When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Pensioner tries to put out fire in neighbour's flat
12:27pm Thursday 30th January 2014 in News
AN ELDERLY resident was treated for the effects of inhaling smoke after trying to help put out a fire.
Firefighters were called to a residential home at Sutherland Court, Chandler's Ford, where people live independently, run by First Wessex, where a resident had a chip pan fire in her kitchen.
A 75-year-old woman treated afterwards had gone in to the flat to help her neighbour.
A crew from Eastleigh attended but found the fire was out on arrival, but had caused some damage to the wall, and used fans to ventilate the kitchen and the corridor of smoke.
They gave the woman oxygen at the scene as she was suffering from smoke inhalation but she did not have to go to hospital following the incident, which happened shortly after 6pm on Wednesday.
Comments are closed on this article.