Open verdict in drug overdose death

A MAN who died of a drugs overdose was being evicted from his home, an inquest heard.

Graham Bowden, 30, was found dead by his brother, Daniel, in the early hours on June 11 at their mother’s house.

The father-of-two had reportedly suffered from long-standing anxiety and depression as a result of drug addiction but had been seeking treatment in the months prior to his death.

He had been referred to The Bridge in Eastleigh, an open access substance misuse centre.

The inquest heard Mr Bowden had recently been served an eviction notice from his home at Sedgewick Court, Easteligh. It had made him depressed, according to his mother, Diane McGovern.

His mother had said goodbye to her son at her home in Templecombe Road, on the day she left for a holiday in Mexico, stating “he was in good spirits.”

In a statement read out at the inquest, she said: “I’m completely shocked and surprised by his sudden death.

“Everyone said how well he was doing and he looked so well.”

Deputy coroner for Central Hampshire, Simon Burge recorded an open verdict.

Mr Bowden left a fiancée, Zoe Anderson, and two sons, aged 12 and eight.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree