Blaze fears

Blaze fears at Southampton flats

Blaze fears at Southampton flats

First published in News
Last updated

RESIDENTS were evacuated from a block of flats amid fears a fire had broken out.

People living in the top floor of the building in Maycroft Court in Hulse Road, Southampton, were told to leave their homes after reports of a kitchen fire at about 7.30pm on Monday.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service crews then located the source of the fire which, it was said, was pan of oil that had overheated on a hob.

No one was injured.

Crews have been using fans to disperse smoke.

It is understood students lived in the affected flat.

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree