Winchester mum angry at being asked to take screaming sick child out of surgery

‘HUMILIATED’: Donna Galliott and daughter Lily.

‘HUMILIATED’: Donna Galliott and daughter Lily.

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by

A HAMPSHIRE mum is demanding an apology after claiming she was thrown out of a doctor’s waiting room because her daughter was crying.

Donna Galliott had taken her sick one-year-old daughter Lily for an emergency appointment at Winchester’s St Clements Surgery.

As doctors were running late, the pair had sat for 20 minutes past their allotted time in the waiting room.

But because her toddler was distressed and screaming in pain, Donna says a receptionist told her to take the sick child outside and wait there.

“I felt so humiliated, it was awful,” she said.

“Lily had been unwell with a temperature for a week. When I noticed blistering on the roof of her mouth I rang the surgery and was told to bring her straight in.

“We arrived just after 5pm for an appointment at 5.10pm, but were still waiting at 5.30pm. Lily wasn’t comfortable, she was screaming.

“Then we were thrown out of the waiting room – the receptionist said ‘you’re making too much noise’. I could feel myself welling up.”

Donna decided to have Lily seen elsewhere, and cancelled her appointment.

An out-of-hours consultation later that evening concluded the tot was suffering from a viral infection.

Donna, of Holly Meadows, Teg Down, who holds down two jobs as well as being a mum, rang St Clements Surgery practice manager Kathy Bracher to complain – but says she has not received an apology.

Fellow patient Julie Hicks said she saw the pair being ejected: “I couldn’t believe what was happening and really felt for them. There were only two other people in the waiting room, who didn’t seem bothered.

“Anyone with small kids understands they scream when they’re ill – it’s just the way it is. It was disgraceful and well out of order.”

Related links

Ms Bracher later told the Daily Echo that medical confidentiality meant that she was unable to comment.

Comments (64)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:35am Tue 8 Apr 14

chimneysweep 1234 says...

Screaming kids grrr they should be given a fast track appointment to get them out quick ..
Screaming kids grrr they should be given a fast track appointment to get them out quick .. chimneysweep 1234
  • Score: 35

11:41am Tue 8 Apr 14

townieboy says...

Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others.
Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others. townieboy
  • Score: -48

11:43am Tue 8 Apr 14

exforester says...

Once upon a dream, doctors would make a home call.....
Once upon a dream, doctors would make a home call..... exforester
  • Score: 71

11:44am Tue 8 Apr 14

From the sidelines says...

A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery?

Parent of the year award coming up.

Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients.
A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery? Parent of the year award coming up. Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients. From the sidelines
  • Score: -34

11:54am Tue 8 Apr 14

Missdoyle says...

From the sidelines wrote:
A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery?

Parent of the year award coming up.

Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients.
You don't take your child to the docs everytime there's.a temperature that's what things like calpol is for. If the doctors wherebt.always running late this wouldn't have happened.. The concern for the mother was not the temp but the blisters..
[quote][p][bold]From the sidelines[/bold] wrote: A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery? Parent of the year award coming up. Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients.[/p][/quote]You don't take your child to the docs everytime there's.a temperature that's what things like calpol is for. If the doctors wherebt.always running late this wouldn't have happened.. The concern for the mother was not the temp but the blisters.. Missdoyle
  • Score: 64

11:57am Tue 8 Apr 14

sotonboy84 says...

This story was reported by the DE last week.
This story was reported by the DE last week. sotonboy84
  • Score: 0

12:08pm Tue 8 Apr 14

WinchesterResient1991 says...

i think this is disgusting! when i have been in this surgery previously there have been screaming children! but what else is a child supposed to do to show they are ill?
and the people commenting agreeing Donna and her child should be told to wait outside clearly dont know what its like to have an ill child!
i think this is disgusting! when i have been in this surgery previously there have been screaming children! but what else is a child supposed to do to show they are ill? and the people commenting agreeing Donna and her child should be told to wait outside clearly dont know what its like to have an ill child! WinchesterResient1991
  • Score: 32

12:14pm Tue 8 Apr 14

100%HANTSBOY says...

What a cop-out
"Ms Bracher later told the Daily Echo that medical confidentiality meant that she was unable to comment."
Grow a pair Ms Bracher and tell it how it is!
Jeeeesh this mega PC world gets my goat!
What a cop-out "Ms Bracher later told the Daily Echo that medical confidentiality meant that she was unable to comment." Grow a pair Ms Bracher and tell it how it is! Jeeeesh this mega PC world gets my goat! 100%HANTSBOY
  • Score: 23

12:20pm Tue 8 Apr 14

WinchesterResient1991 says...

100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
[quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill? WinchesterResient1991
  • Score: 14

12:22pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Beer Monster says...

100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
Indeed, his grasp of the English language is astounding.
[quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]Indeed, his grasp of the English language is astounding. Beer Monster
  • Score: 11

12:24pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Bubsy1 says...

Shameful. The receptionist should be fired. Maybe they could find a new job... prison warden perhaps?
Shameful. The receptionist should be fired. Maybe they could find a new job... prison warden perhaps? Bubsy1
  • Score: 23

12:25pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Brite Spark says...

WinchesterResient199
1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
[quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree). Brite Spark
  • Score: -11

12:37pm Tue 8 Apr 14

S!monOn says...

Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199

1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
I've always wondered what made you into an idiot.
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]I've always wondered what made you into an idiot. S!monOn
  • Score: 9

12:42pm Tue 8 Apr 14

camerajuan says...

Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199

1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts!
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts! camerajuan
  • Score: 1

12:44pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Brite Spark says...

camerajuan wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199


1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts!
Oh dear.
Head = Over
[quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts![/p][/quote]Oh dear. Head = Over Brite Spark
  • Score: -4

1:00pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Sarfhampton2 says...

Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199

1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
What a sick twisted person
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]What a sick twisted person Sarfhampton2
  • Score: 7

1:07pm Tue 8 Apr 14

WinchesterResient1991 says...

Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199 1 wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
so how does this mean you discipline an ill child! i really hope u dont have kids
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]so how does this mean you discipline an ill child! i really hope u dont have kids WinchesterResient1991
  • Score: 6

1:12pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Jesta-a-View says...

What have we become when we cannot tolerate the cries of a sick child?

Disgraceful, abusive behaviour from the Surgery Staff and they should remember what a Doctor's Surgery is there for.

Little children do not understand illness and cannot articulate how they are feeling in any other way.

As for some of the morons commenting...what a shame YOU were not put down at birth!
What have we become when we cannot tolerate the cries of a sick child? Disgraceful, abusive behaviour from the Surgery Staff and they should remember what a Doctor's Surgery is there for. Little children do not understand illness and cannot articulate how they are feeling in any other way. As for some of the morons commenting...what a shame YOU were not put down at birth! Jesta-a-View
  • Score: 31

1:16pm Tue 8 Apr 14

RED & WHITE..RED & WHITE says...

Hope the child has made a recovery shame on the receptionist
Hope the child has made a recovery shame on the receptionist RED & WHITE..RED & WHITE
  • Score: 29

1:20pm Tue 8 Apr 14

100%HANTSBOY says...

Brite Spark wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199



1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts!
Oh dear.
Head = Over
Exactly what I thought,I KNEW you were joking,....some people,eh? !
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts![/p][/quote]Oh dear. Head = Over[/p][/quote]Exactly what I thought,I KNEW you were joking,....some people,eh? ! 100%HANTSBOY
  • Score: -1

1:29pm Tue 8 Apr 14

From the sidelines says...

S!monOn wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199


1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
I've always wondered what made you into an idiot.
In this case, a sound moral compass.

Now, what's your excuse?
[quote][p][bold]S!monOn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]I've always wondered what made you into an idiot.[/p][/quote]In this case, a sound moral compass. Now, what's your excuse? From the sidelines
  • Score: -2

1:42pm Tue 8 Apr 14

-stiv- says...

Outrageous. Those medical receptionists quite often go mad with power. Not all of them mind you. But when they're horrible, they're really horrible.

Just to let you know. If you ever get messed about with by a GP like this and you have a sick child, you can take your little one straight up to E-Level in Southampton General and ask to be seen at the Paediatric Assessment Unit. No waiting in A+E, no triage, you can just walk right in an see a doctor.
Outrageous. Those medical receptionists quite often go mad with power. Not all of them mind you. But when they're horrible, they're really horrible. Just to let you know. If you ever get messed about with by a GP like this and you have a sick child, you can take your little one straight up to E-Level in Southampton General and ask to be seen at the Paediatric Assessment Unit. No waiting in A+E, no triage, you can just walk right in an see a doctor. -stiv-
  • Score: 19

1:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

ToastyTea says...

If this was my GP surgery I would give the receptionist evil stares when I went in there next.
If this was my GP surgery I would give the receptionist evil stares when I went in there next. ToastyTea
  • Score: -2

1:56pm Tue 8 Apr 14

H0ckeyd says...

Crikey there are some miserable blighters on here today!!

I have a serious neuro condition that makes it hard for me to cope with high pitched screams but if the poor child was sick, which is why she's in the place to begin with, why complain? Although these places do tend to be clogged up with old people who have nothing better to do than moan or take up space in a doctor's clinic for all manner of self-healing problems so really...who should be told to leave the waiting area I would say.
Crikey there are some miserable blighters on here today!! I have a serious neuro condition that makes it hard for me to cope with high pitched screams but if the poor child was sick, which is why she's in the place to begin with, why complain? Although these places do tend to be clogged up with old people who have nothing better to do than moan or take up space in a doctor's clinic for all manner of self-healing problems so really...who should be told to leave the waiting area I would say. H0ckeyd
  • Score: 12

1:58pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Terry_Nutkins says...

Doctor's receptionists.....nu
ff said! Wonder if she was the usual, belittling, 50+ something women that normally inhibit surgeries and has severe attitude disorders!! No stereotypes of course!! ;o)
Doctor's receptionists.....nu ff said! Wonder if she was the usual, belittling, 50+ something women that normally inhibit surgeries and has severe attitude disorders!! No stereotypes of course!! ;o) Terry_Nutkins
  • Score: -4

2:02pm Tue 8 Apr 14

ToastyTea says...

Terry_Nutkins wrote:
Doctor's receptionists.....nu ff said! Wonder if she was the usual, belittling, 50+ something women that normally inhibit surgeries and has severe attitude disorders!! No stereotypes of course!! ;o)
There is one in St Marys surgery who is the worst for this, if anyone is a patient there they will know who I mean.
[quote][p][bold]Terry_Nutkins[/bold] wrote: Doctor's receptionists.....nu ff said! Wonder if she was the usual, belittling, 50+ something women that normally inhibit surgeries and has severe attitude disorders!! No stereotypes of course!! ;o)[/p][/quote]There is one in St Marys surgery who is the worst for this, if anyone is a patient there they will know who I mean. ToastyTea
  • Score: 3

2:09pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Rockhopper says...

Don't worry Donna you can make an official complaint to NHS England about the this matter.
They have an official complaints procedure and I can assure you they will investigate the surgery's actions.
Here is the link:
http://www.nhs.uk/ch
oiceintheNHS/Yourcho
ices/GPchoice/Pages/
GPcomplaints.aspx
Don't worry Donna you can make an official complaint to NHS England about the this matter. They have an official complaints procedure and I can assure you they will investigate the surgery's actions. Here is the link: http://www.nhs.uk/ch oiceintheNHS/Yourcho ices/GPchoice/Pages/ GPcomplaints.aspx Rockhopper
  • Score: 9

2:13pm Tue 8 Apr 14

whatwentwrongworld says...

And one at Nichols Town who is quite possibly the rudest woman on earth!
And one at Nichols Town who is quite possibly the rudest woman on earth! whatwentwrongworld
  • Score: 2

2:36pm Tue 8 Apr 14

redsnapper says...

Some parent's no longer make any effort or do not have the wit to calm a squealing child, whether the child is well or not. Go to ant supermarket check out and tbe nouse xan be unbearable. There again GP receptionists can be equally distressing.
Some parent's no longer make any effort or do not have the wit to calm a squealing child, whether the child is well or not. Go to ant supermarket check out and tbe nouse xan be unbearable. There again GP receptionists can be equally distressing. redsnapper
  • Score: 3

2:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

S!monOn says...

From the sidelines wrote:
S!monOn wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199



1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
I've always wondered what made you into an idiot.
In this case, a sound moral compass.

Now, what's your excuse?
I was expecting better from you. Tut tut.

What's your excuse?
[quote][p][bold]From the sidelines[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]S!monOn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]I've always wondered what made you into an idiot.[/p][/quote]In this case, a sound moral compass. Now, what's your excuse?[/p][/quote]I was expecting better from you. Tut tut. What's your excuse? S!monOn
  • Score: -2

3:27pm Tue 8 Apr 14

The irate commuter says...

PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !! The irate commuter
  • Score: 26

3:44pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Hants19 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
From the sidelines wrote:
A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery?

Parent of the year award coming up.

Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients.
You don't take your child to the docs everytime there's.a temperature that's what things like calpol is for. If the doctors wherebt.always running late this wouldn't have happened.. The concern for the mother was not the temp but the blisters..
It was actually the weekend with a temperature!!
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]From the sidelines[/bold] wrote: A one year-old, with a temperature, and it takes you a week to ring the surgery? Parent of the year award coming up. Notwithstanding your lack of consideration for the comfort of other patients.[/p][/quote]You don't take your child to the docs everytime there's.a temperature that's what things like calpol is for. If the doctors wherebt.always running late this wouldn't have happened.. The concern for the mother was not the temp but the blisters..[/p][/quote]It was actually the weekend with a temperature!! Hants19
  • Score: -2

3:48pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Superior Being says...

The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
So..........you are either the receptionist or one of the other 2 patients???
[quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]So..........you are either the receptionist or one of the other 2 patients??? Superior Being
  • Score: 5

3:48pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Hants19 says...

WinchesterResient199
1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
Hard at work that's where he was, providing for his family! You make us sound like we have no idea! I can tell you now you are completely wrong! And she wasn't being naughty she was unwell!!
[quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]Hard at work that's where he was, providing for his family! You make us sound like we have no idea! I can tell you now you are completely wrong! And she wasn't being naughty she was unwell!! Hants19
  • Score: 1

3:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

camerajuan says...

Brite Spark wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199



1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts!
Oh dear.
Head = Over
For something to go over my head it needs to be present. This is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen.

Tree does not equal child as chalk does not equal banjo.
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]Did you give yourself this nickname? A sapling is not the same as a 1 yr old capable of independent thoughts![/p][/quote]Oh dear. Head = Over[/p][/quote]For something to go over my head it needs to be present. This is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen. Tree does not equal child as chalk does not equal banjo. camerajuan
  • Score: 1

3:56pm Tue 8 Apr 14

RomseyKeith says...

100%HANTSBOY wrote:
What a cop-out "Ms Bracher later told the Daily Echo that medical confidentiality meant that she was unable to comment." Grow a pair Ms Bracher and tell it how it is! Jeeeesh this mega PC world gets my goat!
It is a cop-out. Medical Confidentiality only applies to patient specific details doesn't it? As to the reasons why a person was ejected, the policies on site regarding children in the waiting room, etc, should surely be commentable.
[quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: What a cop-out "Ms Bracher later told the Daily Echo that medical confidentiality meant that she was unable to comment." Grow a pair Ms Bracher and tell it how it is! Jeeeesh this mega PC world gets my goat![/p][/quote]It is a cop-out. Medical Confidentiality only applies to patient specific details doesn't it? As to the reasons why a person was ejected, the policies on site regarding children in the waiting room, etc, should surely be commentable. RomseyKeith
  • Score: 4

4:02pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Hants19 says...

The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all!
[quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all! Hants19
  • Score: -9

4:07pm Tue 8 Apr 14

_watchman says...

I see once again the comments page has become a pool of idiocy and a cesspit of grammar
I see once again the comments page has become a pool of idiocy and a cesspit of grammar _watchman
  • Score: 2

4:23pm Tue 8 Apr 14

minnie64 says...

Hants19 wrote:
The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all!
Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem
[quote][p][bold]Hants19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all![/p][/quote]Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem minnie64
  • Score: 4

4:47pm Tue 8 Apr 14

bullarboy says...

Didn't like her ineptitude as a parent being highlighted to her - took offence and cancelled the appointment (without guaranteeing a future one) How selfish that she put her feelings above that of her so ill infant!!
Didn't like her ineptitude as a parent being highlighted to her - took offence and cancelled the appointment (without guaranteeing a future one) How selfish that she put her feelings above that of her so ill infant!! bullarboy
  • Score: 8

4:54pm Tue 8 Apr 14

St.Winch70 says...

townieboy wrote:
Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others.
You're an adult that should be able to deal with feeling unwell. A child of that age is not yet capable of dealing with their pain whilst being considerate of others.
What a twåt you are!
[quote][p][bold]townieboy[/bold] wrote: Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others.[/p][/quote]You're an adult that should be able to deal with feeling unwell. A child of that age is not yet capable of dealing with their pain whilst being considerate of others. What a twåt you are! St.Winch70
  • Score: 4

5:44pm Tue 8 Apr 14

red/whitearmy says...

So she was asked to wait out side with her child. When i read the title it read like she was asked to leave the surgery altogether , Not wait out side. I have been in a waiting room for 30 mins and sat there listening to other patients cough there guts up with out the hand over there mouth , And the poor kids who are ill. Not easy when your child is ill and irritable. I go to doctors if i need to but thats where i normally end up catching a bug. Us adults can sit there and bear our problems but young children cant. So grow the hell up and feel for the young child.
So she was asked to wait out side with her child. When i read the title it read like she was asked to leave the surgery altogether , Not wait out side. I have been in a waiting room for 30 mins and sat there listening to other patients cough there guts up with out the hand over there mouth , And the poor kids who are ill. Not easy when your child is ill and irritable. I go to doctors if i need to but thats where i normally end up catching a bug. Us adults can sit there and bear our problems but young children cant. So grow the hell up and feel for the young child. red/whitearmy
  • Score: 4

5:46pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Vixsta says...

Disgraceful! Lucky I have a really good Dr's surgery and the receptionists are actually very nice (shock horror!), surely they could have offered her a side room to sit in if it was really causing that much of a problem (which I'm sure my surgery would have done)!! She was poorly, not misbehaving!!
Disgraceful! Lucky I have a really good Dr's surgery and the receptionists are actually very nice (shock horror!), surely they could have offered her a side room to sit in if it was really causing that much of a problem (which I'm sure my surgery would have done)!! She was poorly, not misbehaving!! Vixsta
  • Score: 7

7:32pm Tue 8 Apr 14

forest hump says...

Superior Being wrote:
The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
So..........you are either the receptionist or one of the other 2 patients???
Brilliant deduction. A true sleuth!
[quote][p][bold]Superior Being[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]So..........you are either the receptionist or one of the other 2 patients???[/p][/quote]Brilliant deduction. A true sleuth! forest hump
  • Score: 4

7:58pm Tue 8 Apr 14

neilchi says...

I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect?

I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.
I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect? I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down. neilchi
  • Score: 4

8:19pm Tue 8 Apr 14

katieh88 says...

minnie64 wrote:
Hants19 wrote:
The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all!
Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem
Why has this all turned round to the mother and child? The receptionist is the one at fault here. I was there. The child was in the mothers arms screaming with pain, they were both distressed and you could tell they'd been waiting ages as you always seem to do the surgery....the way there were asked to leave...there were TWO other people there who were taking no notice whatsoever....and to say if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem...well yes, maybe she does, there are such things as Autism Spectrum Disorder or ADHD etc, my son is on the spectrum and he would lie on the floor and scream and there's nothing I can do except sit with him and soothe him. what would they do then? throw me out?!
[quote][p][bold]minnie64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hants19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all![/p][/quote]Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem[/p][/quote]Why has this all turned round to the mother and child? The receptionist is the one at fault here. I was there. The child was in the mothers arms screaming with pain, they were both distressed and you could tell they'd been waiting ages as you always seem to do the surgery....the way there were asked to leave...there were TWO other people there who were taking no notice whatsoever....and to say if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem...well yes, maybe she does, there are such things as Autism Spectrum Disorder or ADHD etc, my son is on the spectrum and he would lie on the floor and scream and there's nothing I can do except sit with him and soothe him. what would they do then? throw me out?! katieh88
  • Score: -3

8:28pm Tue 8 Apr 14

katieh88 says...

I am a 45 year old woman with children of my own. The child was trying to be comforted by the mother at the time when she was asked to leave. But it was obvious she was uncomfortable as she was crying. Anyone with a small child knows what its like when they're ill, or even when they're not, if they throw a tantrum in the middle of the supermarket, we've all been there. In my opinion, the receptionist was particularly rude when she asked Donna to leave, it was her whole attitude and tone of voice. If you can't sit with your sick child in a doctors surgery, where ARE you supposed to sit with them? She should never have been asked to leave, and if the doctors had been running on time it wouldn't have happened anyway.
I am a 45 year old woman with children of my own. The child was trying to be comforted by the mother at the time when she was asked to leave. But it was obvious she was uncomfortable as she was crying. Anyone with a small child knows what its like when they're ill, or even when they're not, if they throw a tantrum in the middle of the supermarket, we've all been there. In my opinion, the receptionist was particularly rude when she asked Donna to leave, it was her whole attitude and tone of voice. If you can't sit with your sick child in a doctors surgery, where ARE you supposed to sit with them? She should never have been asked to leave, and if the doctors had been running on time it wouldn't have happened anyway. katieh88
  • Score: 2

8:31pm Tue 8 Apr 14

katieh88 says...

bullarboy wrote:
Didn't like her ineptitude as a parent being highlighted to her - took offence and cancelled the appointment (without guaranteeing a future one) How selfish that she put her feelings above that of her so ill infant!!
well it was actually the receptionist putting the child at risk asking them to wait outside. the mother was simply doing as she was asked by the receptionist.
[quote][p][bold]bullarboy[/bold] wrote: Didn't like her ineptitude as a parent being highlighted to her - took offence and cancelled the appointment (without guaranteeing a future one) How selfish that she put her feelings above that of her so ill infant!![/p][/quote]well it was actually the receptionist putting the child at risk asking them to wait outside. the mother was simply doing as she was asked by the receptionist. katieh88
  • Score: -8

8:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Hants19 says...

neilchi wrote:
I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect?

I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.
I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour.
[quote][p][bold]neilchi[/bold] wrote: I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect? I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.[/p][/quote]I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour. Hants19
  • Score: -2

10:14pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Little missdreamy says...

chimneysweep 1234 wrote:
Screaming kids grrr they should be given a fast track appointment to get them out quick ..
What should happen in the case of a distressed, unwell child who was probably tired at that time of the evening and feeling worse, as both adults and children do at the end of the day, is a member of staff should have spoken to the GP and got her seen as soon as possible. It was really a case of using their common sense and relieving a stressful situation for everyone rather than isolating the mother and child.
[quote][p][bold]chimneysweep 1234[/bold] wrote: Screaming kids grrr they should be given a fast track appointment to get them out quick ..[/p][/quote]What should happen in the case of a distressed, unwell child who was probably tired at that time of the evening and feeling worse, as both adults and children do at the end of the day, is a member of staff should have spoken to the GP and got her seen as soon as possible. It was really a case of using their common sense and relieving a stressful situation for everyone rather than isolating the mother and child. Little missdreamy
  • Score: 1

10:48pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Proudtoberomany says...

The usual keyboard warriors bullying yet again! And yet again another personal attack on the parent! This is absolutely terrible, surely if the baby was getting so distressed it was because of how poorly she was feeling they should have got her seen sooner.
The usual keyboard warriors bullying yet again! And yet again another personal attack on the parent! This is absolutely terrible, surely if the baby was getting so distressed it was because of how poorly she was feeling they should have got her seen sooner. Proudtoberomany
  • Score: -3

6:25am Wed 9 Apr 14

oldage says...

Get this on the bus all time on way to work Mother more intrested playing with her phone than amusing the child .
Get this on the bus all time on way to work Mother more intrested playing with her phone than amusing the child . oldage
  • Score: 7

6:46am Wed 9 Apr 14

bigfella777 says...

In my doctors there is an electronic sign saying please Dont let your children run around or make excessive noise as it is inconsiderate to other patients.
It shouldn't be too hard to understand. Why should one person be excused from this? The child is still grizzling in the photo above it does look like poor parenting, who is in charge the adult or the child?
In my doctors there is an electronic sign saying please Dont let your children run around or make excessive noise as it is inconsiderate to other patients. It shouldn't be too hard to understand. Why should one person be excused from this? The child is still grizzling in the photo above it does look like poor parenting, who is in charge the adult or the child? bigfella777
  • Score: 1

9:51am Wed 9 Apr 14

S!monOn says...

minnie64 wrote:
Hants19 wrote:
The irate commuter wrote:
PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE???

The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move?

But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !!
Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all!
Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem
At a year old.... what are you expecting children to be able to understand or deal with?
[quote][p][bold]minnie64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hants19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The irate commuter[/bold] wrote: PLEASE CAN THE DAILY ECHO & RADIO SOLENT REPORT THE REAL REASON THEY WERE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE??? The kid was running riot & running around the other sick patients whilst the mother just sat there. So NOt just crying!!. With other patients being inconvenienced, was it any wonder the surgery asked them to move? But don't let the facts get tin the way of some sensationalsit story !![/p][/quote]Yes she was running around but that's what 17month active children do! But like the lady that witnessed this has said the way it was handled in totally the wrong way! And for saying "the mother just sat there" that really is a fact isn't it...no not at all![/p][/quote]Obviously not that poorly then if she was 'active' - if you cant get your child to stop running around at that age you have a problem[/p][/quote]At a year old.... what are you expecting children to be able to understand or deal with? S!monOn
  • Score: 2

10:14am Wed 9 Apr 14

RomseyKeith says...

There are about 3 commentors on here who say they were actually there and witnessed this; with one saying the kid was running around and another saying it was cradled in the mother's arms. Such consistency.
There are about 3 commentors on here who say they were actually there and witnessed this; with one saying the kid was running around and another saying it was cradled in the mother's arms. Such consistency. RomseyKeith
  • Score: 7

10:22am Wed 9 Apr 14

S!monOn says...

bigfella777 wrote:
In my doctors there is an electronic sign saying please Dont let your children run around or make excessive noise as it is inconsiderate to other patients.
It shouldn't be too hard to understand. Why should one person be excused from this? The child is still grizzling in the photo above it does look like poor parenting, who is in charge the adult or the child?
That's a big assumption based upon one photo.
[quote][p][bold]bigfella777[/bold] wrote: In my doctors there is an electronic sign saying please Dont let your children run around or make excessive noise as it is inconsiderate to other patients. It shouldn't be too hard to understand. Why should one person be excused from this? The child is still grizzling in the photo above it does look like poor parenting, who is in charge the adult or the child?[/p][/quote]That's a big assumption based upon one photo. S!monOn
  • Score: -3

2:37pm Wed 9 Apr 14

Hastagger says...

townieboy wrote:
Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others.
It is 'Aren't' and 'you're unwell' - otherwise you are implying that the 'unwell' belongs to you, which is simply nonsense. I deduce from YOUR grasp of grammar, that YOU'RE a dunce as well as having no compassion for children. Consider yourself schooled!
[quote][p][bold]townieboy[/bold] wrote: Arnt other patents ill while waiting ? Why should you have to put up with a screaming child if your unwell....... take here outside as a gesture to others.[/p][/quote]It is 'Aren't' and 'you're unwell' - otherwise you are implying that the 'unwell' belongs to you, which is simply nonsense. I deduce from YOUR grasp of grammar, that YOU'RE a dunce as well as having no compassion for children. Consider yourself schooled! Hastagger
  • Score: -3

3:21pm Wed 9 Apr 14

There's only one 'H' in 'Ampshire says...

exforester wrote:
Once upon a dream, doctors would make a home call.....
I think you are harking back to a mythical point somewhere in the past where things were somehow better than today
Daily Mail readers tend to exhibit this mindset
[quote][p][bold]exforester[/bold] wrote: Once upon a dream, doctors would make a home call.....[/p][/quote]I think you are harking back to a mythical point somewhere in the past where things were somehow better than today Daily Mail readers tend to exhibit this mindset There's only one 'H' in 'Ampshire
  • Score: 0

5:49pm Wed 9 Apr 14

bobby the crane says...

Beer Monster wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
Indeed, his grasp of the English language is astounding.
what like a dim spark, get a life, we are talking about a 1 year old ''baby'' here
[quote][p][bold]Beer Monster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]Indeed, his grasp of the English language is astounding.[/p][/quote]what like a dim spark, get a life, we are talking about a 1 year old ''baby'' here bobby the crane
  • Score: -1

5:53pm Wed 9 Apr 14

bobby the crane says...

Sarfhampton2 wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
WinchesterResient199


1
wrote:
100%HANTSBOY wrote:
Brite Spark wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.
Lol ! Nice one !
How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?
You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).
What a sick twisted person
DIM SPARK DO YOU HAVE KIDS IF SO THEY WILL GROW UP THE SAME AS YO A DIM WITT
[quote][p][bold]Sarfhampton2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WinchesterResient199 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]100%HANTSBOY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Where was the dad, he should be disciplining the child so that it grows up proper like what i did.[/p][/quote]Lol ! Nice one ![/p][/quote]How on earth can you discipline a child that is ill?[/p][/quote]You bend a tree when it is young. Then it might grow up to get married before attempting to bring up children of its own. (The child, not the tree).[/p][/quote]What a sick twisted person[/p][/quote]DIM SPARK DO YOU HAVE KIDS IF SO THEY WILL GROW UP THE SAME AS YO A DIM WITT bobby the crane
  • Score: -1

6:05pm Wed 9 Apr 14

bobby the crane says...

I Agree with some of the comments above. however '' Bright Spark'' has made some very stupid comments on his post's , after all we are talking about a 1 year old baby & a young Mum, who was concerned about her child, years ago it was women & children first, forget about the waiting list
I Agree with some of the comments above. however '' Bright Spark'' has made some very stupid comments on his post's , after all we are talking about a 1 year old baby & a young Mum, who was concerned about her child, years ago it was women & children first, forget about the waiting list bobby the crane
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Wed 9 Apr 14

southamptonadi says...

Hants19 wrote:
neilchi wrote:
I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect?

I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.
I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour.
I read your review, seems genuine so I'm believing you hope you take action against the surgery.

But not sure about your point of it being a main road, it's rush hour in Winchester, probably safest time for pedestrians. Traffic so slow.
[quote][p][bold]Hants19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]neilchi[/bold] wrote: I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect? I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.[/p][/quote]I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour.[/p][/quote]I read your review, seems genuine so I'm believing you hope you take action against the surgery. But not sure about your point of it being a main road, it's rush hour in Winchester, probably safest time for pedestrians. Traffic so slow. southamptonadi
  • Score: 3

7:30pm Wed 9 Apr 14

southamptonadi says...

Hants19 wrote:
neilchi wrote:
I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect?

I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.
I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour.
I read your review, seems genuine so I'm believing you hope you take action against the surgery.

But not sure about your point of it being a main road, it's rush hour in Winchester, probably safest time for pedestrians. Traffic so slow.
[quote][p][bold]Hants19[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]neilchi[/bold] wrote: I have a feeling that the whole story isn't being reported. I have upmost sympathy for any child unwell.And for that fact any adult. However, if the mother (and state again IF) was one of those who pay no attention to her child and spends more time texting on her phone etc, then what's to expect? I doubt a doctor surgery would ask someone to leave without real reason. Whilst a child who is unwell can be loud a bit of affection can reassure and calm a child down.[/p][/quote]I can assure u it is and that lili gets all the attention and ppl that no the family know that both parents work very hard and bring lili up very well. The main point is going out side with a small child is not right it's on a main road and it was rush hour.[/p][/quote]I read your review, seems genuine so I'm believing you hope you take action against the surgery. But not sure about your point of it being a main road, it's rush hour in Winchester, probably safest time for pedestrians. Traffic so slow. southamptonadi
  • Score: 0

4:33am Wed 23 Apr 14

shoopdawoop says...

To be honest, I know Ms. Galliott personally, and I've seen her on more than one occasion cause a scene without much provocation. She is one of those people who goes around looking for trouble, and I doubt this situation was any different. I posted this same comment on the Hampshire Chronicle site, but this seems a more active thread.
To be honest, I know Ms. Galliott personally, and I've seen her on more than one occasion cause a scene without much provocation. She is one of those people who goes around looking for trouble, and I doubt this situation was any different. I posted this same comment on the Hampshire Chronicle site, but this seems a more active thread. shoopdawoop
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree