POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- Elections 2016: Battle lines drawn in fight for Eastleigh
- Car crash cuts off internet
- Elections 2016: The parties in Eastleigh have their say
- Elections 2016: Eastleigh candidates
- 'It's not a level playing field': Council criticised for secrecy over superstore contract
- Huge swastika poster hung on house
- Appeal for action over number of affordable homes
- Fears grow for missing teenager