POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- Fresh bid to save Victorian school from being demolished
- 'Wee in the streets and you could be clearing up the mess'
- Grieving girlfriend offers reward in bid to trace dead police officer boyfriend’s stolen gift
- M27 CRASH: Witness appeal from police after fatal collision and fire
- Care home ordered to improve after being branded 'inadequate'
- Decision on £300,000 dog hotel with luxury suites including sofa, television, and radios all for pampered pooches
- Naked Rambler loses euro court challenge to be nude in public
- Mother's desperate plea for missing son to come home