LiveDavid Cameron in Eastleigh - live

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter

Enable automatic updates every minute? YES NO

Summary

  • David Cameron's second visit to Eastleigh
  • He's in the borough to support Conservative candidate Maria Hutchings
  • He's visiting Prysmian Cables and Systems Ltd
  • George Osborne visited the same factory last week

12:31pm

PM taking final few questions from staff as I am dragged away to grill the PM myself.

12:29pm

"How long will you support people that can't be bothered?" Cameron says there is a "clear" need for welfare system reform to ensure people aren't better off out of work

12:28pm

Encouraged Indians to come to "proper universities." Says changes are being made to immigration system to attract "bright and talented" students, not people that "play the system."

Calls Southampton a "fantastic university".

12:24pm

Refers again to global race, saying we need to make it "easier for people to go out and work"

12:23pm

PM wants tax relief for families who pay for child care.

12:22pm

Britain needs good connectivity to "win global race." Cameron adds the UK is are higher in the global Premier League than his club, Aston Villa are in the football one.

12:21pm

"Hugely committed" to high speed broadband. Government spending a "vast amount of money" on it. Says we "will get towards target" of having 90 per cent of homes with high speed broadband by 2015.

12:20pm

One worker slam sub"horrendous impact" of increase in VAT to 20%. Asks if it will be reduced. PM says "unfortunately we won't be able to do that."

12:20pm

He says people from business and engineering "absolutely" need to be encouraged to go into schools and talk to youngsters.

Anything businesses can do to get unto schools is "hugely, hugely positive, " says Cameron.

12:19pm

Questioned on referendum on Europe. Why do we have to wait until his re-election? Wants to "make changes" first then give people a "real choice" once Europe has become "more competitive, more flexible."

He recommends staying in EU.

12:18pm

The government is working with companies inviting them to "tell us" what help they need, says Cameron.

"Time for politicians to stop making decisions and put trust in people."

12:17pm

"More than half of board members at Rolls Royce are former apprentices", he adds.

12:17pm

Cameron says it is "a business friendly government" and tells workers he wants to make it "easier" for local businesses to operate.

He also tells young apprentice there is still value in doing degrees but says apprenticeship route now "a real alternative"

 

12:12pm

Didn't take long for Ford closure to crop up. Cameron news is good overall with Nissan, Land Rover and Jaguar doing well. He calls Ford's closure of the Swaythling plant "disappointing".

As revealed by the Daily Echo today, 120 jobs may be saved with a plan to open a facility at Southampton Docks.

12:09pm

12:06pm

12:05pm

He says he has "clear plan to get economy moving" and acknowledges "baffling array of energy tarriffs" and promises legislation to help make sure people are put on lowest possible energy tariff.

Now he is inviting questions from crowd.

12:05pm

Cameron takes centre stage at last to warm applause.

12:04pm

She adds, that Prysmian is putting "Great" back into "Great Britain"

12:04pm

Hutchings introduced first to round of applause.

Tells workers she would be "a champion and a voice for Eastleigh"

12:04pm

Daily Echo:

12:02pm

David Cameron has now taken his seat alongside Maria Hutchings.

12:01pm

Cameron's entourage has arrived and the crowd falls quiet as we await the man himself.

12:00pm

Still no sign of the PM yet, despite promises he was running to schedule. The gathered crowd are starting to fidget in anticipation.

11:56am

The crowd waiting for David Cameron.

11:51am

Out come the camera phones in preparation...

11:48am

Some anxious checks of watches going on now as it is announced the PM is running "pretty much to time." Any minute now then...

11:47am

The decibels have gone up a notch here as the excited chitter chatter builds among staff.

George Osborne was here last week, now they are preparing to greet Cameron.

11:38am

Excitement building here. Hundreds of staff here waiting to grill the PM. The main man is due to take centre stage in 10 minutes time.

Daily Echo:

11:35am

The UK's media is now being led through the warehouse ahead of a staff Q&A with Mr Cameron

11:35am

Yesterday it was Boris Johnson, today it's David Cameron. The Tories are throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at this by-election campaign

Anticipation is building here at Prysmian Cables and Systems Ltd as employees await the arrival of the Prime Minister

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:51am Thu 21 Feb 13

timothyvince says...

I am concerned that the news media are allowing national politicians to reverse the correct order of parliamentary democracy. The local area should be represented in Parliament and not the other way round. Danny Stupple is the only credible local candidate who is capable of bringing back local representation to national politics.
I am concerned that the news media are allowing national politicians to reverse the correct order of parliamentary democracy. The local area should be represented in Parliament and not the other way round. Danny Stupple is the only credible local candidate who is capable of bringing back local representation to national politics. timothyvince
  • Score: 0

11:53am Thu 21 Feb 13

The Wickham Man says...

So having made the UK some kind of overspill town for India, he's now come to Eastleigh to explain why we can't afford a better health service, or better transport, or better education. Do you think someone ought to tap him on the shoulder and explain?
So having made the UK some kind of overspill town for India, he's now come to Eastleigh to explain why we can't afford a better health service, or better transport, or better education. Do you think someone ought to tap him on the shoulder and explain? The Wickham Man
  • Score: 0

1:06pm Thu 21 Feb 13

southy says...

Cures for UK problem.

Bring back each trade to stick to there own trade in the work place. (do away with multi-trade)
rebuild a nationalise industary, where the profits go towards helping the country.
Reduce the retirement age to 55 (but let it be a choice weather to carry on working pass 55).
Reduce the working week to 30 hours (with out losing the power of earnings).
*Doing all above would create more jobs than there is unemployed.
Put back the finance strictions, put a stop to the super rich hoarding in off shore tax free banking. (this alone would bring in £120 billion in Tax revenue each year).
Close all tax loop holes, or remove the laws that create tax loop holes.
Replace Council Tax with the Rates system or add in more bands to council tax (even if it means running from A to Z).
Allow the Post Office to have there own Banking again.
Remove Expenses sheet that Thatcher interduce, and cut all MP'S and Lord's wages in half, if they need to employ staff then let it be the thier party pays for the staff that is needed, like it use to be before Thatcher mess about with and change things.
Traveling by MP's and Lord's only free when using public state transport, and other type of traveling and they pay for it.
Build tower block for MP's and Lord's to stay in free if they need to stay close to government.

These are just some of the ideas that can be done, to get rid of the national debt, getting the country out of the recession
Cures for UK problem. Bring back each trade to stick to there own trade in the work place. (do away with multi-trade) rebuild a nationalise industary, where the profits go towards helping the country. Reduce the retirement age to 55 (but let it be a choice weather to carry on working pass 55). Reduce the working week to 30 hours (with out losing the power of earnings). *Doing all above would create more jobs than there is unemployed. Put back the finance strictions, put a stop to the super rich hoarding in off shore tax free banking. (this alone would bring in £120 billion in Tax revenue each year). Close all tax loop holes, or remove the laws that create tax loop holes. Replace Council Tax with the Rates system or add in more bands to council tax (even if it means running from A to Z). Allow the Post Office to have there own Banking again. Remove Expenses sheet that Thatcher interduce, and cut all MP'S and Lord's wages in half, if they need to employ staff then let it be the thier party pays for the staff that is needed, like it use to be before Thatcher mess about with and change things. Traveling by MP's and Lord's only free when using public state transport, and other type of traveling and they pay for it. Build tower block for MP's and Lord's to stay in free if they need to stay close to government. These are just some of the ideas that can be done, to get rid of the national debt, getting the country out of the recession southy
  • Score: 0

1:24pm Thu 21 Feb 13

timothyvince says...

The most important starting point is to have a sense of common purpose and identity and a set of values to underpin community and nation. Without a basis of integrity in relationships there is no motivation for creating and building a successful economic community on a local, national or international level. In building a family or business or charity there must be trust within a moral framework. The national politicians must first demonstrate that they are trustworthy before trying to promote their party line. Whatever one thinks of Gay Marriage the Prime Minister and other main party leaders will be remembered in this Parliament for trampling on the traditional definition of marriage without properly consulting with the people at the local level or thinking through the consequences. You don't know what you've got til its gone. We will bitterly regret the lack of democracy in this Parliament. The voters in this By Election have an opportunity - which comes around once in a generation - to influence national policy. Danny Stupple is capable of communicating this and should be elected to represent Eastleigh in Parliament as opposed party hacks representing Parliament in Eastleigh.
The most important starting point is to have a sense of common purpose and identity and a set of values to underpin community and nation. Without a basis of integrity in relationships there is no motivation for creating and building a successful economic community on a local, national or international level. In building a family or business or charity there must be trust within a moral framework. The national politicians must first demonstrate that they are trustworthy before trying to promote their party line. Whatever one thinks of Gay Marriage the Prime Minister and other main party leaders will be remembered in this Parliament for trampling on the traditional definition of marriage without properly consulting with the people at the local level or thinking through the consequences. You don't know what you've got til its gone. We will bitterly regret the lack of democracy in this Parliament. The voters in this By Election have an opportunity - which comes around once in a generation - to influence national policy. Danny Stupple is capable of communicating this and should be elected to represent Eastleigh in Parliament as opposed party hacks representing Parliament in Eastleigh. timothyvince
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Thu 21 Feb 13

tintin33 says...

seems the local tory candidate has opposing views to her own prime minister.Who should go?
seems the local tory candidate has opposing views to her own prime minister.Who should go? tintin33
  • Score: 0

2:04pm Thu 21 Feb 13

timothyvince says...

David Cameron is in office but not in power. He has already gone! He is neither a Conservative nor a Prime Minister. Electors can no longer rely on the Queens Speech to know what's going on let alone Party Manifestos and Coalition Agreements!
David Cameron is in office but not in power. He has already gone! He is neither a Conservative nor a Prime Minister. Electors can no longer rely on the Queens Speech to know what's going on let alone Party Manifestos and Coalition Agreements! timothyvince
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Thu 21 Feb 13

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
Cures for UK problem.

Bring back each trade to stick to there own trade in the work place. (do away with multi-trade)
rebuild a nationalise industary, where the profits go towards helping the country.
Reduce the retirement age to 55 (but let it be a choice weather to carry on working pass 55).
Reduce the working week to 30 hours (with out losing the power of earnings).
*Doing all above would create more jobs than there is unemployed.
Put back the finance strictions, put a stop to the super rich hoarding in off shore tax free banking. (this alone would bring in £120 billion in Tax revenue each year).
Close all tax loop holes, or remove the laws that create tax loop holes.
Replace Council Tax with the Rates system or add in more bands to council tax (even if it means running from A to Z).
Allow the Post Office to have there own Banking again.
Remove Expenses sheet that Thatcher interduce, and cut all MP'S and Lord's wages in half, if they need to employ staff then let it be the thier party pays for the staff that is needed, like it use to be before Thatcher mess about with and change things.
Traveling by MP's and Lord's only free when using public state transport, and other type of traveling and they pay for it.
Build tower block for MP's and Lord's to stay in free if they need to stay close to government.

These are just some of the ideas that can be done, to get rid of the national debt, getting the country out of the recession
I won't even bother to unpick your arguments because you wouldn't understand anyway, but my company relocated to Europe because of sentiments like this and there was a nett loss to the UK economy. You may believe that there's a mythical £120 Billion just sat there waiting for you to fritter it away but when company after company desert the UK, whose pocket will you pick to underwrite your list of dreams?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Cures for UK problem. Bring back each trade to stick to there own trade in the work place. (do away with multi-trade) rebuild a nationalise industary, where the profits go towards helping the country. Reduce the retirement age to 55 (but let it be a choice weather to carry on working pass 55). Reduce the working week to 30 hours (with out losing the power of earnings). *Doing all above would create more jobs than there is unemployed. Put back the finance strictions, put a stop to the super rich hoarding in off shore tax free banking. (this alone would bring in £120 billion in Tax revenue each year). Close all tax loop holes, or remove the laws that create tax loop holes. Replace Council Tax with the Rates system or add in more bands to council tax (even if it means running from A to Z). Allow the Post Office to have there own Banking again. Remove Expenses sheet that Thatcher interduce, and cut all MP'S and Lord's wages in half, if they need to employ staff then let it be the thier party pays for the staff that is needed, like it use to be before Thatcher mess about with and change things. Traveling by MP's and Lord's only free when using public state transport, and other type of traveling and they pay for it. Build tower block for MP's and Lord's to stay in free if they need to stay close to government. These are just some of the ideas that can be done, to get rid of the national debt, getting the country out of the recession[/p][/quote]I won't even bother to unpick your arguments because you wouldn't understand anyway, but my company relocated to Europe because of sentiments like this and there was a nett loss to the UK economy. You may believe that there's a mythical £120 Billion just sat there waiting for you to fritter it away but when company after company desert the UK, whose pocket will you pick to underwrite your list of dreams? Torchie1
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Thu 21 Feb 13

MBHants says...

Southy said:
>>These are just some of the ideas...

That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make.

Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know".

You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century.

I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy.
Southy said: >>These are just some of the ideas... That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make. Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know". You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century. I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy. MBHants
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Thu 21 Feb 13

southy says...

MBHants wrote:
Southy said:
>>These are just some of the ideas...

That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make.

Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know".

You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century.

I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy.
Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few.

The edvidence is there by the amount of money that is printed and the amount that is in circulation and what is missing.
Cameron his self is a legal tax evader, he as millions in an off shore tax free banking, but he only small fry to the major players, theres all this money being hoared and not beeing used to invest in creating more jobs.
And yes Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off, and it don't matter how long ago, it could be a 1000 years ago for it matters, things will not change till policys are remored or change and for the years after Thatcher no government has or even though about changing, to much self intrest for there own greed.
[quote][p][bold]MBHants[/bold] wrote: Southy said: >>These are just some of the ideas... That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make. Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know". You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century. I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy.[/p][/quote]Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few. The edvidence is there by the amount of money that is printed and the amount that is in circulation and what is missing. Cameron his self is a legal tax evader, he as millions in an off shore tax free banking, but he only small fry to the major players, theres all this money being hoared and not beeing used to invest in creating more jobs. And yes Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off, and it don't matter how long ago, it could be a 1000 years ago for it matters, things will not change till policys are remored or change and for the years after Thatcher no government has or even though about changing, to much self intrest for there own greed. southy
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Thu 21 Feb 13

MBHants says...

southy wrote:
MBHants wrote:
Southy said:
>>These are just some of the ideas...

That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make.

Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know".

You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century.

I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy.
Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few.

The edvidence is there by the amount of money that is printed and the amount that is in circulation and what is missing.
Cameron his self is a legal tax evader, he as millions in an off shore tax free banking, but he only small fry to the major players, theres all this money being hoared and not beeing used to invest in creating more jobs.
And yes Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off, and it don't matter how long ago, it could be a 1000 years ago for it matters, things will not change till policys are remored or change and for the years after Thatcher no government has or even though about changing, to much self intrest for there own greed.
You have completely failed to see the point of my post. Willful ignorance is a dangerous trait in any aspiring politician!

>>Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few.

They are IDEAs only. They hold no more credence or validity than me saying something like "lets increase the cost of fishing licenses to pay for the NHS".
Without proper investigation, statistics and an actionable plan you will only attract the angry fringes of society to your cause. Most voters are rational thinking and like to see some plan with a reason behind it rather than seemingly biased and arbitrary concepts presented to us.

>>Cameron his self is a legal tax evader
So you are accusing him of breaking the law? Or do you mean tax avoidance? This negligible attention to detail is why so many don't take you seriously Pete. You need to be careful in the words you use - we have seen how this can get public figures in trouble recently ;)

>>Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off
Of course. Everything was rosy until 1979. Then Thatcher came in and acted like a dictator. Or was she a product of the time? She was given the power to do what the, majority, of people of the country believed was right. Your world view has been poisoned by your hate of her and it seems to shape everything you say without the ability to look at the bigger picture outside your own goldfish bowl.

My personal belief is that what Thatcher did was very painful for vast swathes of the population, but it dragged the UK into a position ready for the new century. Fact: manufacturing and labour is being outsourced by all the 1st world countries, and if that was still our primary focus we'd have globally slipped behind as a leader in any meaningful field.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MBHants[/bold] wrote: Southy said: >>These are just some of the ideas... That's the problem, they are just ideas. You have done no research about the wider repercussions or actually calculated the effect implementing all these measures would make. Your numbers are meaningless without some evidence to back them up, and until then people are likely to vote for "better the devil you know". You also, as usual, mention Thatcher twice in your post - maybe it's time to look to the future not the past. She has not been in power for almost a quarter of a century. I will say that having read your post though, I do think we should invest more as a nation in education and basic literacy.[/p][/quote]Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few. The edvidence is there by the amount of money that is printed and the amount that is in circulation and what is missing. Cameron his self is a legal tax evader, he as millions in an off shore tax free banking, but he only small fry to the major players, theres all this money being hoared and not beeing used to invest in creating more jobs. And yes Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off, and it don't matter how long ago, it could be a 1000 years ago for it matters, things will not change till policys are remored or change and for the years after Thatcher no government has or even though about changing, to much self intrest for there own greed.[/p][/quote]You have completely failed to see the point of my post. Willful ignorance is a dangerous trait in any aspiring politician! >>Ideas that can be implented for the benefit of the majority, but its not going to happen under any right wing government they only care about the few. They are IDEAs only. They hold no more credence or validity than me saying something like "lets increase the cost of fishing licenses to pay for the NHS". Without proper investigation, statistics and an actionable plan you will only attract the angry fringes of society to your cause. Most voters are rational thinking and like to see some plan with a reason behind it rather than seemingly biased and arbitrary concepts presented to us. >>Cameron his self is a legal tax evader So you are accusing him of breaking the law? Or do you mean tax avoidance? This negligible attention to detail is why so many don't take you seriously Pete. You need to be careful in the words you use - we have seen how this can get public figures in trouble recently ;) >>Thatcher was the one to blame she started all off this off Of course. Everything was rosy until 1979. Then Thatcher came in and acted like a dictator. Or was she a product of the time? She was given the power to do what the, majority, of people of the country believed was right. Your world view has been poisoned by your hate of her and it seems to shape everything you say without the ability to look at the bigger picture outside your own goldfish bowl. My personal belief is that what Thatcher did was very painful for vast swathes of the population, but it dragged the UK into a position ready for the new century. Fact: manufacturing and labour is being outsourced by all the 1st world countries, and if that was still our primary focus we'd have globally slipped behind as a leader in any meaningful field. MBHants
  • Score: 0

3:45pm Thu 21 Feb 13

southy says...

i did say legal tax evader, note the word legal.
Thatcher got in power on a lie to the country, and the back lash against the Labour Party at the time and the women vote.
What she done was not in the best interest to the country and its people, it was self interest for greed of power and money for personaly for her self and other rich and powerful friends, people who voted her in power back in 1979 to many of them now say that wish that they did not it was a major error on there part, and yes she was a dictator, she dictated to the party and her cabinet
i did say legal tax evader, note the word legal. Thatcher got in power on a lie to the country, and the back lash against the Labour Party at the time and the women vote. What she done was not in the best interest to the country and its people, it was self interest for greed of power and money for personaly for her self and other rich and powerful friends, people who voted her in power back in 1979 to many of them now say that wish that they did not it was a major error on there part, and yes she was a dictator, she dictated to the party and her cabinet southy
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Thu 21 Feb 13

MBHants says...

southy wrote:
i did say legal tax evader, note the word legal.
Thatcher got in power on a lie to the country, and the back lash against the Labour Party at the time and the women vote.
What she done was not in the best interest to the country and its people, it was self interest for greed of power and money for personaly for her self and other rich and powerful friends, people who voted her in power back in 1979 to many of them now say that wish that they did not it was a major error on there part, and yes she was a dictator, she dictated to the party and her cabinet
That's like saying "legal murder" when you mean "manslaughter". The choice of words is misleading and dishonest. You'll make a fine Councillor one day :)

Thatchers legacy is analogous to cutting off a gangrenous limb. Bloody painful, but the healthier option over the long term.

>>and the women vote
Are you saying people voted tory just for a female PM? And I suspect Obama only got elected because he is half black, right?

>>people who voted her in power back in 1979...wish that they did not

Then the public really are dim witted to vote for her again in 83 and 87...
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: i did say legal tax evader, note the word legal. Thatcher got in power on a lie to the country, and the back lash against the Labour Party at the time and the women vote. What she done was not in the best interest to the country and its people, it was self interest for greed of power and money for personaly for her self and other rich and powerful friends, people who voted her in power back in 1979 to many of them now say that wish that they did not it was a major error on there part, and yes she was a dictator, she dictated to the party and her cabinet[/p][/quote]That's like saying "legal murder" when you mean "manslaughter". The choice of words is misleading and dishonest. You'll make a fine Councillor one day :) Thatchers legacy is analogous to cutting off a gangrenous limb. Bloody painful, but the healthier option over the long term. >>and the women vote Are you saying people voted tory just for a female PM? And I suspect Obama only got elected because he is half black, right? >>people who voted her in power back in 1979...wish that they did not Then the public really are dim witted to vote for her again in 83 and 87... MBHants
  • Score: 0

5:08pm Thu 21 Feb 13

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham says...

Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election?
Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days.
But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?!
Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election? Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days. But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?! Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham
  • Score: 0

5:18pm Thu 21 Feb 13

The Wickham Man says...

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G
raham
wrote:
Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election?
Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days.
But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?!
Post something a bit more mature and related to specific policy and people might debate it, you ridiculous little berk. All socialists can do is smear a caricature because they cannot argue on fact.
.
[quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election? Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days. But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?![/p][/quote]Post something a bit more mature and related to specific policy and people might debate it, you ridiculous little berk. All socialists can do is smear a caricature because they cannot argue on fact. . The Wickham Man
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Thu 21 Feb 13

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham says...

The Wickham Man wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham wrote: Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election? Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days. But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?!
Post something a bit more mature and related to specific policy and people might debate it, you ridiculous little berk. All socialists can do is smear a caricature because they cannot argue on fact. .
"Smear a caricature"? You make me laugh, you do.
I'm just pointing out the cold hard facts of electoral law.
Deal with it, Toryboy.
[quote][p][bold]The Wickham Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: Does anyone else find the level of positive coverage that this disgusting little warmongering freak is getting from the tory Daily Echo rather disturbing in light of the fact that the media has to be seen to be impartial BY LAW in the run up to an election? Of course, I could be wrong - and plans to include minute-by-minute glorifications of the UKIP, Socialist, Lib-Dem, Labour and all the other parties' candidates could well be in the pipeline for following days. But somehow, I doubt it. Don't you?![/p][/quote]Post something a bit more mature and related to specific policy and people might debate it, you ridiculous little berk. All socialists can do is smear a caricature because they cannot argue on fact. .[/p][/quote]"Smear a caricature"? You make me laugh, you do. I'm just pointing out the cold hard facts of electoral law. Deal with it, Toryboy. Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree