister for Europe, said that this showed that Farage was "happy to line his pockets with gold". Farage called this a "misrepresentation",[34] pointing out that the money had been used to promote UKIP's message and staff salaries, not his own salary, but he welcomed the focus on the issue of MEP expenses, claiming that "[o]ver a five year term each and every one of Britain's 78 MEPs gets about £1 million. It is used to employ administrative staff, run their offices and to travel back and forth between their home, Brussels and Strasbourg." May 2012 London mayoral and local elections In a "bizarre ****-up", the UKIP forgot to put their party name on their candidate's ballot paper for the London mayoral election, 2012,[29] Laurence Webb appearing as "A fresh choice for London." Farage admitted the mistake describing it as an internal error. Lets hope they can do better here in Eastleigh lol! http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Nigel_Farag e Dresnez
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election
RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

3:09pm Sat 9 Feb 13

redsnapper says...

UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough. redsnapper
  • Score: 0

3:15pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Dresnez says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
By dividing Tory vote UKIP could be NuLabour's saviour.

But NuLabour appears to be its own worse enemy.

Unlike Tories who were well prepared NuLabour leadership appear to have kept on enjoying their sleep.

If they still have not got candidate in place they may be leaving bit too late.

With his past connection with Eastleigh former Labour candidate Alan Lloyd may be the only right person. Because he is not contaminated with Blairism has massive experience as County and City councillor, is famous for helping people, cares for environment and is opposed to cuts and on top of all that is life long supporter of NHS.

Although NuLabour has left announcing the candidate bit too late, with Alan already known to many in Easteligh they may be able to make up for that lost time.

As John Denham is man with exceptional political instinct I am bit surprised that he has not used his close links with Milliband and influence upon others to get Alan Lloyd selected as candidate.
I agree. I nearly passed out with disbelief when George Galloway was elected for the Respect party.

They appear to be rolling over and admitting defeat without any sort of a fight. If George can get elected anyone can. But it does mean campaigning. Clearly like him or hate him at least he knows how to run a good election campaign. This coupled with the distaste of the 3 main parties opened the door for him.

One can see how Hitler got elected. Not that George is anything like Hitler, but I wouldn't have put money on him winning.
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: By dividing Tory vote UKIP could be NuLabour's saviour. But NuLabour appears to be its own worse enemy. Unlike Tories who were well prepared NuLabour leadership appear to have kept on enjoying their sleep. If they still have not got candidate in place they may be leaving bit too late. With his past connection with Eastleigh former Labour candidate Alan Lloyd may be the only right person. Because he is not contaminated with Blairism has massive experience as County and City councillor, is famous for helping people, cares for environment and is opposed to cuts and on top of all that is life long supporter of NHS. Although NuLabour has left announcing the candidate bit too late, with Alan already known to many in Easteligh they may be able to make up for that lost time. As John Denham is man with exceptional political instinct I am bit surprised that he has not used his close links with Milliband and influence upon others to get Alan Lloyd selected as candidate.[/p][/quote]I agree. I nearly passed out with disbelief when George Galloway was elected for the Respect party. They appear to be rolling over and admitting defeat without any sort of a fight. If George can get elected anyone can. But it does mean campaigning. Clearly like him or hate him at least he knows how to run a good election campaign. This coupled with the distaste of the 3 main parties opened the door for him. One can see how Hitler got elected. Not that George is anything like Hitler, but I wouldn't have put money on him winning. Dresnez
  • Score: 0

3:24pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Huffter says...

sam1970 wrote:
Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader.

e.g. http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab

Ts
Problem with UK Independence is that the UK is far too small a country to be independent... look at a map of the world and you'll find out how small we are .... and how dependent on other countries.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader. e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts[/p][/quote]Problem with UK Independence is that the UK is far too small a country to be independent... look at a map of the world and you'll find out how small we are .... and how dependent on other countries. Huffter
  • Score: 0

3:27pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Frankly Mr Farage is entitled to every penny of expenses that he claims as an MEP. These are legitimate expenses that all MEPs can claim. We need him in Brussels to point out the folly of the bloated EU behemoth. He is fighting for withdrawal of the UK from the EU. Look at some of his speeches online, he is fighting the disastrous EU from within...

e.g. http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab
Ts
Frankly Mr Farage is entitled to every penny of expenses that he claims as an MEP. These are legitimate expenses that all MEPs can claim. We need him in Brussels to point out the folly of the bloated EU behemoth. He is fighting for withdrawal of the UK from the EU. Look at some of his speeches online, he is fighting the disastrous EU from within... e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts sam1970
  • Score: 0

3:34pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Dresnez says...

sam1970 wrote:
Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader.

e.g. http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab

Ts
UKIP TAX POLICY

Monday, 5th December 2011

UKIP believes in merging income tax and national insurance into a flat rate income tax to greatly simplify our tax code, which currently stands at over 11,000 pages.

