When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Asbestos death of postman
5:00am Wednesday 10th April 2013 in News
A FORMER Post Office worker breathed in deadly asbestos spores during mail collections at Southampton Docks, an inquest heard.
He worked for the firm until 1972 and Mr Roshier was in good health before he deteriorated in 2006. Mr Roshier died in October last year.
Pathologist Dr Norman Carr, from Southampton General Hospital, said Mr Roshier suffered from malignant mesothelioma that affected the chest cavity.
Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death by industrial disease.
Comments are closed on this article.