When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Rogues gallery of Hampshire's 50 most wanted criminal - February 2014
Updated 1:59pm Thursday 27th March 2014 in News
THEY are the most wanted criminals across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
They are among nearly 50 people wanted for a string of crimes across the region stored on a database by crime-busting charity Crimestoppers.
The charity has launched a new Unknowns Gallery to mark its 10,000th appeal featuring CCTV images, police shots and efits.
The gallery allows police and other law enforcement bodies to upload images of the individuals they require names for.
They include 22-year-old Michael Lee Green, pictured, who is on the run from prison.
There are also a further 25 appeals in the Portsmouth area.
The suspects are wanted by the police and other law enforcement organisations such as the National Crime Agency, HMRC and the UK Border Force for crimes ranging from thefts to serial sexual assaults.
More than 2,600 people have been arrested since the most wanted database was launched in 2005.
In 2013, there were more than 217 new appeals that led to the arrests of 86 most wanted individuals in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
A total of 27 other suspects were identified.
Det Supt Jessica Wadsworth, from Hampshire police, said: “Most Wanted has been used very effectively in the force area since its launch in 2005, which has led to a large number of suspects being arrested.
“Information from the public is always invaluable in the fight against crime and developing the Unknowns Gallery really will help make a difference in our community.”
Julia Hughes, Crimestoppers’ regional manager for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, said: “Most Wanted has proved to be a hugely beneficial service for law enforcement agencies and the UK public over the last nine years in helping locate wanted suspects and convicted criminals.
“The Unknowns Gallery will help to build on this platform with a view to improving arrest rates in all areas of crime and ultimately help to make Hampshire and the Isle of Wight an even safer place to live.”
If you know any of them contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Among those most wanted are:
- Theft from shop in Stockbridge.
Police want to speak to these men in connection with a theft at a lingerie shop in High Street, Stockbridge, on July 7, 2013.
A female member of staff had her handbag taken from a back office while she was dealing with customers.
- Wanted person Gonzales Santana is wanted by police in connection with a burglary in Moons Hill, Freshwater, in 2004.
The 57-year-old, also known as Eddy, is around 5ft 8ins with receding hair.
- Wanted person Dima Bunu is wanted after an ATM was tampered with outside a bank in Newport on December 4, 2013.
- Wanted person Theofanis Leontis is wanted in connection with the theft of a motor vehicle and other fraud offences in April last year.
He is around 5ft 6ins, Greek, and is 55-years-old.
- Wanted person John David Delemere is wanted in connection with the theft of £1,500 from a work colleague in High Street, Ryde, on December 26, 2012.
The 30-year-old was born in Birmingham and is around 5ft 8ins.
- Theft from a shop in East Cowes Police want to speak to this man after alcohol was taken from the Waitrose store in Well Road, East Cowes, on June 21, 2013.
- Theft from a shop in Ryde Officers say this man concealed a bottle of wine in his coat at a Coop store in Somerset Road, Ryde, before running out of the shop.
The incident happened on February 17, 2013.
- Burglary at the Conservative Club in Winchester.
Officers released this CCTV image after the Conservative Club in Highfield Lodge, Worthy Lane, Winchester, was burgled on June 23, 2013.
- Thefts from a shop in Fareham.
Police want to speak to this man after goods were stolen from a Co-op store in Broadcut, Fareham, on two occasions.
The suspect has a shaved head and tattoos on his calves.
- Deception in a shop in Fareham.
A man and a woman carried out a deception technique on a cashier at an Asda store in Fareham, police say.
They took £250 during the incident at Speedfields Park, Fareham, on May 17, 2013.
- Theft from a shop in Fareham.
This CCTV image was released after a woman fled with £115-worth of washing products from a Co-op store in White Hart Lane, Fareham, on July 28, 2013.
- Attempted theft from a shop in Fareham.
Police want to speak to this man after alcohol worth £446.45 was smuggled out of the Asda store in Speedfields Park, Fareham, on May 25, 2013.
- Theft from a shop in Sarisbury Green.
Around £390 of cheese was taken from a display at the One Stop store in Bridge Road, Sarisbury Green, on October 15, 2013.
Police want to speak to this man after he was seen running out of the store, almost knocking a customer to the ground.
- Theft from a shop in Fareham.
Officers say two men of eastern European appearance entered the Asda store in Speedfields Park, Fareham, and filled a trolley with packs of chewing gum on January 28, 2013.
- Theft from a shop in Gosport.
CCTV images show a man walking into a Co-op store in Carisbrook Road, Gosport, and filling a basket with meat and groceries worth around £85.
He ran out of the store with the haul, making no attempt to pay.
The incident took place on May 4, 2013.
- Theft from shop in Hedge End.
Police in Hedge End are seeking witnesses who may have spotted two Middle Eastern men in Lower Northam Road on July 24, 2013.
The men are described as being of stocky build, wearing shorts, and aged in their late 20s to early 30s.
- Indecent assault in Southampton.
Police want to speak to this man in connection with an indecent assault in Southampton.
She was subsequently assaulted in Western Esplanade, Southampton, on August 4, 2013.
- Attempted robbery in Southampton.
This efit image was released after a man reached into a car and tried to take an iPad in Bernard Street, Southampton, on August 14, 2013.
The man is black or mixed race, around 40 years old, and 5ft 11ins.
The suspect wore a red zipped running jacket with white stripes on the arms.
- Wanted for recall to prison.
22-year-old Michael Lee Green is wanted for recall to prison following a crime committed in Sedbergh Road, Southampton, on July 12, 2013.
- Wanted for serious assault.
John Levy is believed to be in the Southampton area and is wanted for a serious assault in Pulborough, Sussex.
- Daniel Hyde
Daniel Hyde, aged between 40-45, is wanted on recall for breaching prison release conditions following a drugs crime in Hastings.
He has a London accent and tattoos on both arms.
- Theft of Lap top from Shroner Wood Services on Winchester
An unknown man walked into a hotel at the Shroner Wood Winchester services on the M3 motorway and took a laptop on January 29 this year.
- Robbery and abduction in Lymington.
Hampshire police are appealing directly to a suspected armed robber to surrender to police after a woman was kidnapped and a car was stolen in Rookes Lane, Lymington, on December 14, 2012.
- Theft from shop on Southampton
A man took £277 in £1 and 50p coins from a Co-op store in Burgess Road Southampton
- Theft from shop in Andover.
Police want to speak to this man after a woman’s iPhone was stolen from a pub garden in High Street, Andover, on June 10, 2013.
Comments are closed on this article.