Woman rescued from blazing home

Daily Echo: Woman rescued from blazing home Woman rescued from blazing home

A woman was rescued after a blaze broke out in her Southampton home early today.

Firefighters had to burst open the front door of the house in Shirley where they found the woman asleep in a bedroom.

Emergency services had been alerted by neighbours who heard the fire alarm at about 4.20am.

The woman resident in the home in Thornbury Avenue had left a pan of boiling pasta on the hob and fallen asleep.

Two fire engines from St Marys fire station attended the incident and put the blaze out before it caused much damage.

The woman was uninjured.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree