POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- Hampshire town to undergo three months of roadworks
- Concern growing over increase in accidents on the M3 between Southampton and Winchester
- Learner drivers set to be allowed onto Hampshire motorways
- PHOTOS: Thousands of shoppers cash in on Southampton's Boxing Day sales bonanza
- UPDATE: Manhunt continues for driver who ploughed car into house and ran away
- Sign up to become a star of the stage
- PHOTOS: Christmas gets off to an EXPLOSIVE start in Hampshire town
- WEATHER AND FLOOD ALERT: Storm Angus brings 80mph winds and flooding across Hampshire