One of the gang accused of murdering a man in a Southampton flat pleaded with his friend to dispose of a gun moments after the fatal shooting, a court heard.
Isaac Boateng urged Jemmikai Orlebar-Forbes to get rid of the handgun after the pair fled from the flat where Jahmel Jones was killed on April 20 last year.
The 22-year-old said he “didn’t want any involvement” and told a judge he had no idea where the gun came from.
Giving evidence, 22-year-old Boateng told jurors at Winchester Crown Court how he, Orlebar-Forbes and Pierre Lewis, who are all charged with murdering Mr Jones, visited a flat in St Mary’s Street that morning.
He claims he opened the door to Jahmel Jones and his friend Jason Hoitt and was punched to the floor and then kicked as a “tussle” broke out with Orlebar-Forbes and Mr Jones.
Boateng told jurors: “I heard the first bang – it was a loud bang. I could see Lucky tumbling back and Orlebar moving forward. That’s when I heard the second shot. Orlebar was standing still, looking down. He was not moving and ran out straight away. I just followed him.
“I just saw someone drop to the floor with a whole lot of blood around him. I was shocked. I didn’t know what to do.”
Boateng told the court that at a flat in Basingstoke later that day he watched as Orlebar-Forbes pulled the weapon from his pocket.
“He said he took it because he thought his prints were on it.
“I remember being very anxious about what happened and seeing the gun put it in reality. I said ‘Why did you bring that back with you?’ I told him to get rid of it. I didn’t want any involvement with it.”
Lewis, 20, of Barnes, Orlebar-Forbes, 20, of London, and Boateng, 22, of Hounslow, all deny murder but have pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
Rachel Kenehan, 35, from London, denies conspiracy to supply class A drugs, assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice.