Sailor injured in fire at Swanwick marina

Swanwick Marina

Swanwick Marina

First published in News
Last updated

A SAILOR suffered minor burns after a fire broke out at Swanwick marina.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said a man was heating wax on one of the boats moored at Swanwick Marina when the blaze began.

A 35ft boat was damaged in the fire, which spread to a neighbouring vessel.

A fire service spokesman said one man suffered minor burns in the incident and was treated at the scene by paramedics from South Central Ambulance Service.

The blaze was put out by firefighters from Cosham.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree