Asbestos led to fatal cancer

Daily Echo: Asbestos led to fatal cancer Asbestos led to fatal cancer

A PENSIONER died after she was exposed to asbestos, an inquest heard.

Patricia Wieland died at her home at The Bucklers, Milford on Sea, on January 14 this year of right-sided epithelioid mesothelioma.

The Southampton inquest heard that Mrs Wieland had worked for Boots, the chemist many years ago until she left that job in the 1970s.

In a statement before she died, Mrs Wieland told how the Victorian building where she worked, in Walsall, West Midlands, had a network of hot water and heating pipes lagged with asbestos, the inquest heard.

The inquest heard the 65-year-old had spent a lot of time there stock checking and replacing stock.

Mrs Wieland was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2009.

A verdict of death from industrial disease was recorded.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree