Blaze in chimney stack

EMERGENCY services attended a chimney fire in a Hampshire village.

A chimney stack caught fire at a house in Queen Street, Twyford on Boxing Day and a fire engine headed to the blaze at 8.45pm.

A spokesman at Winchester Fire Station said there were no casualties.

It was the second chimney fire in Twyford in December, following another at the start of the month.

Hampshire fire chiefs recently sent out a warning about the dangers of not having chimneys cleaned regularly, particularly in thatched homes.

They advise having all chimneys regularly examined.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree