POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- Eastleigh sports coaches take the ice bucket challenge
- Classic taxi set to fetch big price at auction
- Heritage walk around the Hamble valley
- Masked robbers made chilling mid-raid call to victims' child
- Touching tributes to former mayor
- Name chosen for new Marwell arrival
- Public are invited to Hampshire hospitals roadshow
- Brave four on a roll with the 6ft sandwich challenge