At the last election we opted to merge 20% basic income tax with 11% national insurance to create a 31% flat tax on all earned incomes over £11,500. As a tax cut for all, with a higher threshold, it would also take the poorest paid out of income tax altogether.

It would also mean abolishing the existing 40% and 50% income tax brackets, the latter actually costing the economy rather than taking in revenue.

For employers, UKIP aims to abolish employers’ national insurance across a parliament to end the tax on jobs. This will undoubtedly boost employment and simplify the process of employing people.

So the better off will get a very good tax reduction and and an increase in the tax allowance that all would benefit from.

Business - you know those who avoid paying corporation taxes and pay min wages tax payers have to top up will have another tax break.

Meanwhile pensioners with a works pension will be paying 31% tax instead of 20% taxes as once retired people do not pay NI. In this way you will be paying NI after you retire.

Think very seriously about the so called sensible policies.

There are a lot of people pleasing policies on the face of it, but be very careful and look at what they are actually proposing whilst appealing to our natural bias. Be very careful.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader. e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts[/p][/quote]UKIP TAX POLICY Monday, 5th December 2011 UKIP believes in merging income tax and national insurance into a flat rate income tax to greatly simplify our tax code, which currently stands at over 11,000 pages. At the last election we opted to merge 20% basic income tax with 11% national insurance to create a 31% flat tax on all earned incomes over £11,500. As a tax cut for all, with a higher threshold, it would also take the poorest paid out of income tax altogether. It would also mean abolishing the existing 40% and 50% income tax brackets, the latter actually costing the economy rather than taking in revenue. For employers, UKIP aims to abolish employers’ national insurance across a parliament to end the tax on jobs. This will undoubtedly boost employment and simplify the process of employing people. So the better off will get a very good tax reduction and and an increase in the tax allowance that all would benefit from. Business - you know those who avoid paying corporation taxes and pay min wages tax payers have to top up will have another tax break. Meanwhile pensioners with a works pension will be paying 31% tax instead of 20% taxes as once retired people do not pay NI. In this way you will be paying NI after you retire. Think very seriously about the so called sensible policies. There are a lot of people pleasing policies on the face of it, but be very careful and look at what they are actually proposing whilst appealing to our natural bias. Be very careful. Dresnez
  • Score: 0

3:38pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Dresnez says...

sam1970 wrote:
Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader.

e.g. http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab

Ts
Whilst at the same time happy to work for them and draw a nice salary. Maybe it's just me but that looks like hypocrisy to me.

I like animals so there is no way I could work in an abattoir!
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader. e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts[/p][/quote]Whilst at the same time happy to work for them and draw a nice salary. Maybe it's just me but that looks like hypocrisy to me. I like animals so there is no way I could work in an abattoir! Dresnez
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

pjl20 wrote:
Why are UKIP 'a joke' canthinkofone? (first comment above)

We claimed 22% of the vote and came second in Rotherham, South Yorkshire only a few weeks back. This beat the Tories and the Lib Dems in a Labour stronghold.
The fact that your dogwhistle policies are supported by xenophobes in EDL strongholds doesn't make your party any less laughable. Quite the opposite in fact.
[quote][p][bold]pjl20[/bold] wrote: Why are UKIP 'a joke' canthinkofone? (first comment above) We claimed 22% of the vote and came second in Rotherham, South Yorkshire only a few weeks back. This beat the Tories and the Lib Dems in a Labour stronghold.[/p][/quote]The fact that your dogwhistle policies are supported by xenophobes in EDL strongholds doesn't make your party any less laughable. Quite the opposite in fact. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

3:54pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Mr Farage has to be IN the EU to expose its ridiculous follies. He can not highlight what a disaster it is if he has no platform. He does not control the amount of expenses that every single MEP is currently entitled to, but uses them to expose the havoc that membership of the EU is wreaking on its member states. Have a look at his speeches on youtube. He lambasts the EU at every turn, and rightly so.
Mr Farage has to be IN the EU to expose its ridiculous follies. He can not highlight what a disaster it is if he has no platform. He does not control the amount of expenses that every single MEP is currently entitled to, but uses them to expose the havoc that membership of the EU is wreaking on its member states. Have a look at his speeches on youtube. He lambasts the EU at every turn, and rightly so. sam1970
  • Score: 0

3:58pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

UKIP have many common sense policies, for example....'' Ensure British benefits are only available to
UK citizens or those who have lived here for at
least five years. Currently, British benefits can
be claimed by EU citizens in their arrival year ''
UKIP have many common sense policies, for example....'' Ensure British benefits are only available to UK citizens or those who have lived here for at least five years. Currently, British benefits can be claimed by EU citizens in their arrival year '' sam1970
  • Score: 0

4:03pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

@ Dresnez, re your comment on UKIP policies, and pensions, they state that they will.....'' smplify pensions and remove unnecessary
and degrading means testing for our senior
citizens. We will roll existing state pensions,
Pensions Credit and the Winter Fuel Allowance
into a flat-rate, non-means tested, non-contributory and NON-TAXABLE Citizen’s Pension worth
at least £130 a week '' (This is from the 2010 General Election manifesto, so obviously figures may change)
@ Dresnez, re your comment on UKIP policies, and pensions, they state that they will.....'' smplify pensions and remove unnecessary and degrading means testing for our senior citizens. We will roll existing state pensions, Pensions Credit and the Winter Fuel Allowance into a flat-rate, non-means tested, non-contributory and NON-TAXABLE Citizen’s Pension worth at least £130 a week '' (This is from the 2010 General Election manifesto, so obviously figures may change) sam1970
  • Score: 0

4:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

knuckle dragger says...

cantthinkofone wrote:
The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.
That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.
[quote][p][bold]cantthinkofone[/bold] wrote: The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.[/p][/quote]That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife. knuckle dragger
  • Score: 0

4:08pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

I actually think it would do well to have UKIP take Eastleigh in the by-election.

It would certainly make the main parties start listening to the electorate.

I'm not in favour of having a UKIP government, not yet anyway, but for them to win Eastleigh will at least give the others the kick up the backside they need.
I actually think it would do well to have UKIP take Eastleigh in the by-election. It would certainly make the main parties start listening to the electorate. I'm not in favour of having a UKIP government, not yet anyway, but for them to win Eastleigh will at least give the others the kick up the backside they need. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Sat 9 Feb 13

knuckle dragger says...

Huffter wrote:
sam1970 wrote:
Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader.

e.g. http://www.youtube.c


om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab


Ts
Problem with UK Independence is that the UK is far too small a country to be independent... look at a map of the world and you'll find out how small we are .... and how dependent on other countries.
So how come there are smaller countries in the world that are independent?
[quote][p][bold]Huffter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Mr Farage and the UKIP manifesto are certainly full of common sense. He sees the EU for the political, money squandering political folly that it is. Have a look at some of his speeches online. He would make a great leader. e.g. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=2gm9q8uab Ts[/p][/quote]Problem with UK Independence is that the UK is far too small a country to be independent... look at a map of the world and you'll find out how small we are .... and how dependent on other countries.[/p][/quote]So how come there are smaller countries in the world that are independent? knuckle dragger
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Sat 9 Feb 13

knuckle dragger says...

redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
[quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist? knuckle dragger
  • Score: 0

4:25pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Stephen J says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election
For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election[/p][/quote]For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour? Stephen J
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Sat 9 Feb 13

mr.southampton says...

Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh....


No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement...

... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age.

By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.
Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh.... No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement... ... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age. By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst. mr.southampton
  • Score: 0

4:30pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

knuckle dragger wrote:
cantthinkofone wrote:
The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.
That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.
As long as she isn't an 'Uncle Tom' or a 'coconut', that'll be fine.
[quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cantthinkofone[/bold] wrote: The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.[/p][/quote]That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.[/p][/quote]As long as she isn't an 'Uncle Tom' or a 'coconut', that'll be fine. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

knuckle dragger wrote:
cantthinkofone wrote:
The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.
That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.
Wait a mo, you're talking about Farage anyway aren't you? I wasn't. Learn to read and comprehend.
[quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cantthinkofone[/bold] wrote: The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.[/p][/quote]That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.[/p][/quote]Wait a mo, you're talking about Farage anyway aren't you? I wasn't. Learn to read and comprehend. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

cantthinkofone wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
cantthinkofone wrote:
The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.
That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.
Wait a mo, you're talking about Farage anyway aren't you? I wasn't. Learn to read and comprehend.
LOL
[quote][p][bold]cantthinkofone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cantthinkofone[/bold] wrote: The racist dinosaur above is spot on in this instance.[/p][/quote]That so called "racist dinosaur" has a German wife.[/p][/quote]Wait a mo, you're talking about Farage anyway aren't you? I wasn't. Learn to read and comprehend.[/p][/quote]LOL IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

4:38pm Sat 9 Feb 13

superbean says...

I will be switching my vote to UKIP as I think they talk a lot of sense.
I will be switching my vote to UKIP as I think they talk a lot of sense. superbean
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Sat 9 Feb 13

eurogordi says...

So everyone who wants to keep the interests of British people at the top of the list is racist? Sorry, I don't agree. We had racists in the country before we joined the EU in 1973 and we will have racists in this country if and when we leave the UK.

UKIP will bring a breath of fresh air and, because we do not know what a UKIP MP would actually be like in the House of Commons, I would rather try something new than the three main parties which, in one way or another, can no longer be trusted.

Go UKIP!
So everyone who wants to keep the interests of British people at the top of the list is racist? Sorry, I don't agree. We had racists in the country before we joined the EU in 1973 and we will have racists in this country if and when we leave the UK. UKIP will bring a breath of fresh air and, because we do not know what a UKIP MP would actually be like in the House of Commons, I would rather try something new than the three main parties which, in one way or another, can no longer be trusted. Go UKIP! eurogordi
  • Score: 0

4:55pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

eurogordi wrote:
So everyone who wants to keep the interests of British people at the top of the list is racist? Sorry, I don't agree. We had racists in the country before we joined the EU in 1973 and we will have racists in this country if and when we leave the UK.

UKIP will bring a breath of fresh air and, because we do not know what a UKIP MP would actually be like in the House of Commons, I would rather try something new than the three main parties which, in one way or another, can no longer be trusted.

Go UKIP!
I tend to agree with you. Let's be honest it's only until 2015 so having UKIP in Eastleigh will give us a taste of what they can or can't do.

It will be a good test for them and give us some insight as to what they can do.
[quote][p][bold]eurogordi[/bold] wrote: So everyone who wants to keep the interests of British people at the top of the list is racist? Sorry, I don't agree. We had racists in the country before we joined the EU in 1973 and we will have racists in this country if and when we leave the UK. UKIP will bring a breath of fresh air and, because we do not know what a UKIP MP would actually be like in the House of Commons, I would rather try something new than the three main parties which, in one way or another, can no longer be trusted. Go UKIP![/p][/quote]I tend to agree with you. Let's be honest it's only until 2015 so having UKIP in Eastleigh will give us a taste of what they can or can't do. It will be a good test for them and give us some insight as to what they can do. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sat 9 Feb 13

superbean says...

WHAT have we entrusted to Tory/Labour that is today in good shape?

Is there ANYTHING?

UKIP can't be any worse than what we have seen.
WHAT have we entrusted to Tory/Labour that is today in good shape? Is there ANYTHING? UKIP can't be any worse than what we have seen. superbean
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sat 9 Feb 13

arthur dalyrimple says...

knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!! arthur dalyrimple
  • Score: 0

5:05pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

I will be switching my vote to UKIP because lol.






Nah, not really.
I will be switching my vote to UKIP because lol. Nah, not really. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

5:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

murphatsoton says...

When will you people wake up and smell the coffee. Fact: EU screwed Eastleigh when it allowed Pirelli to illegally take money to move to Italy and over 500 jobs lost from Eastleigh. Fact: Alstrom were allowed to asset strip British Rail Engineering by the EU another 500 plus jobs gone. Fact: EU give a practically interest free loan to Fords to move to Turkey another 1000 plus jobs and related industries affected. How many more times are the people of Eastleigh expected to bend over and take it. UKIP has won support across the UK because people have finally realised that Nigel Farage and others have been talking FACTS not spin like the other 3 parties. WAKE UP EASTLEIGH How many more times will you let your Lim Dem/Tory or Labour MP let you be the victim of EU whim
When will you people wake up and smell the coffee. Fact: EU screwed Eastleigh when it allowed Pirelli to illegally take money to move to Italy and over 500 jobs lost from Eastleigh. Fact: Alstrom were allowed to asset strip British Rail Engineering by the EU another 500 plus jobs gone. Fact: EU give a practically interest free loan to Fords to move to Turkey another 1000 plus jobs and related industries affected. How many more times are the people of Eastleigh expected to bend over and take it. UKIP has won support across the UK because people have finally realised that Nigel Farage and others have been talking FACTS not spin like the other 3 parties. WAKE UP EASTLEIGH How many more times will you let your Lim Dem/Tory or Labour MP let you be the victim of EU whim murphatsoton
  • Score: 0

5:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

freefinker says...

Stephen J wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election
For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour?
.. well if it's true, well done TUSC for letting Eastleigh folk have the far left choice.

Funny really though; young southy had given us at least a dozen reasons and/or excuses as to why they couldn't/wouldn't stand. Suppose he’s not ‘in the know’ even in TUSC/SP circles.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election[/p][/quote]For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour?[/p][/quote].. well if it's true, well done TUSC for letting Eastleigh folk have the far left choice. Funny really though; young southy had given us at least a dozen reasons and/or excuses as to why they couldn't/wouldn't stand. Suppose he’s not ‘in the know’ even in TUSC/SP circles. freefinker
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

freefinker wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election
For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour?
.. well if it's true, well done TUSC for letting Eastleigh folk have the far left choice.

Funny really though; young southy had given us at least a dozen reasons and/or excuses as to why they couldn't/wouldn't stand. Suppose he’s not ‘in the know’ even in TUSC/SP circles.
It's true, it was published yesterday whilst Southy was arguing they wouldn't be standing! http://www.tusc.org.
uk/press080213.php
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: RMT executive member Darren Procter to stand in Eastleigh by-election[/p][/quote]For TUSC no less. So there was the time and money there after all. Credit where it's due and good on them for entering the fray. Anyone seen Labour?[/p][/quote].. well if it's true, well done TUSC for letting Eastleigh folk have the far left choice. Funny really though; young southy had given us at least a dozen reasons and/or excuses as to why they couldn't/wouldn't stand. Suppose he’s not ‘in the know’ even in TUSC/SP circles.[/p][/quote]It's true, it was published yesterday whilst Southy was arguing they wouldn't be standing! http://www.tusc.org. uk/press080213.php IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:22pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

mr.southampton wrote:
Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh....


No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement...

... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age.

By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.
I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system.

There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc.

See this link.....http://blog
s.telegraph.co.uk/ne
ws/jamesdelingpole/1
00130664/selling-the
-big-issue-is-not-a-
proper-job/
[quote][p][bold]mr.southampton[/bold] wrote: Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh.... No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement... ... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age. By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.[/p][/quote]I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system. There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc. See this link.....http://blog s.telegraph.co.uk/ne ws/jamesdelingpole/1 00130664/selling-the -big-issue-is-not-a- proper-job/ sam1970
  • Score: 0

5:29pm Sat 9 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

sam1970 wrote:
mr.southampton wrote:
Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh....


No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement...

... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age.

By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.
I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system.

There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc.

See this link.....http://blog

s.telegraph.co.uk/ne

ws/jamesdelingpole/1

00130664/selling-the

-big-issue-is-not-a-

proper-job/
You're at liberty to do similarly anywhere in the EU. As the hordes of Brits in Spain etc do.

Leaving aside the questionable idea that you've earned something simply by coincidence of birth of course.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mr.southampton[/bold] wrote: Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh.... No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement... ... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age. By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.[/p][/quote]I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system. There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc. See this link.....http://blog s.telegraph.co.uk/ne ws/jamesdelingpole/1 00130664/selling-the -big-issue-is-not-a- proper-job/[/p][/quote]You're at liberty to do similarly anywhere in the EU. As the hordes of Brits in Spain etc do. Leaving aside the questionable idea that you've earned something simply by coincidence of birth of course. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Membership of the EU is eroding our democracy, costs us £52 Million a DAY, burdened us with uncontrolled immigration, and has driven the British fishing Industry ( not to mention the fish) to the verge of extinction. Consider voting UKIP. We need a UKIP MP in Westminster as a voice of opposition to Lib/Lab/Con.
Membership of the EU is eroding our democracy, costs us £52 Million a DAY, burdened us with uncontrolled immigration, and has driven the British fishing Industry ( not to mention the fish) to the verge of extinction. Consider voting UKIP. We need a UKIP MP in Westminster as a voice of opposition to Lib/Lab/Con. sam1970
  • Score: 0

5:34pm Sat 9 Feb 13

mr.southampton says...

sam1970 wrote:
mr.southampton wrote:
Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh....


No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement...

... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age.

By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.
I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system.

There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc.

See this link.....http://blog

s.telegraph.co.uk/ne

ws/jamesdelingpole/1

00130664/selling-the

-big-issue-is-not-a-

proper-job/
As an NHS worker I'm sure you'll also have experienced the valuable work being carried out by Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Cleaners from across the EU and beyond.

So if any of them happened to receive treatment themselves would they be 'taking advantage'

You decide.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mr.southampton[/bold] wrote: Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh.... No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement... ... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age. By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.[/p][/quote]I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system. There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc. See this link.....http://blog s.telegraph.co.uk/ne ws/jamesdelingpole/1 00130664/selling-the -big-issue-is-not-a- proper-job/[/p][/quote]As an NHS worker I'm sure you'll also have experienced the valuable work being carried out by Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Cleaners from across the EU and beyond. So if any of them happened to receive treatment themselves would they be 'taking advantage' You decide. mr.southampton
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

mr.southampton wrote:
sam1970 wrote:
mr.southampton wrote:
Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh....


No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement...

... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age.

By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.
I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system.

There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc.

See this link.....http://blog


s.telegraph.co.uk/ne


ws/jamesdelingpole/1


00130664/selling-the


-big-issue-is-not-a-


proper-job/
As an NHS worker I'm sure you'll also have experienced the valuable work being carried out by Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Cleaners from across the EU and beyond.

So if any of them happened to receive treatment themselves would they be 'taking advantage'

You decide.
@ MrSouthampton as a member of the General Public and an NHS worker I am also aware that '' Three out of four doctors struck off the medical register this year (2012) were trained abroad ''
......http://www.dai
lymail.co.uk/news/ar
ticle-2254824/Three-
quarters-doctors-str
uck-Britain-trained-
abroad.html#axzz2K8a
SgTTA

As an NHS worker I am also aware of the tens of millions of pounds the NHS has to spend, every year on translators. I deal with patients on a weekly if not daily basis who do not speak English.
[quote][p][bold]mr.southampton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mr.southampton[/bold] wrote: Yeah, because obviously Immigration has been a huge issue in Eastleigh.... No mention either of the fact that anyone coming from another EU country has to work for a year before getting any benefit entitlement... ... anyone notice all those elderly and infirm poles clogging up the NHS and lengthening the dole queues...NO because it doesn't happen - most people who come to the UK do so to work and are of working age. By all means have an immigration debate, but basing it on half-truths and rubbish about welfare tourism is spurious at best and darn racist at worst.[/p][/quote]I work in the NHS, and I see patients from the EU on a DAILY basis taking advantage of our free health system. There are also many Eastern Europeans who come to this Country, sell the Big Issue, which allows them 'self employed' status, whereby they can then claim housing benefits, child benefits etc. See this link.....http://blog s.telegraph.co.uk/ne ws/jamesdelingpole/1 00130664/selling-the -big-issue-is-not-a- proper-job/[/p][/quote]As an NHS worker I'm sure you'll also have experienced the valuable work being carried out by Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Cleaners from across the EU and beyond. So if any of them happened to receive treatment themselves would they be 'taking advantage' You decide.[/p][/quote]@ MrSouthampton as a member of the General Public and an NHS worker I am also aware that '' Three out of four doctors struck off the medical register this year (2012) were trained abroad '' ......http://www.dai lymail.co.uk/news/ar ticle-2254824/Three- quarters-doctors-str uck-Britain-trained- abroad.html#axzz2K8a SgTTA As an NHS worker I am also aware of the tens of millions of pounds the NHS has to spend, every year on translators. I deal with patients on a weekly if not daily basis who do not speak English. sam1970
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Sat 9 Feb 13

J.P.M says...

Why do people no longer use Soton central library?
It was deserted today...
Why do people no longer use Soton central library? It was deserted today... J.P.M
  • Score: 0

7:11pm Sat 9 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

J.P.M wrote:
Why do people no longer use Soton central library?
It was deserted today...
Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date!
[quote][p][bold]J.P.M[/bold] wrote: Why do people no longer use Soton central library? It was deserted today...[/p][/quote]Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

7:23pm Sat 9 Feb 13

biggus2 says...

None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again
None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again biggus2
  • Score: 0

7:39pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Torchie1 says...

arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
[quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat? Torchie1
  • Score: 0

7:40pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Here is the link to watch Mr Farage speaking in Eastleigh today....

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=OKK442p6V
Tg

A great orator as always. Honest, straight talking and full of common sense.
Here is the link to watch Mr Farage speaking in Eastleigh today.... http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=OKK442p6V Tg A great orator as always. Honest, straight talking and full of common sense. sam1970
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
It clearly states on the UKIP website that.....'' Membership is not available to anyone who is or has previously been a member of the British National Party, National Front, British Freedom Party, British People's Party, English Defence League, Britain First or the UK First Party. Any applications made from people who are or have been members of these organisations will be refused, and any subscriptions collected will be refunded.
By applying for membership you certify that you are not and have never been a member of either of these parties ''
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]It clearly states on the UKIP website that.....'' Membership is not available to anyone who is or has previously been a member of the British National Party, National Front, British Freedom Party, British People's Party, English Defence League, Britain First or the UK First Party. Any applications made from people who are or have been members of these organisations will be refused, and any subscriptions collected will be refunded. By applying for membership you certify that you are not and have never been a member of either of these parties '' sam1970
  • Score: 0

7:47pm Sat 9 Feb 13

apm1954 says...

dont you mean 3 way fight ukip labour and lib/cons
dont you mean 3 way fight ukip labour and lib/cons apm1954
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

biggus2 wrote:
None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again
As it happens a distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP.

'' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins".
Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means ''
[quote][p][bold]biggus2[/bold] wrote: None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again[/p][/quote]As it happens a distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP. '' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins". Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means '' sam1970
  • Score: 0

7:51pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

biggus2 wrote:
None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again
A distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP.....

'' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins".
Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means.
[quote][p][bold]biggus2[/bold] wrote: None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again[/p][/quote]A distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP..... '' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins". Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means. sam1970
  • Score: 0

7:54pm Sat 9 Feb 13

freefinker says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
J.P.M wrote:
Why do people no longer use Soton central library?
It was deserted today...
Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date!
.. you better not let southy hear you say that. 90% of the internet is wrong; although only the Redbridge Trot can distinguish the correct 10%.

And, only library books can be trusted. Apparently that means all the books in my bookcase can't be trusted as well.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.P.M[/bold] wrote: Why do people no longer use Soton central library? It was deserted today...[/p][/quote]Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date![/p][/quote].. you better not let southy hear you say that. 90% of the internet is wrong; although only the Redbridge Trot can distinguish the correct 10%. And, only library books can be trusted. Apparently that means all the books in my bookcase can't be trusted as well. freefinker
  • Score: 0

8:02pm Sat 9 Feb 13

freefinker says...

sam1970 wrote:
biggus2 wrote:
None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again
A distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP.....

'' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins".
Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means.
.. oh dearie me, are we going to have to put up with you for the next 4 weeks? Boring, boring - and then you disappear (to the delight of regulars; right, left and centre).

ZZZZ, ZZZZ, ZZZZ, ZZZZ.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]biggus2[/bold] wrote: None of the current batch of MPs are worth voting for. There once was a chap called Guy Fawkes who had the right idea though, perhaps we should start all over again[/p][/quote]A distant relative of Guy Fawkes has recently joined UKIP..... '' The UK Independence Party has hailed the recruitment of a man with family connections to Guy Fawkes - with leader Nigel Farage saying it shows "the blood of rebellion still runs in his veins". Mr Farage said retired headteacher Philip Fawkes was the "10 times great grandson" of the leader of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot and the party speculated that he might one day get to the Commons by legitimate means.[/p][/quote].. oh dearie me, are we going to have to put up with you for the next 4 weeks? Boring, boring - and then you disappear (to the delight of regulars; right, left and centre). ZZZZ, ZZZZ, ZZZZ, ZZZZ. freefinker
  • Score: 0

9:23pm Sat 9 Feb 13

arthur dalyrimple says...

Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne. arthur dalyrimple
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Sat 9 Feb 13

apm1954 says...

i was a lib dem cllr for 11 years in poole i certainly would not vote lib dem , two face liar clegg
i was a lib dem cllr for 11 years in poole i certainly would not vote lib dem , two face liar clegg apm1954
  • Score: 0

10:01pm Sat 9 Feb 13

knuckle dragger says...

arthur dalyrimple wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.
Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is???
[quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.[/p][/quote]Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is??? knuckle dragger
  • Score: 0

10:38pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Torchie1 says...

arthur dalyrimple wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.
Thank-you for your concern but I always knew my choice to avoid processed food was the right one.
[quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.[/p][/quote]Thank-you for your concern but I always knew my choice to avoid processed food was the right one. Torchie1
  • Score: 0

11:27pm Sat 9 Feb 13

sam1970 says...

Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country.
Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country. sam1970
  • Score: 0

11:52pm Sat 9 Feb 13

freefinker says...

sam1970 wrote:
Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country.
.. this is a news discussion forum you know? In our own peculiar styles we regulars like to discuss, dissect and offer original comment on topical issues, including by-elections.

You seem content to just lick the @rse of your shining knight in armour (I know, difficult if he’s actually wearing the armour!!) and give us endless quotes from the UKIP website interspersed with URL’s to that same site. Have you got nothing original to say? Or does your contribution just reflect the intellectual capabilities of rabid UKIP supporters?

Not a career politician? Yea, sure. He’s only been a full time MEP for 14 years. So, what is his career then?
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country.[/p][/quote].. this is a news discussion forum you know? In our own peculiar styles we regulars like to discuss, dissect and offer original comment on topical issues, including by-elections. You seem content to just lick the @rse of your shining knight in armour (I know, difficult if he’s actually wearing the armour!!) and give us endless quotes from the UKIP website interspersed with URL’s to that same site. Have you got nothing original to say? Or does your contribution just reflect the intellectual capabilities of rabid UKIP supporters? Not a career politician? Yea, sure. He’s only been a full time MEP for 14 years. So, what is his career then? freefinker
  • Score: 0

11:58pm Sat 9 Feb 13

freefinker says...

.. blimey, this sam1970 seems to be a genetic clone of southy, only a political reverse image.
.. blimey, this sam1970 seems to be a genetic clone of southy, only a political reverse image. freefinker
  • Score: 0

12:06am Sun 10 Feb 13

IronLady2010 says...

freefinker wrote:
.. blimey, this sam1970 seems to be a genetic clone of southy, only a political reverse image.
I agree, I did reply to one of the numerous posts that they should be out there speaking to people not annoying us on the comment section.
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: .. blimey, this sam1970 seems to be a genetic clone of southy, only a political reverse image.[/p][/quote]I agree, I did reply to one of the numerous posts that they should be out there speaking to people not annoying us on the comment section. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

12:39am Sun 10 Feb 13

mrblunt says...

I take it that Sam1970 is UKIP's
PR machine !!
I think we should give them a chance. They can't be worse than what we have.
I heard that Portsmouth FC had written to Mr Huhne and asked if they could take his points !!
I take it that Sam1970 is UKIP's PR machine !! I think we should give them a chance. They can't be worse than what we have. I heard that Portsmouth FC had written to Mr Huhne and asked if they could take his points !! mrblunt
  • Score: 0

1:54am Sun 10 Feb 13

southy says...

knuckle dragger wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.
Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is???
We had gone to war to stop this kind of policy, and yet here we are letting it happen, bring it in slowly bit by bit as we move more and more to the right. Some people did not learn at all about the war,
[quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.[/p][/quote]Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is???[/p][/quote]We had gone to war to stop this kind of policy, and yet here we are letting it happen, bring it in slowly bit by bit as we move more and more to the right. Some people did not learn at all about the war, southy
  • Score: 0

1:59am Sun 10 Feb 13

southy says...

sam1970 wrote:
Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country.
No Sam he has this nose firmly in the pig trough, How about when he and that other one Lord whats his name was talking to the Tory comittee about UKIP rejoining the Tory Party if they would add EU referendum.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: Have a look at the UKIP manifesto, have a look at some of Mr Farage's speeches in Brussels. Here is a man who is not a career politician, he is not in politics for his own self aggrandisement, he is here because he cares about the future of this Country.[/p][/quote]No Sam he has this nose firmly in the pig trough, How about when he and that other one Lord whats his name was talking to the Tory comittee about UKIP rejoining the Tory Party if they would add EU referendum. southy
  • Score: 0

2:02am Sun 10 Feb 13

southy says...

freefinker wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
J.P.M wrote:
Why do people no longer use Soton central library?
It was deserted today...
Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date!
.. you better not let southy hear you say that. 90% of the internet is wrong; although only the Redbridge Trot can distinguish the correct 10%.

And, only library books can be trusted. Apparently that means all the books in my bookcase can't be trusted as well.
No he is right it was pretty quiet in there when i went in, made a pleasent day being quiet for a change, no students about, only about 50 people in there.
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.P.M[/bold] wrote: Why do people no longer use Soton central library? It was deserted today...[/p][/quote]Ermmmmm, Libraries are history, the internet is much more up to date![/p][/quote].. you better not let southy hear you say that. 90% of the internet is wrong; although only the Redbridge Trot can distinguish the correct 10%. And, only library books can be trusted. Apparently that means all the books in my bookcase can't be trusted as well.[/p][/quote]No he is right it was pretty quiet in there when i went in, made a pleasent day being quiet for a change, no students about, only about 50 people in there. southy
  • Score: 0

10:49am Sun 10 Feb 13

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.
Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is???
We had gone to war to stop this kind of policy, and yet here we are letting it happen, bring it in slowly bit by bit as we move more and more to the right. Some people did not learn at all about the war,
The UK went to war because the terms of the Agreement of Mutual Assistance required it to offer help to Poland after Germany invaded it. People learned a lot about extremism as a result of the Second World War and the Cold War that followed which gave stark lessons about the politics of the far left and far right which is why no-one will cast votes in sufficient numbers to let the lunatics take over the asylum.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]none of them , all treasonous traitors ,and if nigel porridge is the answer ,god help us ,this is the post- democracy age , enjoy the horse lasagne.[/p][/quote]Yes arthur dalyrimple, German did have a Nazi government up until 1945 when it was toppled. Your point is???[/p][/quote]We had gone to war to stop this kind of policy, and yet here we are letting it happen, bring it in slowly bit by bit as we move more and more to the right. Some people did not learn at all about the war,[/p][/quote]The UK went to war because the terms of the Agreement of Mutual Assistance required it to offer help to Poland after Germany invaded it. People learned a lot about extremism as a result of the Second World War and the Cold War that followed which gave stark lessons about the politics of the far left and far right which is why no-one will cast votes in sufficient numbers to let the lunatics take over the asylum. Torchie1
  • Score: 0

6:45pm Sun 10 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

sam1970 wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
arthur dalyrimple wrote:
knuckle dragger wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies.

As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.
Would he have a German wife if he were racist?
i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!!
Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?
It clearly states on the UKIP website that.....'' Membership is not available to anyone who is or has previously been a member of the British National Party, National Front, British Freedom Party, British People's Party, English Defence League, Britain First or the UK First Party. Any applications made from people who are or have been members of these organisations will be refused, and any subscriptions collected will be refunded.
By applying for membership you certify that you are not and have never been a member of either of these parties ''
Yes, and the EDL statements claim that they're nor racists, and racists aren't welcome.

Those are lies too though.
[quote][p][bold]sam1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arthur dalyrimple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]knuckle dragger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: UKIP equals National Front in my mind. Racist policies. As we can see above Farage is your typical MP with his snout firmly in the trough.[/p][/quote]Would he have a German wife if he were racist?[/p][/quote]i seem to remember germany was nazi !!!!![/p][/quote]Germany had a Nazi government for about twelve years and using your logic can I ask if you are a Conservative or a Liberal-Democrat?[/p][/quote]It clearly states on the UKIP website that.....'' Membership is not available to anyone who is or has previously been a member of the British National Party, National Front, British Freedom Party, British People's Party, English Defence League, Britain First or the UK First Party. Any applications made from people who are or have been members of these organisations will be refused, and any subscriptions collected will be refunded. By applying for membership you certify that you are not and have never been a member of either of these parties ''[/p][/quote]Yes, and the EDL statements claim that they're nor racists, and racists aren't welcome. Those are lies too though. cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

7:18pm Sun 10 Feb 13

cantthinkofone says...

*not* btw (obviously)
*not* btw (obviously) cantthinkofone
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree