TWO motorists have had to be cut out of their cars after an accident on a major city road.
A silver Skoda and a red Peugeot 208 were involved in a collision outside Screwfix on the Millbrook Roundabout at 10.30am.
A passing amublance came across the incident and alerted the fire service and police to the scene.
According to Hampshire Constabulary, the roofs of both cars were removed and the patients takent to hospital by ambulance.
The cars remain on scene as police await for them to be recovered.
More travel news:
- Southampton Marathon 'will bring £1million to city's economy'
- 'Strong support' claims for £1.2bn cross-Solent tunnel
- READER LETTER: Change on the railways is long overdue
- Easter gridlock: The roads and times to avoid this Bank Holiday weekend
- Delays as two-week road closure begins on major Southampton road
- PHOTOS: Car skids off road and ploughs into bushes
- Couple swap £50,000 household income for life on the road with toddler
- Work continues: Southampton flyover to be shut for 'noisy' roadworks