Five people flee fire in flat at The Dell in Southampton

Daily Echo: Firefighters at the blaze in Stokes Court at The Dell in Southampton Firefighters at the blaze in Stokes Court at The Dell in Southampton

FIVE people - including a child - escaped a fire at a block of flats this morning.

Four crews from St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown are at the scene in Stokes Court, in the city centre, on the site of The Dell, where the fire started just before 9.30am.

The fire started in a ground floor flat, which was empty at the time, but the three people living immediately above it and a mum and her child on the top floor were able to flee without injury.

Investigations are under way into the cause of the fire, but it is believed it may have been started by candles.

The fire is now out and fire crews are using a fan to clear away the smoke. The extent of the damage inside the flat is not yet known.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:49pm Wed 19 Feb 14

TheMekon says...

Not nice at all.
Not nice at all. TheMekon

11:47am Tue 25 Feb 14

owenmahamilton says...

If the flat was empty at the time, who lit the candles?
If the flat was empty at the time, who lit the candles? owenmahamilton

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree