Man injured while tackling blaze in his Southampton home

A generic image of a fire and rescue officer

A generic image of a fire and rescue officer

First published in News
Last updated

FIRE chiefs have issued a warning to householders after a man was injured tackling a blaze in his Southampton home.

He received burns to his head and face while putting out a chip pan fire in his top floor flat in Cranbury Avenue.

A woman in the property was also taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

One of the firefighters called to the scene said: “Our message to householders in situations like this is get out, stay out – and call us out.”

The injured man is thought to have used a damp tea towel to smother the fire, which left the second floor flat severely smoke-logged.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree