When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Man sleeps through blaze
7:55pm Sunday 30th March 2014 in News
THE kitchen of a Southampton home caught fire when a man fell asleep while cooking burgers.
Firefighters were called to the house in Redbridge Hill at 3.05am yesterday.
The occupant, a 43-year-old man, had been cooking burgers in a pan on the stove, but had fallen asleep.
Even though his smoke alarm went |off, he did not wake up and his neighbours eventually called |firefighters who were forced to break into |the flat.
The man, who was uninjured in the incident, was woken up by the firefighters.
Speaking after the fire, watch manager Simon Packer said: |“I would like to warn people against leaving cooking unattended by being distracted, sitting down or falling asleep.
“You should always keep an eye on it.”
Comments are closed on this article.