TWO motorists have had to be cut out of their cars after an accident on a major city road.
A silver Skoda and a red Peugeot 208 were involved in a collision outside Screwfix on the Millbrook Roundabout at 10.30am.
A passing amublance came across the incident and alerted the fire service and police to the scene.
According to Hampshire Constabulary, the roofs of both cars were removed and the patients takent to hospital by ambulance.
The cars remain on scene as police await for them to be recovered.
More travel news:
- End to travel misery could be in sight for M27 - but drivers are facing two years of roadworks
- Gritters heading out in Southampton as temperatures set to plunge
- Van driver who killed cyclist while texting at wheel loses appeal
- Reader letter: Ban motorised vehicles in favour of bikes and horse-drawn carts
- Woman rescued from car after crash in Hampshire city
- Pound slumps to three-month low against dollar after 'hard Brexit' reports
- UPDATE: Gritters head out as freezing temperatures prompt ice weather warning
- Traffic updates as snow brings chaos and flooding to Hampshire roads and motorways